Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Let's Build Open Source Emulator for Icarus Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Icarus Online (Korean/Japanese version) - 이카루스
---

I found that someone developed an emulator for older client - https://github.com/Tahoma1987/IEMU

but Tahoma1987's emulator isn't maintained and is outdated.

I'd love to see if someone would love to build an open source emulator for latest Icarus Online. I have strong experience in software engineering and socket programming, but I don't have experience in depacking/decrypting compressed files (pak, npk) and sniffing encrypted packets. I could offer a help in developing a server-side stuffs (server, SQL, etc) or someone can tell me what should i do to reverse-engineer the game (tools, etc)

Also, I'd like to know how to translate client-side files from KR/JP to English.

Yes, I have heard about Nexon's official Riders of Icarus (public server) and Project Icarus (private server), but I prefer an open source emulator for playing offline or playing with small group of friends on LAN party.

Reaction score
Personal opinion, dont. Its a dead game in the west and your efforts for building one will just go down the drain quickly.
I suggest you emulate ArcheAge instead. Even if people thinks its dead, the server in West by Trion is still holding up quite fairly and I am sure, there are people wanting to play on a Private ArcheAge server instead of Icarus online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back