Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] R1EMU: a Tree of Savior emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Game name: Tree of Savior
Emulator programming language: C
Main forum: R1EMU
Source code: https://github.com/r1emu/R1EMU
Guides/Tutorials: start [R1EMU]

Hi everybody,

We've been working since January on an emulator for Tree of Savior. The current version is able to emulate a Barrack Server (character selection, creation, ...) and a Zone Server (mainly movements and chat for now).
Our goal is to make fully functional and robust emulator package. We hope some of you will be interested in the project and join us.

We've been working mainly from scratch since the first Korean CBT, only by reverse engineering the client and without network packets dumps. Since the ICBT, we've been able to dump some network snippets so it should be a lot easier from now.

The emulator is still pretty unstable so you shouldn't make a real server out of it yet.

We just opened the community so there is still a lot of guides we have to write.

Thanks for the support.
Rioru

Here are some screenshots of the project.
ScreenShot_20150128_00002 - [Development] R1EMU: a Tree of Savior emulator - RaGEZONE Forums ScreenShot_20150217_00001 - [Development] R1EMU: a Tree of Savior emulator - RaGEZONE Forums screenshot_20150215_00002 - [Development] R1EMU: a Tree of Savior emulator - RaGEZONE Forums screenshot_20150217_00005 - [Development] R1EMU: a Tree of Savior emulator - RaGEZONE Forums screenshot_20150824_00001 - [Development] R1EMU: a Tree of Savior emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

You can find some videos of the emulator running on our forum in this thread.

I will keep this thread updated for news about the project.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So question? when i complement this development and get marked as spam but everyone above this post did the same and doesn't?

None of the less good luck on the development i hope this game does achieve greater success then ragnarok.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know why you've been marked as spam but thanks everybody for the support!

We've been working these days on the refactoring on a lot of the code to add a coding convention.
We also added packet decryption directly in the server thanks to one of our member (so we don't need to inject the client anymore).

One of our core dev is working on a VS2015 solution and the other project solutions seem to work for the majority of the people.
We will probably add some packet handlers soon as well as some admin commands (the chat has been added recently).

We did some test on a server with 3 people and everything ran smoothly. The emulator doesn't use too many resources, but we still have to check for memory leaks to be sure.

Thanks again!

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Hey, I don't know why you've been marked as spam but thanks everybody for the support!

He is referring to the fact that his post only got deleted. Well he was right to complain about it because it seems that a lot of people don't understand the section rules, I had to delete these 'thank you' messages because they are simply not allowed by the section rules because they are considered spam. A click on the like button is sufficient enough to say thank you.

Oh btw, you're doing a great job on making this project, keep us updated with more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back