Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] rebornAPB - All Points Bulletin emulator for v1.4.1.55239

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi.

Some of you may remember me, I'm the founder of APBEMU project (not the first one ever though). Decided to make this project open source and collaborate with you guys to make it finally working. There's nothing much else to say, other than me writting down few progress information. All of info/files/whatever you need and will look for is located right at the repository (which link is at bottom of this post).

Progress:
  • Login server - 90%
  • World server - 25%
  • District server - 5%

If you're skilled Reverse Engineer, C++ or C# coder (or everything listed), feel free to contact me and I will grant you Collaborator access at the repository so you can start doing updates. Lets finish this together! ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Luna here,

Just inputting a small status update.

• We've (finally) translated all the French that was in the old framework to English (damn white flags everywhere). It was a pain to do, but everything should not be displayed in English properly.
  • Development has also started on a few other aspects of the server/emulator, mainly the framework for the web-end is being worked on (by me).
    (this will be used for safely adding and removing accounts, as well as a gm tool to ban/make people admin)
  • We now have a Skype group for the developers to chat and discuss/help eachother out (contact me here, or on the emu forums for details)

As for things that are fully working:
  • Adding users to the database and encrypt the password with a salt
  • User Logging in
  • Creating characters
  • Modifying APB$, RTW$, Rank, Notoriety etc
  • Connecting to the world server and registering the character to it
  • Have the world server, login server and district server running without having all of them crash when running at the same time
  • Pass requests from Login server to World server
  • Spinning up the district server and have the world server display the connection to the client
Things that are NOT working:
  • Entering the district(s)
  • Editing the clothing/outfits
  • Creating clans/groups
  • Being able to talk to other clients (requires district server to be completed/working)
  • Editing symbols and other modifications
  • VOIP (Requires district server)
  • Map editor

bUJforA - [Development] rebornAPB - All Points Bulletin emulator for v1.4.1.55239 - RaGEZONE Forums

We're still looking for skilled C# developers and people willing to help out.
If anyone knows what kind of encryption the UDP packages use that APB sends out, please share this info as this would help us greatly.

Well, that's it for today. Take care~ :blush:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone~
Its time for a project update!

• Everything is translated to English. (Hunted down a few stray French strings in the framework.dll)
  • Development of the web-based CP has been progressing nicely, the administrators can insert users into the database without the need of an external client.
  • We now have a Skype&discord group for the developers to chat and discuss/help each other out (contact me here, or on the emu forums for details)
  • We have also received the Engine Upgrade (2.0.0) Files and are currently working with them. We're not releasing them publicly so if you want to play around with them go ahead and join in on the project. (Login is being worked on currently with 2.0.0. It should work, but it requires further testing)

As for things that are fully working:
  • Adding users to the database and encrypt the password with a salt
  • User Logging in
  • Creating characters
  • Modifying APB$, RTW$, Rank, Notoriety etc
  • Connecting to the world server and registering the character to it
  • Have the world server, login server and district server running without having all of them crash when running at the same time
  • Pass requests from Login server to World server
  • Spinning up the district server and have the world server display the connection to the client
  • Emulating server versions to allow older (or newer) clients to connect. This change excludes clients that use scale form as they use different opcodes
Things that are NOT working:
  • Entering the district(s)
  • Editing the clothing/outfits
  • Creating clans/groups
  • Being able to talk to other clients (requires district server to be completed/working)
  • Editing symbols and other modifications
  • VOIP (Requires district server)
  • Map editor

pco3WcZ - [Development] rebornAPB - All Points Bulletin emulator for v1.4.1.55239 - RaGEZONE Forums

We're still looking for skilled C# developers and people willing to help out.
If anyone knows what kind of encryption the UDP packages use that APB sends out, please share this info as this would help us greatly.

Well, that's it for today. Take care~ :blush:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back