Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Splinter Cell Conviction REAL Offline LAN Lobby Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
----
Reaction score
Hello all!

I could use some help... with what? let me tell you a story... XD

Did you know that in Splinter Cell Conviction LAN mode is still requires internet to play? Just try to access lan when you are in on lan only without internet...(E.G.: Disconnect the internet for a while and try to access Deniable Ops-> LAN. I give you a clue: it wont work.)

Oh yes! It is for deniable ops, not for the normal Multiplayer of the game!

It uses a central uplay server to match people, so basicly it is NOT a lan mode... offline is not working... That is bad; becouse what if they decide in some day that they turn off that small server that makes connections to other peoples in lan? You'll able to play solo only...

Thats what i had in my mind when i tried to achieve some progression... so i managed to sniff out some traffic with wireshark, and i replicated the server responses in the menu to let you in.

You can now host without internet but the other people will still not see the game, BUT you can access it offline you can try it. Now, the rest of the IP matching is in UDP protocoll that i cannot understand. I dont know if there is a command line or console access to connect to the other player, but i am considering this a half success.

its not a big thing yet, but i have managed to replicate some things regarding the web part. Basicly if you are disconnecting the internet and make some modifications in the hosts file you can access the lan menu... even you can host a game... what we would need is somehow replicate the connection. On the main part the game itself is not relying on the server if we could make a direct connection somehow. It hosts in lan mode, only the list in the menu needs the uplay server that reports back to the client with the list of lan games and IP adresses on lan. Or make the game to show the console somehow... From there; we could connect to the host's lobby offline in lan with direct IP.. it is unreal engine 3 or 2? The config files wont help to get the console. It simply wont enable it.
So, here is my lan menu bypass "emu" (it is basicly it does not do much just bypasses the menu with a local web services when it is not letting you in to deniable ops coop in offline mode. it just requests 2 files one Json and one aspx file both replying in plain text format.)

How to try:
1. Get a copy of the game.
2. Download this package. Extract it somewhere.
3. Add to your hosts file this:

127.0.0.1 onlineconfigservice.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 gconnect.ubi.com

4. Start the start.bat in the wwwemu folder.
(Now, what this does is starts two mini web server listening on port 80 and 3074)

Dont close the two command window those are needed!!

5. Start the game and try to access Coop Deniable ops -> Lan
The webserver will actually tell you that the program tries to access, and it will have reply too.

But so far thats it where i got... You can host but your partner cannot join.

Possible solutions:
- It would need a command line to connect from OR:
- Ingame console access...
- Replicating UDP traffic.

Anyone have some Ideas? I am kinda stuck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back