Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Splix.io Private Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi developers and leechers,

today I'd like to show you the project I started some days ago.

What is SplixIO?
Splix is a strategy game, as many IO games. Move around your personal zone to expand your zone.
Simple explanation showed on Splix' site:
3635f6de1342a8340209f0836408f0fb - [Development] Splix.io Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Why a private server?
I like the game very much, and have nothing but respect to the developers of it, yet I'm still a curious George wanting to expand my knowledge.
Never before have I made my own C# project, so bear with me as you might see some irregular code.
Besides wanting to expand my knowledge, it seemed a good idea to me to let people create their own private servers, allowing them to play with their friends, and their friends only, in for instance a much smaller map.
Just like Ogar did with Agar, I can create some custom gamemodes too which is really fun to look forward to.

How does it work?
Splix works through websockets. It uses a javascript client, and in my case a C# server.
The library I'm using for C# WebSockets is Flex, the reason for this is simply because I had experience with it.
I simply modified the client, allowing me to log packets and learning more and more about the game.

Why C#?
You're either pro- or anti-C#, I "grew up" programming in C# as I was always working on Habbo related projects. Therefore I'm pro-C#. I'm not againt Java, don't get me wrong, but I simply love Visual Studio.
The server is 100% selfwritten, though does it contain some inspiration from some projects I've been working with lately.

Progress?
The basics are done. The server handles and sends packets properly.
Though I have yet to configure all the incoming packets, and the game itself etc.
82d50e9bdad3fad97e4e4ea60417e914 - [Development] Splix.io Private Server - RaGEZONE Forums

Snippet
This snippet is just an example of me working with the various packets, learning more about them, and the meaning of the bytes within them.
Code:
    class MyDeathComposer : ServerPacket
    {

public MyDeathComposer(int SecondsAlive, int HighestRank, int PlayersKilled, int BlocksCaptured, int DeathType, string KilledBy = "")
            : base(ServerPacketHeader.MyDeathMessageComposer)
        {

base.WriteInt(0); // Blocks captured 1
            base.WriteInt(0); // Blocks captured 2
            base.WriteInt(Convert.ToInt32(Math.Floor(Convert.ToDouble(BlocksCaptured) / 256.0))); // Blocks captured multiplier
            base.WriteInt(BlocksCaptured % 256); // Blocks captured remainder

base.WriteInt(Convert.ToInt32(Math.Floor(Convert.ToDouble(PlayersKilled) / 256.0))); // Kills multiplier
            base.WriteInt(PlayersKilled % 256); // Kills remainder

base.WriteInt(Convert.ToInt32(Math.Floor(Convert.ToDouble(HighestRank) / 256.0))); // Highest Rank Multiplier
            base.WriteInt(HighestRank % 256); // Highest Rank remainder

base.WriteInt(0); // Seconds alive 3th
            base.WriteInt(0); // Seconds alive 2nd
            base.WriteInt(Convert.ToInt32(Math.Floor(Convert.ToDouble(SecondsAlive) / 256.0))); // Seconds alive multiplier
            base.WriteInt(SecondsAlive % 256); // Seconds alive remainder

base.WriteInt(0); // Last time no1   1
            base.WriteInt(0); // Last time no1   2
            base.WriteInt(0); // Last time no1   3
            base.WriteInt(0); // Last time no1   4

base.WriteInt(DeathType < 0 || DeathType > 3 ? 1 : DeathType); // Killed by, 1=player, 2=the wall, 3=yourself
            base.WriteString(KilledBy); // Killed by

}

}
}

So yeah
That's it for now, just wanted to share the idea with you!
I'll probably release it when it's done, so stay tuned for that I guess..

Love, :blush:
Keiz

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks good, good luck with this:w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back