Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Tree of Savior - The Melia Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Myself and a few old RO private server devs were looking at getting into this community, but unfortunately the Steam client is down. I believe my server is all setup locally to test, and I have an old korean client I think but it gets rejected on login. Once we have that newer client I'd love to start testing some of this emulator out. Thanks Keith.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey hello Seryll, welcome you and your friends to RaGEZONE Community!
nice to hear you in a dev team! you will meet a lot of nice people here!
..and for the files - im sure they will be available soon :D

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
any news on this?the steam client is still broken and discussion in steam has been put down
i think they closed

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I guess they were saying next maintenance update but that's come and gone.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The indonesian client seems to have a map packet that doesn't agree with Melia, so it can't be used, at least as far as I can figure. I get past the initial intro after creating and character, then a crash, then the channel server spits out two packets that it can't handle from the client.

- PacketHandler: No handler found for 'OD33', CZ_MAP_REVEAL_INFO.

is one of them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The indonesian client seems to have a map packet that doesn't agree with Melia, so it can't be used, at least as far as I can figure. I get past the initial intro after creating and character, then a crash, then the channel server spits out two packets that it can't handle from the client.

is one of them.
While you're probably right about the client not being compatible with Melia, I want to mention that a missing packet handler isn't necessarily a problem. It just means the the client sent something that the server isn't handling (yet). CZ_MAP_REVEAL_INFO is one such packet, but its handler being missing doesn't affect the general functionality.

More likely to be a problem is differing ops and changes in the login packets. It's totally possible to make Melia compatible, you "just" have to get the ops and packet structures for the Indonesian client.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Oh I know, but by the time I figure out how to add all that in to make it compatible, and then translate the client so I can understand it better, the english client (hopefully) would be available to download again haha. No biggy. I did post the log on the github tracker just incase it is needed down the road, but I don't want it to take any resources away from the core development either. I don't think its a super huge issue.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can someone please upload the client please?
i know its a lot of work to upload, but you make a lot of people happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back