Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Development] Tree of Savior - The Melia Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
We're doing a fork of Melia, you can see it here: https://github.com/sant0ro/Melia, we will merge it into https://github.com/aura-project/Melia in the future, when get a stable version.
@exectails, see if we're doing correctly! Big hugs ;)

I quickly checked out the aura-project on Github. The only thing I've seen so far is short terms for objects like mgr instead of manager, this is very confusing sometimes. Not sure who's developing it but it's so not recommended to use variable names that are confusing.

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I quickly checked out the aura-project on Github. The only thing I've seen so far is short terms for objects like mgr instead of manager, this is very confusing sometimes. Not sure who's developing it but it's so not recommended to use variable names that are confusing.

Sure, one of the reasons that we did a fork is because some of the developer doesn't think in the same way of the author (exectails), so we're doing a fork and after that he can say if it's good or not and approve our merge. Since the last active commit was in June and the development of the Emulator was stopped.

One of the developers actually managed to update the Emulator to half work with the new ToS clients. That enforces HTTPS connections between the client and server. And also some packet obfuscations.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The only thing I've seen so far is short terms for objects like mgr instead of manager, this is very confusing sometimes. Not sure who's developing it but it's so not recommended to use variable names that are confusing.

I agree that variables should generally have proper names. I don't know why I named it like that, probably because I was in a hurry to get it running, but it's declared and used within 4 lines of code, and because of that it's easy to see what it is in my opinion. Personally I think it's excusable in this case^^ It's most certainly not a common theme.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back