Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dragon Nest Emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting a new project in my spare time. I've been playing Dragon Nest a bit and it's pretty nice, except for Nexon's really dropping the ball with hosting(it's had like 5days downtime in the past couple weeks without ETAs, not to mention laggy & bot-ridden servers). I'm mainly interested because it would be challenging to emulate the fast-paced action networking.

Anyone else interested in this game/project?

Reaction score
poop game, but the development would be interesting as you stated. To be honest the easiest game of nexons to emulate other than MS would probably be vindictus due to being able to attach the source SDK to the client easily.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The game is really nice.
The Dragon Nest SEA server is quite bad aswell, if it wasn't that laggy and filled with retards I would have actually kept playing it O_O

Reaction score
poop game, but the development would be interesting as you stated. To be honest the easiest game of nexons to emulate other than MS would probably be vindictus due to being able to attach the source SDK to the client easily.

Vindictus crypto is Proudnet. just throwing that out there, I do wish someone would start devlopment of a Vindy emu tho

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am intersted in this. Send me a PM and we could talk further. :)

Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'm not looking for an easy project, but a unique one. I like the gameplay, but it is quite buggy and doesn't have much endgame content.

Seeing the "SecureEngineConfig.ini", it probably is packed with latest Themida. So the first thing that would need to be done is unpack the client binary. I'll work some on this even though it's not one of my best areas.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It got super balls boring to me, especially after guild and I rushed 3 characters to 24 within a week during Beta. Go build a Vindictus emu for shits. <3

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well cap keeps raising, new dungeons nest and such.. also the pvp / guildwars will be good. anyway goodluck, vindictus sucks. :lol:

I hate PVP in that game, too many flinch/infinite-combos. However, the Nests are really fun.

Reaction score
Haha so true, swordsman/mercenarys can keep dropping you untill your dead >.> every small flinch puts the skill you do on cooldown xD But ye pve wise there's enough to do and is just getting more overtime.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Haha so true, swordsman/mercenarys can keep dropping you untill your dead >.> every small flinch puts the skill you do on cooldown xD But ye pve wise there's enough to do and is just getting more overtime.

On Nexon's server, I can clear all the 15 weekly nest runs in around 2-3hours(solo except hell cerb)... They really could increase the weekly limit or something, there's nothing to do after lv32 except nests and pvp(so far).

Reaction score
i would like to see that since you will be the one building it. i bet alot of people is waiting for a good pserver for Dragon Nest. If you're going to start it, good luck :)

off-topic: everyone is talking about vindictus, in my opinion the game is cool but the game itself becomes really boring, u do dungeons all the time, u are in the same village from the beginning to the end.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well i wanna see xLethal make a Pserver of Dragonest :) since he's one of the best ive known so far.. Xor Networks :)

Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've done some research and found that DragonNest SEA's binary is completely unencrypted. This will make it relatively easy to detour the networking calls(send/recv) and figure out the packet encryption. I'll post back when I've made some progress on this.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i played in china server...it quite good and no laggy
i played a Private Server before, it from japan but closed long time ago...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have over a year and half of experience with Dragon Nest. It's a very good game, but hosted by a VERY bad company.. There used to be a private server with old official files, but it had huge down times, no updates, and an Admin that didn't care at all..

I would like to know about your progress on this. I enjoy the XOR servers, and the company itself. A Private Server is indeed heavily needed right now. It's all we've got to having a normal, fun DN experience.

PS: DN is a very good game.. It seems like crap because the company that hosts it is horrid..

Lastly, if you do build the server on SEA or what not files, make sure you know that CN/KR/TW version are of easy access, and you could probably packet sniff there easily, especially for the fact that they have much higher versions than NA or SEA. I think a LV 50 cap server would be great.

You could do this:

1. Use PWR system. (Requires sniff from NA or SEA version)
2. Remove weekly limits to Nests.
3. .. Cash Shop.. - Make sure to have vote for NX aka CC. The CS in DN is a heavy influence on the game. You need to make sure you don't re-create that OP CS crap that Nexon and other companies tend to do.
4. Translations - For content over LV 40, you need to get a translator. When you get to this point, ask me. I'm the mastermind behind the DN CN translation patch. I created the entire thing with a friend of mine named Apqoo that made the tools. I am a master at DN translation and integration.
5. Rates - You should focus on having a mid to low rate server. The level cap isn't high enough to have a super high rate, and I highly doubt you would make one that is high. I would suggest 2-5x rates. This includes gold rate since everyone needs a lot of gold, and it will be hard at first.
6. Marketplace CS Integration - You need to make sure you don't make the idiotic purpose mistakes that Nexon did and actually add in the NX Equipment/NX Accessories/NX Consumables tab to Marketplace.
7. Level Cap - Other than the base level cap, the only Pserver with which I publicized on EPVP and RZ aka Dragon Nest VN which I called it, had a level cap of 100. It was a simple modification with a rather simple leveling curve increase past the basic limit. I think having a high level cap can enrich the Server more and make for more room for custom additions which make servers fun.

PS: I have tons of experience with Vindictus as well, but sadly the game has no future.. It has very little pvp at best, and the KR devs have said before how they don't intend to focus on pvp that much. I suggest DN. It has a very good potential of being a great Private Server and money generator. It is a great game to make a Private Server out of.

Edit: I PMed you Lethal. Please reply and add what I asked you to. I would like to get started asap.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've done some research and found that DragonNest SEA's binary is completely unencrypted. This will make it relatively easy to detour the networking calls(send/recv) and figure out the packet encryption. I'll post back when I've made some progress on this.

So you will be considering in doing a Dragon Nest Emulator? ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back