Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

League of Legends Server EMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, there's lots of things better left untouched. You only create an emulator or run a private server if you believe there is room for improvement. But even if someone makes an Emulator for league of legends, we dont have the means or tools for custom content. All it would promote is piracy of skins, screwing riot out of money. There's no real extras that would be added, we can't make our own champs, we can't make our own skins (maybe) so what point is there in having an EMU. Free skins and runes? That's useless that just fucks over riot.

So yes, there are times its ok to say no. MAINLY when the EMU just promotes piracy. It's like when geohot created his jailbreak for the PS3 it was focused on running priated games, not allowing homebrew. Thus, i don't like Geohot he promotes piracy instead of being a homebrew activist.

you do make a good point, i only see an emu really be more useful for lan play. i actually wouldn't give a poop if the emu DIDN'T have runes enabled. i also agree with the whole piracy thing, League of Legends / Riot really did do a good job on there company/game and should be supported. There's only 2 games i play that i do put a little money into them, because i do support there company and want them to continue. It's also never a bad thing to have a copy of a game, since you never know what sort of un expected miss hap can happen.

Last edited:
TGN Studio's
Reaction score
Well I guess that's where opinions differ, Maybe Riot did make a good game. I personally never played it but a lot of my friends have and still do. And yes I admit they seem happy with it. But there are many reasons for people to create Emu's and or Private servers of games. Some stated here is the use of Lan party's education on a game you like to learn from. I can see the people here support riot games and that's good to support the games you love. But then you never know where this project could go or spawn into. This is just my opinion. Its no different for people who use leaked official binary's to run servers.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
No, there's lots of things better left untouched. You only create an emulator or run a private server if you believe there is room for improvement. But even if someone makes an Emulator for league of legends, we dont have the means or tools for custom content. All it would promote is piracy of skins, screwing riot out of money. There's no real extras that would be added, we can't make our own champs, we can't make our own skins (maybe) so what point is there in having an EMU. Free skins and runes? That's useless that just fucks over riot.

So yes, there are times its ok to say no. MAINLY when the EMU just promotes piracy. It's like when geohot created his jailbreak for the PS3 it was focused on running priated games, not allowing homebrew. Thus, i don't like Geohot he promotes piracy instead of being a homebrew activist.

actually all the champions etc are server sided hardly anything is on the client besides the models and the command to send skills to use to server

if you were to emulate league you would have to get all the champion information as well all there skills etc dmg etc..

there is plenty room for improvement for this game...terrible balancing etc.

Reaction score
actually all the champions etc are server sided hardly anything is on the client besides the models and the command to send skills to use to server

if you were to emulate league you would have to get all the champion information as well all there skills etc dmg etc..

there is plenty room for improvement for this game...terrible balancing etc.

The balancing in league is driven by the top tier players, incase you didn't know. Whatever the top tier players play and do really well with everyone else will do the same and then that champion gets the nerf stick. The balancing in this game is driven by the community meta so don't bash the balancing.. Sure we could tweak it to our likings with an Emu, but if Riot staff and top tier players cant get the balancing perfect (Constantly changing due to the meta game) how would we, a bunch of amateurs do it?

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The balancing in league is driven by the top tier players, incase you didn't know. Whatever the top tier players play and do really well with everyone else will do the same and then that champion gets the nerf stick. The balancing in this game is driven by the community meta so don't bash the balancing.. Sure we could tweak it to our likings with an Emu, but if Riot staff and top tier players cant get the balancing perfect (Constantly changing due to the meta game) how would we, a bunch of amateurs do it?

id have to say riot's balancing is quite unique, as much as it seems some characters are more op then others, it's more due to the items and combination of items/runes they use, also the skills. So...the balance of the game is pretty awesome. Pretty much any player can kill another no matter what the character you choose. If you can play your character well, and have a well thought out strategy anything is possible. ive won a few games, when my team had a disadvantage.

Reaction score
That's the general idea yep, but eventually the top tier players find a combo that counters a fair amount of other champions and change the meta game. That's when riot drops the nerf stick, or buff stick to bring others up or down. Like I said, the balancing of a game like league is impossible to do. So there's not even that reasoning for us to make an EMU know what I mean? It's a player driven balance system.

Pros:

LAN

Cons:

Piracy
Stability
Legality(Emulation is legal but copywritten material isn't)
Would cause riot to lock down security which would make them not allow third party mods like my jungle timers or python chat bots.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's the general idea yep, but eventually the top tier players find a combo that counters a fair amount of other champions and change the meta game. That's when riot drops the nerf stick, or buff stick to bring others up or down. Like I said, the balancing of a game like league is impossible to do. So there's not even that reasoning for us to make an EMU know what I mean? It's a player driven balance system.

Pros:

LAN

Cons:

Piracy
Stability
Legality(Emulation is legal but copywritten material isn't)
Would cause riot to lock down security which would make them not allow third party mods like my jungle timers or python chat bots.

your missing "less lag", as a pro. I noticed that a lot of the time, there's horrible lag and makes the game extremely annoying to play . piss's me off enough to just rage quit and not return for a couple month.

Reaction score
your missing "less lag", as a pro. I noticed that a lot of the time, there's horrible lag and makes the game extremely annoying to play . piss's me off enough to just rage quit and not return for a couple month.

You can't have a lag less server when it's a global game.

If the server is in EU the NA's will lag, and if the server is in NA the EU's will lag.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Dawson: I have a couple of questions to ask you:
1st. Do you play this game?
2nd. Do you have enough knowledge to make an emu for it?

regards, Sharp

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You can't have a lag less server when it's a global game.

If the server is in EU the NA's will lag, and if the server is in NA the EU's will lag.

i'm from NA and on NA, and yes if you own an emulator it's easy to have less lag. Since there's that many less people on it. Some days it's fine some days it's horrid lag. It's a pro to having the emulator made.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
isnt it possible to make the server for the hole world? (sorry im not realy good at this things and im not good at english to, and maybe i misunderstand...)

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i'm from NA and on NA, and yes if you own an emulator it's easy to have less lag. Since there's that many less people on it. Some days it's fine some days it's horrid lag. It's a pro to having the emulator made.

The lags are coming from your internet, because I have no lags.

Reaction score
What Improved said. I've never once had lag issues on league aside from when they were having server maintenance(Even then I spike to MAYBE 150 ping which is easily playable)

@ImSharp I do play this game a lot, I've played since beta and have quite a few OG accounts.

Mirage
Nagisa
Dawson

I just gave Strawberry away to PichuLily.

And yes I have the knowledge to make emulators I just refuse to help with LoL emulation.

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just found that a notorious game hacker (rolle3k) was possible working on a League Emu, you check this info here: https://github.com/rolle3k.

I tried to contact him, but apparently he quit hacking games.

regards, Sharp

IE it's a deadway and I don't think anyone is going to participate in making an emulator for LoL. Theres so many other games which would be good to emulate, but there is nothing a pserver would be doing better than LoL. EXP rate is fine, gameplay is balanced, and regular updates with stability.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Shepperd quit hacking games ages ago, and no one will make an LoL EMU as there is no reason to. sorry to break it to you buddy, but no one will make a pserver for you to pirate all the champs and skins on.

I don't think he quit. He opened the D3SE repository a couple months ago.

Anyways, maybe I will work on this thing someday, when I have time. The only reason being my own entertainment. It's just that I thought there was a reason to, and people would support the idea, but it seems that most people think its a bad idea.

regards, Sharp.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think he quit. He opened the D3SE repository a couple months ago.

Anyways, maybe I will work on this thing someday, when I have time. The only reason being my own entertainment. It's just that I thought there was a reason to, and people would support the idea, but it seems that most people think its a bad idea.

regards, Sharp.
u shouldnt forgot not everybody knows ragezone and i think, no i know that there are mutch more people who would like a LOL private server. so please go on with the emu :*:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back