Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mabinogi server emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
For some time I have been working on a Legacy Mabinogi server emulator written in NodeJS, now since I have some things working, (movies to be added later) I was wondering about your ideas.

Here is a spoiler video of the game.

As for the server
PJr0sUB - Mabinogi server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

cCY4XNw - Mabinogi server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums
Also if there are people who want to help in development please contact me directly ;)

So far the things that work:

- Multiple Servers
- Multiple channels
- Login to account
- Account creation
- Character creation
- Pet creation

What doesn't work:
- Too much to list

Planning:

For version 0.0.1 we will have a functioning login server, with very basic channel/ world functionality.

For version 0.0.2 we have basic functionality of NPCs, and mobs.

Further planning TBA.

Repo: https://github.com/JaspervRijbroek/aurora
Homepage: https://aurora-ps.eu
Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/aurora-community
Discord: https://discord.gg/xkt3q7w

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: Another Mabinogi server emulator

What kind of content is there? G20? for example?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

With the currently working code there isn't much more than in the videos and this code still is proof of concept ;)

Also the basic idea is not to copy the official generation/ story quests because of copyright. Also NPCs won't be copied because of that reason.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

Can you please include some screen shots if possible?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

This is possible, I will make some of the server running and some of the client itself. Hope I can make some tomorrow.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I have added some screenshots in the thread starter.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the success :), and I am aware of the Aura project, unfortunately after the last DMCA it has been awful quite on the forms, that is why I am picking up where they left.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Heads up:

Our new laucher will be coming soon,
still a few bugs and minor setbacks however they will be patched, here some screenshots.
Current issues:
- Launching the client (client not actually starting)
- Packaging the windows installer
LryKtMhm - Mabinogi server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums
wOA3xT3m - Mabinogi server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Another update for the time being, a lot has changed about package handling in the server, everything is based on events (more dynamic and just as JS actually is build).

Also we have gone back to the Legacy version, based on the leaked binaries on this site. (However this system is way faster)
And the repo is now open source at github: https://github.com/JaspervRijbroek/aurora

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What would you do if nexon did a DMCA on this project? in the coming years?[h=3][/h]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hmmm, the first thing is cry of course ;)
Second, perhaps start over with a private repo somewhere underground.

However the code is based on a very legacy project (the leaked server) and as long as I don't copy NPCs and quests literaly
as they are from Nexon (copyright etc) and don't accept any funds for the development I hope I will come a long way, hopefully.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First semi stable release is done, we will move on to version 0.0.2!

Version 0.0.2 will have the following points of work done:
- Basic server functionality will be rechecked.
- Response objects will have a broadcast function.
- Server will handle their own relation with artemis (messenger of the servers)
- Basic world functionality (mobs and npcs)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, 'Sup, i just passed by and i noticed both Aura being stopped on it's track by DMCA and this post, they did what they could and by seeing what you are doing, i think that their breakthroughs didn't went unnoticed, anyhow, i am recalling that the JP server could make a whole class for their server which was ported to the NA server, i was wondering if there are chances to have a program to create new talents for the game, also since the UBW event brought new skills (that are petty much just permanently locked at rank N) i've been wondering if there is a chance to have the players use them as unofficial skills, and unofficial talents.

Also, modifying some skills so they are not bound to one weapon (e.g.: Respirite being used regardless of knuckles, but with lesser effect due lack of knuckes, shadow bind not restricted to shurikens yet the binding time shortened for the same reason, etc.)

I know i'm talking as if your project is already done, but doing this once in a while could help to relax a little bit.

Anyways, it is nice that you are progressing, congrats dude, keep up the good work.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@TheOni, Thanks for your reply, anyway I haven't been able to get to the skills yet, this will still take some time before I am able to do them, however when they are done, you can basically do anything with it you like (as long as the clients supports it, also that is what my guts is saying for now ;)).

Next to that indeed I was involved in Aura at some point but unfortunately because of little time back then I had to back out.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Actually, now that you say that, i do recalling that the issue with Nexon that they have goes as far as if Nexon notices a PS that has their trace (being made with the tools they created) the ones working in AURA could get in some serious issues, which petty much explains why seems like you're working from the ground up.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Another update, this time there is version 0.0.3.

- A basic implementation of NPC shops has been done, and you can only sell items (you get nothing in return as yet).
- Also Tir Chonaill properties have been added so you have more world interaction possible.
- You can now drop and pickup dropped items.
- Invertory handling has been improved.

And a lot of technical updates.

Also this is a call to people who like JavaScript, like to learn JavaScript or people who want to contribute.
If you like to make your contribution you can give me an issue on github, than I can add you to the Skype group.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Another update, this time there is version 0.0.3.

- A basic implementation of NPC shops has been done, and you can only sell items (you get nothing in return as yet).
- Also Tir Chonaill properties have been added so you have more world interaction possible.
- You can now drop and pickup dropped items.
- Invertory handling has been improved.

And a lot of technical updates.

Also this is a call to people who like JavaScript, like to learn JavaScript or people who want to contribute.
If you like to make your contribution you can give me an issue on github, than I can add you to the Skype group.
You may want to do Discord instead of Skype as it allows better organization and pinning of important messages, as well as roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back