Mabinogi server emulator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mabinogi server emulator

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    It wasn't smart to use your real name in the first place.

Maybe leave the project and someone else (wink wink) can pick it up.

He's using a private Git repo that isn't on Github now.

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    9,191Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdeptGamer View Post
    He's using a private Git repo that isn't on Github now.
    Yeah but his real name is still tied to the development so its quite easy to actually sue him...
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Yeah but his real name is still tied to the development so its quite easy to actually sue him...
    Emulation itself is not illegal in the United States or where he is located; they can still DMCA but taking it to legal proceedings is much more difficult, especially now that it is not public.

The DMCA was potentially regarding the network protocol, giving them a more specific scope for the DMCA. The problem is without a US/EU patent (and it's unlikely they could patent it as it isn't anything legitimately new) they do not have much legal standing.

All in all, it's the normal Nexon strong arm tactic, and it's easy to protect yourself against.

MemberRank
    Feb 2017 Join Date
    20Posts

Just some small comments here ;)

I haven't got any notice from Nexon (or GitHub for that matter) on what was infringing copyright but my best guess is the network protocol,
    because the rest was normal design pattern stuff found in almost every application.

Next to that I tied my own name to it in the hopes they had some decency to contact me directly, unfortunately this didn't happen.

But the "official" answer still being I stopped development ;)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement