Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mabinogi server emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@AdeptGamer thanks for the mention, I have indeed checked out discord before, however back then it wasn't what it is today.
I have added a link to the TS. for the people to join.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just released version 0.0.5 this adds a basic API with bearer token authentications
and a cli to add accounts and api tokens.

next to some bug fixes.

However a small update, soon I will be going on vacation so in the upcoming month not a lot will happen,
sorry in advance for this, I will make up with a nice update after my vacation ;)

MTFiCA2l - Mabinogi server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

CPgIon4l - Mabinogi server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Another update on the project, the launcher is now released, soon a new version will come with minor bug-fixes.
In the mean time the website has gotten a makeover and a completely updated system.

A lot of work will now be done on the API of the server and the website.
If the API has been updated a new version will be released.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Shout out to any php or javascript developers if you are interested in supporting this project, please contact me.

Currently we are working on an electron app for the launcher,
nodejs for the server itself and php for the wordpress site.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I hope this is not dead, i just remembered this topic as an afterthought, if you want you can ask for help on the chans, i'm certain that at least someone should be intrested.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@TheOni Don't worry, it is far from dead yet, development is going great, and a few weeks ago we released version 0.1.0.
Soon 0.2.0 is to be released ;)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Keep going ! it is nice idea for node.js. This can port to linux platform.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@raymondtang indeed, this server should work on linux, mac and windows without any issues (if configured correctly). Also it is lot more light than the official (leaked) server.

Just now a new version of the launcher was released. This version of the launcher has been set on version 2.0.0 because of internal changes.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As it seems we have also got a DCMA from nexon korea.

Still unsure what I will do now, maybe continue maybe not.
The server was created to learn, learning I did but I still enjoy
programming for this server.

I will post something as soon as I know more.

Reaction score
As it seems we have also got a DCMA from nexon korea.

Still unsure what I will do now, maybe continue maybe not.
The server was created to learn, learning I did but I still enjoy
programming for this server.

I will post something as soon as I know more.

It wasn't smart to use your real name in the first place.

Maybe leave the project and someone else (wink wink) can pick it up.

:p:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah but his real name is still tied to the development so its quite easy to actually sue him...
Emulation itself is not illegal in the United States or where he is located; they can still DMCA but taking it to legal proceedings is much more difficult, especially now that it is not public.

The DMCA was potentially regarding the network protocol, giving them a more specific scope for the DMCA. The problem is without a US/EU patent (and it's unlikely they could patent it as it isn't anything legitimately new) they do not have much legal standing.

All in all, it's the normal Nexon strong arm tactic, and it's easy to protect yourself against.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just some small comments here ;)

I haven't got any notice from Nexon (or GitHub for that matter) on what was infringing copyright but my best guess is the network protocol,
because the rest was normal design pattern stuff found in almost every application.

Next to that I tied my own name to it in the hopes they had some decency to contact me directly, unfortunately this didn't happen.

But the "official" answer still being I stopped development ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back