Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
XiH1S - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums

As soon as I find out whether the people I want to credit want their names public I will share them openly. Untill then >:3

pics or it didn't happen:
qDS0As - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums
0c0dXs - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums
YU224s - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums
zthsbs - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums
CMvuns - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums

nJi4hs - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums
1PrZys - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums

This is an educational project. I do not intend to redistribute any Intellectual Property of wildshadow/kabam. This is just a fun venture into reverse engineering, or something. I do not and will not allow this to in any way harm the current state of of the official game, or to detour their members from the official servers, aka: This will by no means be a replacement for official gameplay!

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I'm not going to derail this entire topic on who I am or where I came from, I will explain that somewhere else more appropriate

Currently, I'm developing a realm of the mad god server based on knowledge obtained from other existing projects along with previous experiences in socket programming, and the client/server model. Currently it exists in two parts:

Account Server
World Server
Altered Client
Most of you may or may not be familiar with this structure so I'll elaborate on it more:

Account Server

This is responsible for serving the crossdomain.xml flash policy to the client, as well as receiving http get and post requests from the client. Currently this just passes the crossdomain.xml policy and responds to the post request /char/list. Further down the road it will be integrated with the python application I am creating for this purpose.

World Server

This is responsible for handling the separate instances for maps along with their current entities(object/drops/monsters/players/etc)
There's already a well established understanding of this within the forums discovered by other people during the process of reverse engineering, writing a proxy for the client, or perhaps an attempt at the beginning of server development. I can only speculate. Right now this exists in java, and c#. Will posssibly be implemented in python.

Modified Client

I've disassembled the AS3 byte code and altered the destination of these requests to be redirected to my development box. Eventually it may be possible to store this in a configuration file that the client will load. This communicates with my Account server to read the character list for the client. I suppose it either gets the GUID and password from the steam client or from the information entered within the flash client hosted on their website.

This is only the beginning but there's already existing knowledge established throughout the existing forums and it's always better to work together to achieve something like this (I'm a huge supporter of open source software). The possibilities are only limited by the combined power of our imaginations and it leaves me drooling at my keyboard -- New items, classes, monsters, new monster AI, extended AI, altered game logic ( ex: death drops soulbound bags of equipment X number of times before perma). All kinds of ideas come to my head but I don't want to get ahead of myself yet.

I will also be continuously updating this thread to reorganize and restructure information as well as use it to keep track of important information regarding this entire process, however for now this is my terrible attempt to come up with something decent on the fly.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
good luck, will this project be open source?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
good luck, will this project be open source?
if all goes well hopefully, at the moment no.

Json maps are now serializable/deserializable, if anyone's interested :p
Code:
{
	"data":"eNpjYGBgBAAABQAC",
	"dict":[
		{
			"ground":"Bright Grass"
		},
		{
			"regions":[
				{
					"id":"Realm Portals"
				}
			],
			"objs":[
				{
					"id":"Abyss of Demons Portal"
				}
			],
			"ground":"Bright Grass 2"
		}
	],
	"width":2,
	"height":1
}

I've objectified the whole map into a class WorldData:
Code:
private String data;
private List<WorldDataObject> dict;

private int width;
private int height;

WorldDataObject:
Code:
private List<java.util.Map<String,String>> objs;
private List<java.util.Map<String,String>> regions;
private String ground;
google gson for java rocks!

maps are now serializing/deserializing correctly. Tomorrow objects/regions will be in.
mapser - Oryx Hates Emulation - Realm of the Mad God server development - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i am triyng to figure this out can u help me i wanna help D; also looking on how to read pearl

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
awesome! I can't wait, are you gonna release a download link to make our own server? Please do! I just want to solo oryx with an admin sword and thats all! Please release soon!!!!

Btw, I coded my own auto trader you guys should check it out, its on this section page 2 I think

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any updates?? By the way, Just got my first White Bag on RoTMG, I got a Doom Bow, I was in Undead Lair (UDL) :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Egh, i want you to release it pleaseeee now!!!!! PLEASE!!!1 I RLY DONT ARE IF IT DONT OWRK, I WANTTT ITTTTTT LOLOLOLOL

Back