Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Reviving GodsWar (Gw.IGG) Private Server !!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
[Official] GodsWar Online -Bright Dawn - (Private Server Development Discussion)

elmasmalo1 - Reviving GodsWar (Gw.IGG) Private Server !!! - RaGEZONE Forums

The project is Officially Called now:
GWO - Bright Dawn

My name is Joel, I'm the offical project administrator as you may or may not know, I just wanted to shout out that the project is moving Open-Source, we are leaving the project in the hands of the community, I have acquired most of the experience managing this project already and so far, I have understood one thing, if we all would like to see some serious progress, is better to change game plans, and probably let other people learn the code behind it and further develop it, as in the end, that's what we all GWO Players wants right!?

So without further a due, I'm giving you out the premises of where to get the source, we are working under GitHub, and you can find it here:

All the current work is done by CarlosX previous Head Developer of the project, but since he had to go along his personal life and I understood that, we decided to set the project Open-Source, so we have more space available for people like you that wants to help us.

If you currently have more programmer friends over the internet/forums etc, etc, I encourage you to talk with them and join forces in this project! Hope the project itself gets the attention it needs now.

Again thanks for choosing being part of us!
0x90 / AxDSan / elmasmalo1
Project Founder

So hello everyone, i would like to give a little introduce about myself, im a bit shy sometimes but now im starting to shake off that shyness :) lol and start doing what i have to do if not someone would never do this again(maybe), so going STRAIGHT to the point, i would like to start a Development Team about the GodsWar server files and cilent together, like KillerStefan and maybe some others did in past year(s) so im talking to them and maybe new people that will like to join to, im in High School yet, but im in 12 grade and so to finish off high it is like 29 days left so, UNIVERSITY HERE i go! lol so, my main objective here is to study Computer Scince which will take like 5-6-7 years of my life in that time i wil study whole bunch of programming languages and much more, so in the mean while i would like to open like i said before a new Development Team for GodsWar private server, why i wanted to do this? to revive what these people "left" beihind, to revive what is the private server terms, to make IGG sufers for having such low exp (sometimes) -ppl that plays GW knows what im talking about, lol- and well and the main eye on this is to give players a new way to play GodsWar, giving them the freedom to play more cooler, to play the way they wanted to, to play a real cool GW private server, and of course of all, to enjoy what we love so much a GOOD Private Server, so wanna give me a hand now? join me here ask whatever, do whatever, but i need a hand on this, don't let this fall of the ground again, cuz we'll (i enter myself into the situation too cuz im a player and want to get out of the rhythm of IGG) get depressed lol, as for me i'll just start doing this, for my knowledge i know not much about C++ or any other language but i know base terms and i have friends which they are/was too studying C++ and well, maybe we can -unite- our knowledge and make finally the server and client, FORGET about MU Online! , FORGET about WoW! FORGET about Tibia, FORGET about Gunz, FORGET about Ragnarok, and lets give a shot to GODSWAR online! JOIN ME IN THIS Hard-Be job and from now on i'll be on this work, just imagine, THINK!, people entering the server we made, our work we made, our effort we did, all those things are really appreciated

**Development Team**

*** Right now all spots for the described down here are all AVAILABLE of course cuz im just starting this now***

The development team will brake into parts:

1 Administrators-(both admins will maybe applies to Game administration and website-forum administration)
a.Head Administrator-Will be in head of everything - will administrate the mayor things in the server terms
b.Main Administrator-Will give maintenance and will take care of main/mayor problems in game (almost like a GM but with more powers)

2 Game Masters (GMs)
a.Main GM - like Main Admin but in Game GM - will make events and will take care of happiness of players :eek:tt1:
b.Game Master -Beta- This Game Masters are going to be tested in-game before they are given the title GM.

Game Masters:
-Nickname: GWSlayer
-Nickname: Baothai
-Nickname: Vergil

Beta Game Masters:
- Nickname: ?

3 Server files workers
a. developers, beta testers, maintenance of server files

-Usernames: elmasmalo1 | CarlosX

4 client workers
a.will develope client (maybe*) and maintenance too

-Usernames: ElMasMalo1|Dragoon|AxDSan

5 DataBase workers
a. Database-they are the people that will make the main brain of the whole thing here, they will make the database, and maintenance of them too.

6 Website developers
a. Developers
1a. Website Admins
A - Usernames:
1A - Usernames: -Usernames: FiestaZero

This is good as far and so on...

suggest, write, give more ideas, do, make, compose, lol remember this is for you guys and for all of us, and for the players that like me want this to be a Mission Successful :thumbup1:

maybe* = CUZ i have some knowledge in reverse engineer and mayyyyyybe i could help in reversing some things on the client, or maybe that will be no need cuz they make the client alrdy lol! and the only thing we will have to do is to add the other things like items or whatever.

i dont wanna be a party maker but, if we would need a name there's a open space for it too :tongue: hmmm so what will it be called? i left it to you guys and we'll discuss it here later on

THANK FOR EVERYTHING!! and thanks again ahahahaha remember! the new era for GodsWar is finally HERE!!!:scared::scared::scared:

*Mega Edit*
New Positions AVAILABLE!
This means that there are new vacants as well!! =D

Position to fill in:
- Packet Sniffer: Currently, Only Me...

Stay Tuned for more :>

=-=-=-=-EDIT=-=-=-=-

Guys from time to time I will be editing this main thread so you know and stay updated. but from now on, to leave RaGEZONE alone, and will not keep bumping this old threads for that I made an Official Dev Zone for the Server im working on..

Is located here
gwemudevzone

Thanks for joining and for anyone who visit me =D ENJOY!

** Mega Edit #2 **

I have been working on the login server structure and this is what I have analyzed so far... I NEED PEOPLE To help on this project! Let's keep this alive! don't let it down!

GWPackets_Login--WorldServersDisplay--CharacterDisplay
--------------------------------------------------------------
This Guided Picture will help you understand better how the Character Creation Packet Works :D

This Packet was Analyzed using dTrantra's GodsWar Packet Logger, which you can find attached in this thread: Godswar Packet Logger It's Finally HERE!

The Example above teach us, that we are creating a character with the following data:

- Name: Name [4E 61 6D 65]
- Polis (Home Town): Sparta [00], [00]
- Class: Champion [01]
- Zodiac: Aries [00]
- Hairstyle & Color: Please watch the guided picture.

Having this in mind we can now start coding our basic structure that handles the data of the received packet from the client!

Video Guide:

# == Emulator (Private Server -Pre-Phase- ) Official Progress == #

#- Version(PreDev)... Done with Login Server.
#- Added MySQL Database support with 100% Account Login.
#- Added World Server Display, Still working on it, since it's buggy.

=======================================

# == TODO == #

#- Start Working on Game Server (Manages: Players, World Data, Forge, Quests, etc, etc. Data Overall)
#- Reverse Engineer, Data & More Data:grr:... <- The Most Tedious Process of All!
#- Add Database Tables (Player, Level, Gold, Silver, B-Gold, Banned, GM, etc, etc.)
#- More Updates! Stay Tuned

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
good luck i love godswar hope you accomplish something

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the mention but I never really worked with the GodsWar files, I just grabbed the stuff and gave it to the people here.
I have to no time to work on it anyway since I'm busy with Tales Runner and after that I'm gonna work on Upshift and I still got my own projects non-related to pservers also so yeah.
Maybe after that if you really can't get a team I might be able to do a few things but at the moment I can't, I'm sorry.

Kind regards,

KillerStefan

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hell, I'm interested. I have some background in a range of programing languages and I could use a project for the summer. Feel free to drop me a line if you still need people.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i will work solo, maybe a new font of money :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I'm interested with this one. is this project still up? i am a programmer in a company and would like to be part of this one as i am amazed by this game itself :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Project is in hold for a while, I'm already in college taking computer science bachelor im entering my 2nd year now. more updates coming up next

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
When would the PS release? I wanna apply for GM

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
When would the PS release? I wanna apply for GM

The server status is in "pampers" so much I shall arrange it as 0.1% of progress, since the server doesn't even have Team yet neither developers team, Since you want to apply for GM, I will put you into the Beta Game Masters Title, in the meanwhile we create the server files etc, etc, and so on... I'm really putting effort to my courses in the College and I hope to take a bit of assembly as well, and Database management, I'm going to take Visual Basic and C++ courses as well so I think that will help me, but remember guys this is all said in LONG TERM, This is going to take a while since the original post I made it a while back in the 2010 you can imagine how long this job will be. But i'm glad people still interested in this, as well I haven't leave this behind so, Thanks for applying for GM :D

Keep in touch for you see all coming updates.

Currently in the list: Focus myself into my courses in the college and then start working applying what I learned into the GodsWar development.

So this is going straight up :D I will never back down! :D

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I love your idea but is this still on-going or dead? Maybe it was DEAD! I can't even decompile/extract .jcs, .gwo and .map files so its impossible to modfy or develop a new content for the game but I'll wait for your release

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
o.o

You can help others how to make a pserver in godswar, why don't you make a guide? else your pride is B.A.D!

Don't keep everything secrets! All of us here in RaGEZONE seeks for every solutions and if they found one they release it to public...

I wish you understand this man...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
REVIGING!! Guys believe me I haven't forgot about you guys.. I'm really really want to do something already, I'm going good in my courses and I'm taking introduction for computer science already, I knowww hard to keep updated most of you have been waiting since the start of I made this project, plus has been working around with ASM =D!! YAAAAY! So yeah... expect more to come by ahead, but since I am the one and the only :> (*Song flashback :>*) expect this to not be so easy for me..

I want to start coding soon for the some knowledge I have on programming I will stick with built already source.. and I will reverse the client and keep logging the addresses were it communicates with the server..

But as far, overall the project is still ALIVE!! :> I haven't gone or yet forgot about you all, hope to receive the same feedback from you guys when I start digging for good with this thing :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
***New Positions Available***
Check main thread please at the end of it =D

Please guys I really need to encourage people to work with me, GW has a nice community and I feel like administrating it for the time that I begin developing this, Soon I will make my project forum and redirect all traffic from here to there and with permission of RageZone move the community of people wanting to help me to my place =D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
BUMP - New Information available - Official Emu Dev-Zone has been developed for the community!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello elmaslalo1, i will be applying as a Game Master once i can Private Message you on RaGeZONE

If you would like, you can respond to this message if I would just post my application for Game Master

Thanks,
GWSlayer

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello elmaslalo1, i will be applying as a Game Master once i can Private Message you on RaGeZONE

If you would like, you can respond to this message if I would just post my application for Game Master

Thanks,
GWSlayer

Yes man!! every single position are still available! Join me, actually you can fill in an Application Report -Curriculum Vitae Style- form in the official project page here: http://gwemudevzone.wordpress.com/ When you are in the website click in the navigation bar: "Join The Team"

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes man!! every single position are still available! Join me, actually you can fill in an Application Report -Curriculum Vitae Style- form in the official project page here: gwemudevzone When you are in the website click in the navigation bar: "Join The Team"
Thanks elmaslalo1,

Kindly check my application for Game Master. thanks

Back