Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[SBOL] 首都高バトルOnline (Shutoko Battle Online) Server development

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I took the game data out of the old hard disk.

SBClient version is 2.1.0.0

Is it necessary data?

Thanks for the client. I'm sad to see they never added anymore cars. They've added 2 new packet types 0x1500 and 0x1600 and some have additional sub types. And they changed some structures so currently can't login with it. So will be starting again with this client. At least there isn't an even later one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay so made a start on patching the client (looks like they added more bugs that cause crashing for instance attempting to login with when a server is unavailable causes the client to instantly close so I'll fix that). I still think there may be the client version 2.08.00 out there some where.

So the client has some slight changes to logging in. It now has time attack data with 2.3.0 (which is the client I'm using now) and some other data which I need to look into. Any who as you can see most of the code I've made appears to work just fine with this client.

Screenshot 2018-07-24 00.17.54 - [SBOL] 首都高バトルOnline (Shutoko Battle Online) Server development - RaGEZONE Forums

The game looks a little better also (I haven't bothered to add my repositioning code just yet)
Screenshot 2018-07-24 00.32.54 - [SBOL] 首都高バトルOnline (Shutoko Battle Online) Server development - RaGEZONE Forums

I wasn't going to bother trying to write in code from ASM their variation of Blowfish. I had written code to replace their functions to load an unprotected file (which I would protect later on) but spent time on it today and managed to have working code that decrypts and encrypts the H/S/P.Dat files. The Menu files appear to use similar encryption just a different preparation for the key and like the H file the key is probably in the file itself. I probably wont disclose too much on how it works and reserve the info for anyone that wants to run a SBOL server. (although I suck with encryption and I managed to reverse the code just fine so wouldn't be hard for anyone experienced)

I'll be creating editors for the H/S/P.dat files I've made a start on the structures so luckily the later client hasn't delayed the project too much.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I took another look at the MIA texture files and their structure is pretty simple:

Code:
0x0000: Short - Texture Count
0x0002: Short - ???? always appears to be 1
0x0004: Pointer Table for Textures. One for every texture

Texture Structure:
0x0000: Int - ???? maybe id or MIPMAP detail
0x0004: String (32bytes) Texture name
0x0028: Int - Format (always appears to be 0x04000000)
0x002C: Short - Texture Width
0x002E: Short - Texture Height
Pixel Entries:
Structure is 5 Bytes for each entry (number of entries calculated from Pointer table values / 5
    Pixel Structure:
    0x00: Number of Pixels + 1
    0x01: Blue
    0x02: Green
    0x03: Red
    0x04: Alpha
So I made a quick program to load the data and the image loaded as expected:
Screenshot 2018-08-04 22.29.32 - [SBOL] 首都高バトルOnline (Shutoko Battle Online) Server development - RaGEZONE Forums
I'll probably get around to making a proper utility while supports importing textures at some point.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Been a while since I checked this thread. Glad to see progress is still being made.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Superb effort. I'm working on a similar game server and file converters/packers for Drift City. Let me know if you need an extra hand with anything in particular.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just an update to say I haven't forgotten about this project. I stopped working on the project in October 2018 as I had other projects but have picked it up again and have been testing spawning NPC and bot players hopefully I'll have something where people can join and drive around with each other soon.

Here's a demo of the account creation and car selection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY4Fkc1C8Qw

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now implemented the shops, courses (lobbies) and clients joining courses. A quick early video of that is here:
Now I'm hosting a pre-alpha server for the TXR community to try out. Battle code isn't implemented but you can choose a car, talk and drive around with others players. Modify the car and such.
tofuman - [SBOL] 首都高バトルOnline (Shutoko Battle Online) Server development - RaGEZONE Forums

Back