Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Shattered Galaxy Emulator open source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Previous thread:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/development-shattered-galaxy-private-server-523885/

tinkle asked me to look on this one so I wanted to give a little push to this server development and I have coded a little server in Go (sorry that's not C# ><).

Anyway, encryption/decryption is done and I can get to the main screen.
Source and picture is in the attachments,here's the localhost client.

Feel free to rewrite this in C# and continue the emu.
That's just a side project so I won't work on it a lot, I just hope someone will grab it and continue or post here packets and info and I will code it in.

Information about Go:
The Go Programming Language
Can be executed without any libs or frameworks and also cross-platform, I'am compiling the project using Eclipse
goclipse - Eclipse-based IDE for Google Go - Google Project Hosting

Rep:
sgemu - A Shattered Galaxy server emulator - Google Project Hosting

Tutorial:
Code:
Download mango [url=http://www.mongodb.org/downloads]Downloads - MongoDB[/url]
put in C:\Mongo.
Download last rev from repo or [url=http://code.google.com/p/sgemu/downloads/list]Downloads - sgemu - A Shattered Galaxy server emulator - Google Project Hosting[/url].
Run mangod from C:\Mongo\bin\mangod.exe using the args --dbpath C:\Mongo
so its C:\Mongo\bin\mangod.exe "--dbpath C:\Mongo".
Change host file (Windows\System32\drivers\etc) to 
127.0.0.1 sg0.kru.com 
127.0.0.1 bbs.sgalaxy.com.
Run main.exe from the server folder.
Run SG.exe.

Enjoy.

Notes:
I'm not the creator of SGLocalHost.exe.
This project is for educational purpose only and not for hosting/selling/etc therefore it should run on localhost only.
Development is slow.

Server commands(just type them in the console while the server is running):
exit - exits the console
cleardb - deletes all the users

edit host file to enter your server
127.0.0.1 sg0.kru.com
127.0.0.1 bbs.sgalaxy.com

ThreeSix - Shattered Galaxy Emulator open source - RaGEZONE Forums

ThreeSix - Shattered Galaxy Emulator open source - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Man I love you for doing work on this... it's not really a *single player* type game it requires people to play join it but duck yes finally something to come of it... it did have at one time aliens spawning/taking control of the map I don't know if you can work that into it or not but man it's a blessing to me to see this come to light~ thank you so very much... pm me your paypal I'll toss you some bones (money) :> :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Great to see someone using Go.

I'll try to contribute as soon as I get time t check out the game.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Man I love you for doing work on this... it's not really a *single player* type game it requires people to play join it but duck yes finally something to come of it... it did have at one time aliens spawning/taking control of the map I don't know if you can work that into it or not but man it's a blessing to me to see this come to light~ thank you so very much... pm me your paypal I'll toss you some bones (money) :> :thumbup1:

Sounds cool, I don't really know how its like in game but from what I can see this game is very flexible - I can change the text when your user name is taken and a lot more :p
So that's very good :]
Btw, add me to msn.

Great to see someone using Go.

I'll try to contribute as soon as I get time t check out the game.

Cool, I would like to see some help with Go I still didn't get used to it

Some updates:
I think there is something wrong with decryption/encryption will have to check that
OnRegister packet handle added (without db yet)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK~ I sent a lil something. I'll add you to MSN too although I really don't use it too much myself. Prefer IRC for chatting. I hope you'll continue this project. ^^;; as for the tools I mentioned earlier here's the decryptor that was released from the other guy that was working on this before.

SGPacketsDecryptor0.3.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

till next time o/

Awesome, thanks :D
I guess we can open some IRC channel.
Yeah that's where I got the decryption, It sometimes works and sometimes not, for example this packet

Code:
Input:
AA 00 2C 02 03 49 42 2F 04 04 39 4D 0E 4C 21 02 5A 04 1F 6B 19 12 49 2B 44 1B 17 4F 29 01 0D 5B 25 03 09 4C 1D 26 0C 19 48 3B 4C 7F 68 BD C9

Output:
02 04 24 54 68 69 73 20 6E 61 6D 65 20 69 73 20 75 73 65 64 20 62 79 20 61 6E 6F 74 6B 66 71 23 73 6F 62 7A 66 72 2E 00 00
$This name is used by anotkfq#sobzfr.

should be
This name is used by another player.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
WHOA, sorry now I have to change my pants.

Seriously though, if whoever is in charge currently with this project and needs more stuff let me know; I know nothing about programing or making servers but if someone is patient enough they can show me via MSN or something. I am paying for this game right now and can get packets or w/e is needed, though I have no idea how to go about directing the necessary information needed to complete this project I'll help any way I can. So yea, if anyone is still keeping an eye on this and needs more packets or whatever is needed just hit me up on my MSN (pjproffessor@hotmail.com). Just include a message like "SG Private Server" or something so I don't give it my suspicious eyes and reject it lol. I've been playing this game for a little under ten years and am pretty much obsessed with it. I want this project to be realized and completed and made awesome ASAP.

PS: Weekends work for me best, I still have some classes left during the week. At least until AUG 1st.

PLEASE PLEASE let me help, I'm sure the more the merrier?:blush::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Idk, do you guys still need packets or w/e that stuff is? Or anything else that needs to be done that would be finished faster with more people on it? I don't know anything, just holding my hand out to those who know what they're doing in case they need more people.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How do I collect packets? What do I need and how do I use them in conjunction with the game? And for how long?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can grab packet with every tool out there, once I will done with some personal stuff of mine I will release a tool to decrypt them or maybe some sniffer

To run the server just run the exe :]

Anyway, if you want to help and you are bored and don't wanna wait, grab WPEPro and start getting packets, just tell me what action you did to get them.
Also, if you run into a crash or something with the server post a log.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
games look kinda old lol but anyway GL guys on working on this RTS games. i hope someone would pick-up Hero Online emulation or incompleted server files to work on.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My first upload,

This is joining a battle, reinforcing, and some movement/attack.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My first upload,

This is joining a battle, reinforcing, and some movement/attack.

Cool but we don't need these packets now, we need create user packet and login packets, good job anyway :]

I grabbed some packets :)

:D, Added you to msn.

the application has failed to start because binkw32.dll was not found

need a program or something?

Is that happens when you run the game?
Did you download the whole game or just the localhost?

Anyway, I'am still little busy with some of my stuff, tomorrow I will work on it probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back