Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Shattered Galaxy Emulator open source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, I didn't give up.
As I said in the main post this is a side project and I'm pretty busy now, I may return to this soon - week or two.
Anyway, I really like Go and I prefer you will work on the currently source code and not code your own (its pain in the butt to convert it to C#)
Go also supports Linux and its great and easy, check it out before converting the whole project.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, I didn't give up.
As I said in the main post this is a side project and I'm pretty busy now, I may return to this soon - week or two.
Anyway, I really like Go and I prefer you will work on the currently source code and not code your own (its pain in the butt to convert it to C#)
Go also supports Linux and its great and easy, check it out before converting the whole project.

I DID check it out (not a lot though). It not "also supports Linux", it's almost the only thing it does. I mean IDE-wise there seems to be almost nothing on Windows... You use Eclipse, right?

Also, how about then we set up a source control. Like for example a sourceforge project?

I leave this to you since you "made" the GO project.

I will try some Go then.

EDIT: Jeez. First I need to install "Bazaar" to compile some of the launchpad stuff you included, then I need a BASH for it?

... This is way too much just for a programming language like this.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why don't you two talk on Skype or MSN or something? So you would be able to compile like, a work load and take the load off and share the work. It could also make it easier to learn and utilize GO in the most efficient way.

I wish I could program, but I'm stupid so that won't work out very well.

I'm sure you two or anyone else will be able to do well at this, as long as things are worked at together and with the least resistance or any miscommunication.:closedeyes::):

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I DID check it out (not a lot though). It not "also supports Linux", it's almost the only thing it does. I mean IDE-wise there seems to be almost nothing on Windows... You use Eclipse, right?

Also, how about then we set up a source control. Like for example a sourceforge project?

I leave this to you since you "made" the GO project.

I will try some Go then.

EDIT: Jeez. First I need to install "Bazaar" to compile some of the launchpad stuff you included, then I need a BASH for it?

... This is way too much just for a programming language like this.

Talk with me in IRC, irc.rizon.net #SGalaxy ports for SSL 9999 normal 6660-6669,7000
I will send you the compiled version of the library

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried GO already, way too many steps to install. Kind of discourages me from it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I tried GO already, way too many steps to install. Kind of discourages me from it.

Kind of awful, right? Well I got it now...

They should ship with a Bazaar client and a Bash... or just a make

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mind telling me how you installed GO? Lol I got hung up on their horrible installation instructions.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mind telling me how you installed GO? Lol I got hung up on their horrible installation instructions.

Aw man, I don't even remember that good..

I just chose the zip, extracted it in d:\eclipse\go (I have it below my Eclipse dev environment). Add go\bin to %PATH%,

set these environment variables:

GOARCH = 386
GOBIN = d:\eclipse\go\bin
GOOS = windows
GOPATH = d:\eclipse\go
GOROOT = d:\eclipse\go

GO should be working now... (compile a go file: 6g helloworld.go 6l helloworld.6)
About setting up goinstall... You have to download mingw and stuff... And put the bin folder of mingw, where bash.exe is, into the %PATH%. Then you have to install bazaar, the versioning system.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aw man, I don't even remember that good..

I just chose the zip, extracted it in d:\eclipse\go (I have it below my Eclipse dev environment). Add go\bin to %PATH%,

set these environment variables:

GOARCH = 386
GOBIN = d:\eclipse\go\bin
GOOS = windows
GOPATH = d:\eclipse\go
GOROOT = d:\eclipse\go

GO should be working now... (compile a go file: 6g helloworld.go 6l helloworld.6)
About setting up goinstall... You have to download mingw and stuff... And put the bin folder of mingw, where bash.exe is, into the %PATH%. Then you have to install bazaar, the versioning system.

Alright thanks, if it doesn't work i'll toss GO right out the window.:lol:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
+1 bring it back!

j.k I'm considering it as I just got some free time...

Cool, let me know if you need something from the game. That other guy is also interested in collaborating with you on it, so you won't be alone. This is actually the milestone and turning point for RTS games, before warcraft, starcraft, command and conquer etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
pushed some new changes (take a look in repo) and uploaded new emu exe, you can enter shop now and server saves player location

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
pushed some new changes (take a look in repo) and uploaded new emu exe, you can enter shop now and server saves player location

Alright. Are units in shop or do you have to add each one? Actually i'll go on msn.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright. Are units in shop or do you have to add each one? Actually i'll go on msn.

Yes we need to add them one by one, I added only two for example (look in the organic section)
they are added by name and not by id.
If someone wanna help just create a .txt file with all the unit names, I suppose there are some units that are not appearing in this shop so we will need them too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back