Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Spineworld Packetlog Captures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask me about Daoism
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello, /f857/

A couple of you may remember my release of the old 2007/08 Spineworld DCRs, CCTs, and other client files. At the time, a server was running @ Spineworld.me via ThuGie (MaouKami) 's generosity.

I decided to take permanent record of the files and packetlogs after he decided not to release the server, an understandable move.

Though we may never get the files from the lost generation (2009), we may yet be able to recapture at least some of the magic and create a thriving community.

The following captures were made:

• Login
  • Chat
  • Walking
  • Exiting and Entering Room
  • Use Elevator
  • Removing Friend
  • Buying and Selling Items
  • Changing Clothes
  • Changing Emoticons

They are in .pcapng format. You can open them with Wireshark.

IMPORTANT NOTE (READ!): Noticing a lot of background noise in each capture? I did these at school, where they have a lot of networking stuff set up. If you want to remove the noise, the simply filter them in Wireshark by doing "ip.addr == 151.236.11.110" in the box where it says "filter"

Download:
Download Packetlogs

DCRs, CCTs:
Download Client

Packet Info:

So, if you study the byte layout, it seems that the packets are split into 'chunks' divided by numerous null bytes (0x0). However, before the strings of data are given, the bytes in each chunk are counted and slapped at the beginning of each chunk. The value is in hexadecimal, so a chunk of 20 bytes will be 0x4C.

I'll try making SOMETHING to make use of the files. Not sure how far I'll get, though, or if it'll even be possible.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the release! Hopefully someone starts developing an opensource server for them! I have a rip of the website if you want to add that to your collection.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Wrong section. This probably fits MMORPG Development section and not Release since it doesn't contain the game itself, only packets. DNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back