Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Spiral Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Latelly I noticed my brother playing spiral knights and I liked the gameplay overall and tried it myself and I liked it even more. The game itself is coded in java and right now it's in open beta. It's developed by three rings and published by sega I think, or other way around.

Anyway, their jar files aren't packed or anything so I think it would be pretty easy to figure out encryption and most of game logic for server-side code.

If you feel like you might be interested please let me know.
So far I plan on figuring out more about encryption, more about how things there work and etc.

As far as programming language, I think we will stick to C# or java. If it's C# then it will be mono C#.

Anyway if you wish to help and learn please feel free to leave a message here.

Also I plan this to be a project for beginer-average coders to learn.
If you know less you will be doing smaller things, if more then obviously harder pieces of code

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol idiots, unpacked jar files, you should be able to get all the packet structs aswell. Making an emulator for this game would be a piece of cake, too bad im not into C# or java, or even that game

Yeah but I think they will do it once they release the game. But still.
Tho I am honestly impressed. Game looks really really nice with AA turned on.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the possibilties for hacks for this game are astronomical lol, well jM2.me, if you post what you discover (i.e. crpyto routines, packet structures, etc.) i can make a quick C++ sandbox and post it here

I found some shits. Gonna check tomorrow if I get day off or get off work early.
I just noticed the admin stuff lol xD Awesome :w00t:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Where are you seeing the tools and such ?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This game is 80% cash shop

You can only do like 5 missions a day if you don't buy energy
And most of the stuff to make items cost energy so if your making items most likely you just wasted your day playing for free

I did like it tho was fun

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This game is 80% cash shop

You can only do like 5 missions a day if you don't buy energy
And most of the stuff to make items cost energy so if your making items most likely you just wasted your day playing for free

I did like it tho was fun
Even more of a reason for development to start on it then, right?

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a really fun game, i still playing it. Do a run or 2 and buy some permanent energy. It's fully about community selling/trading/buying. I thought the energy system was completely stupid but if ppl had energy all the time, they could get everything done extremely fast and people would get bored easily.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The gameplay looks cool. Gonna download and test it when i get home. Also when you guys start coding this project, let me know. Maybe i can help with some stuff.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just had a look at these client files. Seems that their actual server code is inside of their .jar binary. In other means, you don't even have to code a server for this...

Namespace: com.threerings.crowd.server
You can start it from there as CrowdServer.java even has an entrypoint.

Code:
public static void main(String[] args) {
    runServer(new Module[] { new CrowdModule(), new PresentsServer.PresentsServerModule(CrowdServer.class) });
  }

Have fun? ~

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just had a look at these client files. Seems that their actual server code is inside of their .jar binary. In other means, you don't even have to code a server for this...

Namespace: com.threerings.crowd.server
You can start it from there as CrowdServer.java even has an entrypoint.

Code:
public static void main(String[] args) {
    runServer(new Module[] { new CrowdModule(), new PresentsServer.PresentsServerModule(CrowdServer.class) });
  }

Have fun? ~

Could you simplify this to laymans terms? :)

I'll host a server for everyone to play on if someone's willing to explain how to set it up. I have a fully dedicated host. (I work for a webhosting company.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Could you simplify this to laymans terms? :)

I'll host a server for everyone to play on if someone's willing to explain how to set it up. I have a fully dedicated host. (I work for a webhosting company.)

It means you might be able to run the server with command
Code:
java CrowdServer
or similar if there actually is all code included and you've extracted the jar.

There should be a way to change the jar's entry point too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back