Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Super Dancer Online [USA Version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,

Ive been working on an emulator for this game awhile now, but i am stuck at the part where you start a song. and i pretty much can not get further with my current knowledge.

The project is coded in C#

The login, lobby, rooms, buddylist, chat are working with a MySql database.

There needs still to be much done to make it flawless and perfekt.
But for me it is important gettin the main mechanisms of the game running, and the last one woud be Starting a song.

So if you can some C# and are good at understanding network packets that you coud help me figure it out i woud be very glad.

I have also a server where the server can run and the database is already present there.

Thanks for reading.
Any questions, feel free to ask.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
umm i want to ask this is the US version of Dance Groove Online? im really really looking forward to your progress, anyways good luck :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No i am talkin about the game "Super Dancer Online" (better known as "DANCE! Online") wich was published by Acclaim and created by 9you.

It is already closed, there are only versions of other countrys online, like China.

have a look:
http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/l4zjjgqg/NeueBitmap.jpg

It is a dance game, where u hit keys to the music in Stepmania style.
You get level ups and also points wich u can spend on clothes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks your answer, im still intrested in your project, good luck again :):

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I am very interested in this project.
But by doing this,i don't think much people will play since USA people used to that kind of mmorpg, from the view of it.
I can only see china/asian people/malaysia play this kind of game.

Yeah i'm super dancer online freak though i only play on my country version.
Since this is going to be a development,might as well look what i can do

P.S isn't that SDO-X malaysia client?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No this is the USA client, i saved it on my harddisk : D
But, the protocoll is very much alike, so if we pull of a Dance! Online server, it is as easy to modify it to support the malaysian client.
So add me on skype "nothilvien" so we can exchange informations!

And i know there is still a tiny fanbase for the USA client, i am also a freak and many friends of mine wish for a USA server to come back.

But i am having troubles finishing the server, so i really need any help i can.
I dont have any friends who even have close knowledge about c# so always working and solving issues on my own is pretty hard.

I am happy to see interest growing in it :3

Best wishes.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Hey,

I always loved DANCE! Online, when i planned to start playing the game again it was gone..
Is there still a europe/usa version online somewhere ?
Or a Super Dancer Online not sure if its just a diff name or a bit of a diff game.

Just at least want to play it on english/dutch :p.

Anyway if there is and i can play if there is no encryption i might be able to help with the packets.
Not C# though as i dont often use it. or even have it installed.

Edit:
Seems Your Page Title has english support on the site hoping the client has it also :).
And hoping its the same protocol you are using :).
Let me know if you can :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey,
i bypassed the encryption already, ive been workin on it for quite a while.
As i stated above i got most of the game running and working already with a mysql database.
just now i am at a point where i cant get further. this is when someone starts a song in the room. i dont understand those packets.

the main issue is that the orginal server is offline. so i sniff the SDO-X (malaysian) client & server communication. since its simply an updated version of Dance! Online. (Thus you see both clients runnin in my taskbar, SDO X for snifing packets & Dance for the game to test it on my server if it worked.

so i was able to figure out the login proces and channel system, and how to create rooms, the shop and everyhtink.
its only the issue that i can not start the song because i dont know waht the client expects.

another thing is, if we manage to unpack the client files and be able to repack we coud easyl add our own clothes for the shop etc.
also the data is very simple packed, but also my knowledge is to limitated.

if you want to join the project, add me on skype or somewhere u wish so we can discuss stuff.
so far i am still alone on this.
I will provide you with all informations then.

thanks for reading.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Hey,

I actually suck at encryptions.
But is there actually a encryption or where you just talking about the packet format?
Any hints about the encryption ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There is NO encryption. I disabled it.

The packet format is almost the same as in SDO-X

First two bytes are packet size, secound two bytes are packed id, the rest is game data.

I am sorry if i sound so confusing.

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
It doesnt sound confusing as i made more then once a private server for a game so :p.

But you disabled the encryption i asume you still use a encryption more like decryption for the packets you send/recieve to the offical server?
Installing the game now its patching..

Gone try and see if there is a actuall active encryption i might ask your help.
Anyway did you try to use the dance! online client on the offical server ?
Version etc wouldnt be correct but you could try to use a "bouncer/proxy" to modify data and get see how far you get as to how compatible it is with the offical server ;)

Edit:
Installed and indeed it seems to be using a encryption.
Could you perhaps release a application so i can log the packets ? :).
Btw i don't often use skype do you have msn or something ?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
See only the traffic from Client->Server is encrypted. But that doesnt matter, because if you dont send a key to the client it wont encrypt the packets, and i am able to view them when my own server recives them

The traffic you recive from the server (Server->Client) is not encrypted, so you always can see waht data the server sends you.

So basicly the encryption is nonsense, but it woud still be good to figure it out at some point so we can protect us against packets wich are not sended by the client.

I dont think the Dance! client can connect to the SDO-X server since they use different login methods and all in all its to much difference, and there is no need for it. because i have a server already working for the client.

i only use sdo-x to sniff the Server packets, i can identify them by the id.

See My Dance! client sends a packet to my server, i can see the packet id, 1000 for example. then i sniff sdo-x traffic and find the packet wich has the id 1001. (the answer id is awlays raised by 1) then i can see a un encrypted packet response from the server.
(The Sdo-x malay client packets are encrypted, but the server answer is not)
this response i will build into my server and modify it until it suits for the dance client.

thats how i do it.

You can start the client with a custom IP & Port via cmd:

"client.bin 127.0.0.1 2345 1 1"

--we coud also consider giving up on the Dance! Online client, and write a server for the SDO-X client, i wont mind, i figured most of the packets already and they are very commun.

But i belive the dance! Online client is more easy to develop, and we can learn by that and well be able to create a SDO-X client way easyer.

---MSN: nothilvien a t arrowgene.com

Last edited:
ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Ah i see,
Seems my packet scan was also screwing up so i wasnt able to see any server packets.
I just changed it lol.

Also i get it how your doing this.
I might try it out with a dual client system :).
Meaning i run the client twice but once i run using a "proxy" that filters out the key :).

By that i can just read the client data un encrypted.
But the down-side is i have to run the client twice + have to do the same stuff the offical client does.
So if i join a game i have to join it after that using the real client :p.
Not much problem but i will see :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
see i suck even more at encryption, i tryed to rebuild it already but no clue, yes im not sure it woud be great if u can add me or so, i can give u more help and all infos i have to get the stone rolling !! : D

it woud be great also if you coud teach me how your proxy method works. sounds interesting.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We setted up a wiki for packet documentation now,

and we also coud need someone who knows about packing and unpacking game files, so we can create custom clothes and maybe even songs for the game

the files seem pretty easy packet, but i can not manage to write an unpacker bymyself.
if you have some knowledge about this topic and want to help, i will provide you with all my informations and waht i tryed already.

Thanks

ThuGie.NL - Webmaster
Reaction score
Hey Nothilvien,

I'm still alive just a bit busy to get on skype just so you know :).
I'm more on msn even though not really active but if you wish you can pm me with your msn so i can add you ;).

And have more people joined the project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back