Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Tales Runner private server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm interesed KillerStefan ..

My IGN was FunnYLoVeR on Talesrunner Gpotato..

That's my favorite game.

I Want to play private server! i wait u server.

Pls, post reply in this post if you server is Online.. PLEASE, or tell me for MP. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nooooooeees, i was really hoping for it to come out this christmas and so we can play on the time off from school...

well well, guess i cant really blame anyone, hope its up pretty soon anyways

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
School today ohmy gosh!!, weell, stefan just wanted to say keep up the good work, we are all wishing the best!! :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's been a while since anyone posted progress... getting worried :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM POSTING OFF-TOPIC AND THINGS ALONG THE LINES OF: "NICE", "COOL", "GOOD JOB" ETC!

ONLY QUESTIONS REGARDING DEVELOPMENT PLEASE!

*cough*

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late update.

Someone is going trough the PKG file format again and figured out some new things.
Once he can recreate it entirely, I see options but I can't guarantee success on short notice.
It's so frustrating that I work on this for so long and a lot of people tried to help out but always we run into a new problem.
I'm also in the process of building my private server network and it's hard to keep switches focus when there's also a lot of important school stuff going on.
You need to understand that I don't have all day anymore to work on this and that isn't really helping the situation either.

This is everything I can say right now.

Kind regards,

- Stefan

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I am working on this in my free time and I work nights, so I have to manage my time correctly. I am sorry I cannot get this done in a short time frame.

I am currently removing xtrap so I can fully debug the client. Without removing calls to xtrap the client doesn't load completely. Therefor, I have to remove the call to loadlibrary on the xtrap dll and all checks that have to do with xtrap. I have currently removed the loading of the xtrap dll and I am working on the checks. There seems to be a key and hash that's used for startup.

I will work a little more tonight, since I do not have to work.
I will try to keep you updated on my progress.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Update:
XTrap
* XTrap_L_Patch() - bypassed.
* XTrap_Start() - bypassed.
* XTrap_C_KeepAlive() - bypassed.

- XTrap completely bypassed.

Startup
- Outputs Startup Info Error : Game is launched from website launcher, sends startup info as cli parameters to client?

PKG File Format:
* Parsing method converted to C - 50%
* Uncompress method - zlib (custom .zip format, like MRS for GunZ)

Currently, I have came to a point where the next function that needs reversed makes calls to about 50 different local functions, this one will take some time. They had to make it somewhat difficult, right at the end.
I have to work tomorrow so I more than likely will not be able to work on it tonight. But who knows. I will try to keep you updated as best as I can.

@Tael - I'm a mofo'in ghost, homie.

Edit: I will also looking to bypassing website launcher and just running the exe locally. For learning purposes only, of course. :eek:tt1:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Has there been any luck with the .PKG parsing and running the executable locally?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you dont want to update us then stop doing this work
am starting to doubt about that PS
i think its just a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back