Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ALEmu - Open Source ArchLord Emulator

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I think it's time to announce this emulator publicly. I started this emulator in the summer of 2018, because at the time there was another person who had announced his emulator, but didn't release any of his research publicly, which he is entitled to, but I am not a fan of withholding research especially for dead games, so I wanted to build an emulator myself and make sure all my research was public, and so with the help of a small group of people who provided me various research materials, I was able to get started and make some progress. Things ended up going a little sour with them and I ended up stopping completely on the emulator.

Fast forward to the beginning of this year, I felt the itch to work on the emulator again. So I unpacked all my work I had done and got back to it. I ended up getting further with it, in that I got to the character list and was able to populate it with some dummy data and start the loading screen process of entering the world. It was at this time that I didn't like how the internals were, and I had made some discoveries related to the protocol. So I went on a journey to rewrite the packet internals. I've just mostly completed it and have been currently converting the old packet methods into the new methods but ran into some issues, which has caused me to want to take a short break from working on the emulator which is the reason why I decided that now is a good time to announce the emulator, and release the work I've done so far.

The emulator is FAR from complete, in it's current state it won't go to the server list yet, this is due to the client not liking the packet we send to it. So I am looking for any sort of assistance to help bring this emulator further. There is a discord also if you want more real time discussion about the emulator, or help in any way. I will not be linking it here for obvious reasons, but you can find the link to it within the repo.

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thanks,would it work with which client?
i currently have patched 2,5 client with some new features but the rest is buggy

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Updated the OP with the client I've been using, it's already setup to connect to 127.0.0.1

I think I still have the CD for the client from when it first launched. Would there be any value there? I could rip it and toss it on MEGA if you want. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely check this out. I had started working on a Path of Exile emulator but that game is so bonkers in terms of the mechanics I'd need to build out that I might put it on hold for awhile.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was just offering to upload the CD version because since it is so old it might be easier to look through, less encryption, etc. Sometimes it helps to compare different clients. No idea what episode came on the disk though.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I wish this would get more attention and this serverfiles brought to life.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Have another link for the client? may ca work together

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update on our progress. First with the release of the source code, I decided to rebrand the project from ALEmu to ArchLord:Reborn. This better serves the purpose of what the project will be now, such that we will support and maintain a public open source version of the client, and of course our own open source server software. As for where we are with the client, after testing lots of different ones, we were able to find one that works well with the code that we have. Currently there is a poll running on the discord, which you can find a link to on the github, to decide how we will proceed as a project and a community.

Here's a quick video showcasing the progress using the compiled client and the server software written originally as ALEmu.

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@cmb too bad that arse JustAC do not want to release his archlord episode 7 emu,he is cashing with it and probably we will never have it
but i wait,because i have good memories with Archlord,and now i have episode 3 emu and Archlord 2,its a great game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would like to know if there is anyone here who could make the connection between client and server (put on a dedicated server not on the same PC). No matter the file episode, I would be interested to know if anyone can help me do this.

You can find me on Discord: Cedry2k#6450

Back