Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Angels Online - Packet sniffer & decryptor

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This project is for educational and non-commercial purposes only. I don't promote any misuse of these tools to damage official servers.

When I was a kid, I spent most of my time playing Angels Online (Angels Love in Asia). Time passed by and game changed alot. Today, official servers aren't what they were in that time. Game is slowly lossing players. While developers still support the game, west world's publisher doesn't care anymore.
Motivated by those feels and with learning purposes, my end goal is to create a server emulator to play in a local network.

Because of that, I have developed two tools to allow to work on its network protocol. A packet sniffer to capture all tcp packets sent and received by the client, and a packet decryptor that process that capture and outputs decrypted and decompressed packets. Currently I am working on a python program to view and analyze packets.

You can download Packet sniffer, decryptor and analyzer from my github account.
Packet sniffer:
*Packet decryptor: Packet analyzer:
* Only works on NA client. Minimal changes are needed to support other regions.

While this is not the goal of this post, I want to announce that I am working with other people to reverse the network protocol. We have already reversed the main structure of packets/messages.
We are looking for people with programming knowledge capable of using their creativity to reverse the communication protocol. Anyone willing to help please contact me on PM.

Keep in mind this project is a hobby. Don't come expecting anything more than what you can give.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This project is for educational and non-commercial purposes only. I don't promote any misuse of these tools to damage official servers. When I was a kid, I spent most of my time playing Angels Online (Angels Love in Asia). Time passed by and game changed alot. Today, official servers aren't what they were in that time. Game is slowly lossing players. While developers still support the game, west world's publisher doesn't care anymore.Motivated by those feels and with learning purposes, my end goal is to create a server emulator to play in a local network.Because of that, I have developed two tools to allow to work on its network protocol. A packet sniffer to capture all tcp packets sent and received by the client, and a packet decryptor that process that capture and outputs decrypted and decompressed packets. You can download Packet sniffer and Packet decryptor from my github account. Packet sniffer: Packet decryptor: * Only works on NA client. Minimal changes are needed to support other regions.While this is not the goal of this post, I want to announce that I am working with other people to reverse the network protocol. We have already reversed the main structure of packets/messages. We are looking for people with programming knowledge capable of using their creativity to reverse the communication protocol. Anyone willing to help please contact me on PM.Keep in mind this project is a hobby. Don't come expecting anything more than what you can give.
Does it pay anything on completion, or is this more of a hobby request?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does it pay anything on completion, or is this more of a hobby request?
There is no money involved. I don't expect to create a developer team, nor be a leader, anything of that kind. I am mostly working on my own and expect to continue doing so, but anyone who want to play with this is invited.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Updated main post to add packet analyzer link.

I am working on a program to open and inspect captured traces. This program parses packets based on a description file, that you can change adding new definitions and regenerate. The end goal is to make easier the understanding of the interaction between client and server, and also make easier to reverse unknown messages.

Here is a video of how it works. Everything you see in the middle ("object tree") is parsed using the description file.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This project is for educational and non-commercial purposes only. I don't promote any misuse of these tools to damage official servers.

When I was a kid, I spent most of my time playing Angels Online (Angels Love in Asia). Time passed by and game changed alot. Today, official servers aren't what they were in that time. Game is slowly lossing players. While developers still support the game, west world's publisher doesn't care anymore.
Motivated by those feels and with learning purposes, my end goal is to create a server emulator to play in a local network.

Because of that, I have developed two tools to allow to work on its network protocol. A packet sniffer to capture all tcp packets sent and received by the client, and a packet decryptor that process that capture and outputs decrypted and decompressed packets. Currently I am working on a python program to view and analyze packets.

You can download Packet sniffer, decryptor and analyzer from my github account.
Packet sniffer:
*Packet decryptor: Packet analyzer:
* Only works on NA client. Minimal changes are needed to support other regions.

While this is not the goal of this post, I want to announce that I am working with other people to reverse the network protocol. We have already reversed the main structure of packets/messages.
We are looking for people with programming knowledge capable of using their creativity to reverse the communication protocol. Anyone willing to help please contact me on PM.

Keep in mind this project is a hobby. Don't come expecting anything more than what you can give.

[STRIKE]Hi, can you explain what to do exactly here (how to inject a dll to a .exe file), please.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]Is it possible to hook this dll to a different game and collect packets?[/STRIKE]

I was able to figure out ))) I changed directory >> wrote in cmd "cd <path to where everything is>" then wrote "injector sniffer.dll nameofexecutable.exe"

and it worked.

How I understood it doesn't matter what game, it will do sniffing for everything.

Let me know if I did it correctly.
Thank you

Screenshot_1 - Angels Online - Packet sniffer & decryptor - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey 7770988, yes, you are using it correctly. My bad for not specifying.

It is expected to work with programs that relies on windows winsock recv and send functions, I am not sure if there are some exceptions.

Keep in mind that the other two releases are target for this game and not other applications.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
nice to learn how game works, but in reality the official versions and private servers have people who use custom programs, ALO has farmers with their own bots, AO & the private ones have similar programs, a guy shows me a program for target everyone even invisible enemies and attack them with spells all auto no macro lol, you can put custom code in the client also, check game files it's easy to understand what is happening with the current version you are playing (alo, ao, privates). my friends wan't me to back, i won't, i learned a lot from some chinese friends, pico pal que lee.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How is that running? Interest in this project.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey! Just curious how this is going? I'm brand new to packet sniffing and am a very amateur coder. I had a really weird dream (for the second time...?) about getting server files for AO and starting up my own server, lol. If there is any possible way I can help, I would love to. Packet sniffing is still an art that is quite hard for me to understand, so I'm glad to learn along the way.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any progress? how are you doing?

I click on start, nothing happens, I couldn't inject, can anyone help?

Last edited:
Back