Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

City of Heroes

----
Reaction score
Well... nemerle is around for a while now and the S.E.G.S. project is not moved forward for a 4-6 years now.... but i hope this will be resurrected my long dream this project come live and will be playable!

thx for the share

link for the latest stable relase:

it is 0.5.0 not the 0.4.2 one...

Last edited:
----
Reaction score
Check this:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:c2e7e0aa72004594337d73ae6a305242e23d815f

and this:

----
Reaction score
C'mon guys you dont know how to use a magnet link? If u have a torrent client installed, only copy/paste the magnet: link into your browser... it will open the bittorrent or deluge or utorrent client for you...

Last edited:
Reaction score
C'mon guys you dont know how to use a magnet link? If u have a torrent client installed, only copy/paste the magnet: link into your browser... it will open the bittorrent or deluge or utorrent client for you...

no,i know how to dl the magnet link ,but i don't know why it can't be dl ,i use the magnet2torrent web to get torrent file,
but it also can't dl it.
thanks to master_unknown ,i like mega link,it can be dl very fast for me.

Flyer8472 i am sorry, i am failed. i use SEGSAdmin.exe to set all things and run (use dbtool to add a acconut:haoyu),
when i use haoyu to log in, the client give tips: can't connect Db server; how can i run db server??

so i use mysql to run it,i fix all db info in setting.cfg and use SEGSAdmin to run server side(it show me running) ,
but it is hard to add account in mysql db because the passw and salt can't be fix by myself.it can't be fix,why it??
i use this to add account ::
INSERT INTO `accounts` (`id`, `username`, `access_level`, `creation_date`,`passw`,`salt`) VALUES
(1, 'haoyu', 9, '2018-01-06 16:27:58','1234',''); passw is 1234 and salt is null

when i log in by haoyu under mysql db, client show me:
The login server is currently unavailable. please try again later or check the news at http://www.cityofheroes.com for more infomation.

----
Reaction score
Quicksetup guide:

1. Extract server to somewhere(Preferably NO fancy letters in the folder path: like spacebar, éáűőúüóö or cyrillic chinese and whatnot characters maggots! No program files folder either).
2. Install COX client, and type in your lan ip(NO 127.0.0.1 and NO localhost only numbers plays)
3. Add to your hosts file: [your IP] SEGS

for EXAMPLE:

192.168.1.3 SEGS

4. Start SEGSAdmin.exe,
Press theese buttons:
- Generate config file
- Create New databases(also you will need to create an admin account it will ask for it)
- Setup COH data files, give your client location
- Settings and logging, an in this dialog, change all IP to your LAN ip EXEPT, EXEEEEPT the database.
- Start Server.
- Start client with the icon on the desktop or with command line CoX.exe -project SEGS
for specific resolution: CoX.exe -project SEGS -fullscreen 1 -screen 1280 720
change the X an Y numbers(1280 and 720) to your monitor resolution
- Login, create character
- PROFIT!

NOTE: in current state, all you can do is just running around in the tutorial zone only, teleport, unstuck, chat with other players, and... thats it... the player update is very erm... sluggish-like. no missions, no leveling noting. yet.... But there is npc's, its a start, you cannot talk with them but they are there.

Also: You can put the -console parameter in to the bat command to view any debug information.

Last edited:
Back