Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Counter-Strike Online 2: server install tutorial Updated

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We need to compile the sources our own now since PhoenixLight isn't compiled and update his posts daily.

Yep, but i'm a beginner, and after reading the readme from the source, I found nothing about how to compile them, the instruction look to only be for compiled files... or something I missed?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After downloading the source code, go to a terminal instance, inside the source code's directory and:

npm install # installs the required dependencies
npm run build # builds the server
npm run start # starts the fresh server build

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After downloading the source code, go to a terminal instance, inside the source code's directory and:

npm install # installs the required dependencies
npm run build # builds the server
npm run start # starts the fresh server build

Thanks for helping

For what version you talking about, do that with 8.14 for exemple work well, but with 9.4 doesn't work at all... lots of error for each service/server

EDIT: I just try with Ubuntu 18.4 and npm install tell me that my operating system is not compatible...

EDIT2: Ok, I make it work, I don't understad how and why, but it works! I just want to know if it's normal that I can play a game (I can only be spectator) and if it's normal too if the shop is empty?

EDIT3: I have to reboot my computer and the server don't work anymore, only 2 services works instead of 3 but I don't know which one don't start anymore (the one that connect to mangodb I guess). If someone have a clue about why, I listening! Thanks!

EDIT4: (well, that a lot of edit) I found that I have to launch another server that use mangodb to make this server works... but unable to play a game and all inventory is empty, maybe it's linked? - I tryed to make a fresh install of mangodb, same result, I can create a game, but I can't play and all inventory and shop are empty!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for helping

For what version you talking about, do that with 8.14 for exemple work well, but with 9.4 doesn't work at all... lots of error for each service/server

EDIT: I just try with Ubuntu 18.4 and npm install tell me that my operating system is not compatible...

EDIT2: Ok, I make it work, I don't understad how and why, but it works! I just want to know if it's normal that I can play a game (I can only be spectator) and if it's normal too if the shop is empty?

EDIT3: I have to reboot my computer and the server don't work anymore, only 2 services works instead of 3 but I don't know which one don't start anymore (the one that connect to mangodb I guess). If someone have a clue about why, I listening! Thanks!

EDIT4: (well, that a lot of edit) I found that I have to launch another server that use mangodb to make this server works... but unable to play a game and all inventory is empty, maybe it's linked? - I tryed to make a fresh install of mangodb, same result, I can create a game, but I can't play and all inventory and shop are empty!
Hmm, everything works fine for me, just download server and launcher from this thread OP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
in this freedom it is not possible to make a purchase through paypal since it has not been added yet

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is this server complete?Can it be used for multiplayer online?:ehh:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
PhoenixLight - Counter-Strike Online 2: server install tutorial Updated - RaGEZONE Forums
PhoenixLight - Counter-Strike Online 2: server install tutorial Updated - RaGEZONE Forums
I am trying to use english patch but when i started the game im getting this error anyone knows to how to fix ?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please Link for download Client English Language, MEGA Link quota exceed me , Thanks For Help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Using launcher.exe or start-cso2.bat, game loads but when i login i get "Couldn't connect to the server" message.
I've allowed it in firewall, port forwarded and setup the server though

is this thing still working?
i can't connect for some reason
the videos are unavailable so i can't check what's missing

do i need to edit user.js in C:\srv\dist\user?

@PhoenixLight server works but when i put login pass to login game crashes launcher.exe has stopped working
im using windows 10 pro n x64
hey, is this still working?

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
server working fine,is something with your ip probably also set the net adapter in the game server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
server working fine,is something with your ip probably also set the net adapter in the game server

what exactly do i edit
i mean tell me all the things i need to modify in the /srv directory

also weird thing i came across is that when i set ip number in the start-cso2.bat , i have to put a number before my ip adress
something like this:
if
echo Starting the game with "launcher.exe -masterip %192.168.0.102%"

the master server will be set to "92.168.0.102" when the game launched trough the cmd

so i made it echo Starting the game with "launcher.exe -masterip %0192.168.0.102%" instead so it starts with a 192

here's my contents of the start-cso2.bat if there's anything mispelled or missing:

REM ask the user which master server the client should connect to
REM this script should be temporary until a better solution is created @Echo off
echo cso2-launcher for Nexon's Counter-Strike Online 2
echo
.echo
Please enter the desired master server IP address
set /p ip=Master server's IP: 192.168.0.102
echo Starting the game with "launcher.exe -masterip %0192.168.0.102%"
launcher.exe -masterip %192.168.0.102%

also here's my node.js cmd feedback:
Your environment has been set up for using Node.js 11.15.0 (x64) and npm.

C:\Users\user>cd

c:/srvc:\srv>npm install --only=production
audited 187 packages in 1.124sfound 0 vulnerabilities
c:\srv>npm run start

> cso2-master-server@0.8.9 startc:\srv
> node dist/server.js

Using interface Wi-Fi (192.168.0.102)
holepunch listening at 192.168.0.102:30002
server is now started listening at 192.168.0.102:30001

here's the port forward:

Also there are 2 launchers:

(the 0.3.1 ones doesn't work)

I have the
Base game
The launcher
Node.js

am i missing anything?
If not, then what's wrong with my ip?

also how does the login work if you just type in random login, i know theres tutorial on how saving progress but could it also be the reason i can't connect

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
remove the % ...

COUNTER STRIKE 2\Bin\launcher.exe" -masterip 192.168.1.10 -enablecustom -lang english -decryptedfiles

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thank its working now.

edit:

also wanted to ask, is this client version patchable with newer versions?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I followed this tutorial exactly what it said but an error pops up and unable to login.Even I turned off the antivirus and reboot the server, It's still doesn't working.

Back