Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Darkeden server files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Managed to get the server running but the client will not run. Edited the client for Extreme and can log in as far as the 3 characters for the test login ID of 111111. When I go to actually log into game with one of the characters it just puts me back to my desktop. Help please?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Managed to get the server running but the client will not run. Edited the client for Extreme and can log in as far as the 3 characters for the test login ID of 111111. When I go to actually log into game with one of the characters it just puts me back to my desktop. Help please?
Are you connecting to subserver2, you have to do so.

I'm not sure it should just close though, people usually just get stuck.

@prozal1
Either you don't have enough space or your windows does not support files larger thans 2gb, I don't know if there is a fix for this problem. Sorry.

Later

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i need a little help now is this right? if not can you please Screen shot or tell me what goes where?
basher - Darkeden server files - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I downloaded the guide again, and i followed really all steps, but still this error comes.
I have no glue why :(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I tried both subservers. Both of them just shut me down and back out to the desktop.

Got it. Had been using the new Extreme client... went and tried with an old extreme client and that works. Now just need to figure out how to create accounts and such :) Am soooooo glad you posted these files for everyone!!!!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i need a little help now is this right? if not can you please Screen shot or tell me what goes where?
You've set the ports wrong, and there's one missing port: 9999 you have to add, set BOTH ports to the same number, so it'll appear like:
3306 192.168.5.10:3306

@Kevatril, use these commands:
login to your unix box and type exactly like this:
mysql -u root
use mysql;
insert into user (Host,User,Password) values ('localhost.localdomain','elcastle',PASSWORD('elca110'));
grant all on DARKEDEN.* to 'elcastle'@'localhost.localdomain';
grant all on USERINFO.* to 'elcastle'@'localhost.localdomain';
flush privileges;
quit;

Now you can try running the server again.

@woodnymph, Glad I could help, you can see how to make accounts in my basics.txt guide here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/darkeden-server-files-531810/index3.html#post4681064

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You've set the ports wrong, and there's one missing port: 9999 you have to add, set BOTH ports to the same number, so it'll appear like:
3306 192.168.5.10:3306

@Kevatril, use these commands:
login to your unix box and type exactly like this:
mysql -u root
use mysql;
insert into user (Host,User,Password) values ('localhost.localdomain','elcastle',PASSWORD('elca110'));
grant all on DARKEDEN.* to 'elcastle'@'localhost.localdomain';
grant all on USERINFO.* to 'elcastle'@'localhost.localdomain';
flush privileges;
quit;

Now you can try running the server again.

@woodnymph, Glad I could help, you can see how to make accounts in my basics.txt guide here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f111/darkeden-server-files-531810/index3.html#post4681064

Thank you so much!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

I succesfuly logged in on the server. There were 3 150+ chars on one acc and on the other 1 150+ vamp and some noob slay. When i logged on vamp i couldnt see him is it ghost mode? And when i try to move it it teleports to the end of map. Tha same is with noob slay it teleports me somewhere and i'm stuck. And how exacly i need to write create command?
*create @10 #10 $10 (10) [1] {10} or
*create 10 10 10 10 1 10 or what?

Also made new acc and new char but cant log in.

Why it sometimes disconnects me when i try log in on old chars? Shouldn't it be all smooth? ;p

Thx for help and BIG THX for files :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok so i got th server up and running 0 ERRORS. I try to connect to the client with ID:111111 PW:111111 and i just get Disconnected anything i could have done wrong?

Edit:
I Followed the new guide 100% Got the server working. I used al the same IP's and Ports as in the guide. I get the server running it says that infinity loop or w/e I try to log into tge client that come in in 4.RAR file and no go... I even copy and pasted the Server Info from the guide into the Server info file. Why do i disconnect whne i hit login?

INFO FILE I USED:
@Damnation
ServerName :Damnation
HomeDir : .
TempDir : Update
UpdateServerAddress :
UpdateServerPort : 3000
PatchInfoFile : PatchInfo.inf
MaxLoginServerAddress : 1
LoginServerAddress : 192.168.5.10 #This is your IP
LoginServerPortNum : 1
LoginServerPort : 9999
LoginServerCheckPort : 9800
LoginServerBasePort : 9900
@END

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok so i got th server up and running 0 ERRORS. I try to connect to the client with ID:111111 PW:111111 and i just get Disconnected anything i could have done wrong?

Edit:
I Followed the new guide 100% Got the server working. I used al the same IP's and Ports as in the guide. I get the server running it says that infinity loop or w/e I try to log into tge client that come in in 4.RAR file and no go... I even copy and pasted the Server Info from the guide into the Server info file. Why do i disconnect whne i hit login?

INFO FILE I USED:
@Damnation
ServerName :Damnation
HomeDir : .
TempDir : Update
UpdateServerAddress :http://1.darkcs.cn
UpdateServerPort : 3000
PatchInfoFile : PatchInfo.inf
MaxLoginServerAddress : 1
LoginServerAddress : 192.168.5.10 #This is your IP
LoginServerPortNum : 1
LoginServerPort : 9999
LoginServerCheckPort : 9800
LoginServerBasePort : 9900
@END

that means your client is wrong.

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sup guys, im back on this now. thanks shade for the new guides and stuff. I will get right on this :D
I will make a picture tut once I get it set up also.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
sup guys, im back on this now. thanks shade for the new guides and stuff. I will get right on this :D
I will make a picture tut once I get it set up also.

Cant wait for your pic tut im a picture learner lol

Edit:
Ok is this an Error or what is my server good?

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im right now at this part
Code:
Click on it and chose Subnet, enter a IP there. It needs to be a different network than your own.
Like, if your ip is 192.168.3.1, it could be 192.168.2.0, but never 192.168.3.0.
I've personally chosen 192.168.5.0, so let's stick with it to the end of this guide.
Leave the hostmask 255.255.255.0, and click OK.
I'm kinda stuck. So if my ip is 76.26.64.x I have to use 76.26.65.x or something?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
omg tshts what i did wrong lmfao i used ip from the guide am i to use my own?

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have no clue, Im stuck on my problem xD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
like i have the server running just when ever i try to log in i get DCed

Back