Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Darkeden server files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Dc when i type ID an dPW and hit login then DC I cannot sellect sub server yet...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, so got the server running and was able to login with old client from Extreme. After logging in once and shutting server down and adding new account the server will not start back up. The characters on the test accounts were all invisible as well, are they supposed to be invisible?
Setup the server twice and got it running, both times after logging in once with client and then shutting down server it would not start back up again. Any ideas on why it is getting corrupted after shutdown?

Retired
Reaction score
They should make a section for this game if people are actually developing releases and other things!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
great to see, soo many people suporting and helping each other on this, i dont normaly see this king of poop on other forums, i'm uploading the GMLY files to filefont, i forgot to add the de ex client, i'll fix that before i goto work tom and post the full english darkeden server files + client tommz

@bloodyshade, great work bro keep it up mate

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
all i need to know is if i use the IP Address taht is given in the guide or if i use my own?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I Dc when i type ID an dPW and hit login then DC I cannot sellect sub server yet...
Hmm, this is probably a problem with the IP or the network, just a small question, are you running windows vista?
You need to use the ip configured for the unix box, if you used 192.168.5.10, then that's what you must use.

@woodnymph
gm/god chars are invisible by default, it's called ghost mode, use *command ghost off to become visible.
I'm not sure why it is getting corrupted, are you shutting the server down correctly? To do so, it'll look like this:
./stop
shutdown -h now
Wait until the vm stops and the server.
Also, remember not to put more than 2000 in a stat, as this is the limit on the server itself, as least it used to be by default. Keep it at 1800 just to be sure.

@basher
Hey, that would be great guy! Actually what we need more is a translated AttrInfo table xD

Later guys.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im running on windows XP. I used the same IP as the guide and i copy and pasted the server info file... IDK what is wrong.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@woodnymph
gm/god chars are invisible by default, it's called ghost mode, use *command ghost off to become visible.
I'm not sure why it is getting corrupted, are you shutting the server down correctly? To do so, it'll look like this:
./stop
shutdown -h now
Wait until the vm stops and the server.
Also, remember not to put more than 2000 in a stat, as this is the limit on the server itself, as least it used to be by default. Keep it at 1800 just to be sure.

Later guys.

bloodyshade I was just shutting down the server with
./stop
and then created an account following the guide you supplied for this, and then tried to restart the server. What is the
shutdown -h now
Am I supposed to have the server running to add accounts and such or have this shut down? Sorry for all the probably newbie questions. Am completely new to all of this.
Thanks!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
bloodyshade I was just shutting down the server with
./stop
and then created an account following the guide you supplied for this, and then tried to restart the server. What is the
shutdown -h now
Am I supposed to have the server running to add accounts and such or have this shut down? Sorry for all the probably newbie questions. Am completely new to all of this.
Thanks!

"shutdown -h now" means, shut the machine down now, you guys have to understand that vmware is a virtualization software, it's just like running a real unix machine, so you have to use it just like one :)
You can create accounts with the server running, no problem.

@Zamon
Remove the "#This is your ip" comment on the serverinfo.inf, I put it there just so you guys would know it.

Later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got my server up and running great!! Thank you for hel alot.

I have a few problems tho.

1. I get Dced like every 5 - 10 mins

2. How would i make it where my brotehr can join my server through a lan? We are hooked up to the same router.

thanks again!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got my server up and running great!! Thank you for hel alot.

I have a few problems tho.

1. I get Dced like every 5 - 10 mins

2. How would i make it where my brotehr can join my server through a lan? We are hooked up to the same router.

thanks again!

Not sure about the disconnection problem, how much memory do you have? This might be the problem.
There could be something wrong with the configuration as well, I wouldn't be able to tell :(

I think you can configure the router to forward the connections from his ip to the unix box's ip.
Like, connections coming to port 9999 are forwarded to 192.168.5.10:9999 or whatever is your configuration hehe.

Later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks ill try that out i have 1 gig of ram lol i thought that was the problem. Youve been a huge help thank you so much!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks ill try that out i have 1 gig of ram lol i thought that was the problem. Youve been a huge help thank you so much!
Not a problem Zamon.
The server is configured by default to use 732mb of ram, that's more than 70% of your actual amount of memory. Running the client with it will surely cause massive cpu usage and certainly use up all your memory, starting to eat swap space for memory space, that is probably the problem.
Unfortunately the server really needs at least that amount of memory to run properly :(

Hope you can get it to work correctly.

Later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think if i can run the game in a lower Res i would be a little better... How would i set the .bat file to rune in 800 by 600?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think if i can run the game in a lower Res i would be a little better... How would i set the .bat file to rune in 800 by 600?
Hmm, I don't remember that by head, you have to change the 0000000002/1 stuff.
But I can't recall what you need to put, I'll have to check what calls the common updater do to darkeden.exe to set it like that.

I'll try doing that when I get home. Sorry.

Later

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score
lol I cant get any farther on working on this T_T
I cant get the server up because I dont have enough physical memory. Sorry for getting everybody's hopes up about the picture guide.

I need a new computer T_T mine is 2 years old :p

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I figured it had something to do with them numbers.

If i figure it out ill post it here.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol I cant get any farther on working on this T_T
I cant get the server up because I dont have enough physical memory. Sorry for getting everybody's hopes up about the picture guide.

I need a new computer T_T mine is 2 years old :p
It's ok wesman, I'll create a pic guide when I get home, I'll delete everything I have here and start again, taking pics of it

@Zamon
Yeah, you just need to see what command line the updater uses to call darkeden.exe, you can use a program like process explorer xp for that. Which is the one I use, you just right click on the process (darkeden.exe) and go to properties, then take a look at the command line

Back