Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GodsWar Online] *.GWO & *.JCS Files [Models & More]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For those who doesn't know me I'm the author of these threads here:

# [Release] Godswar Packet Logger It's Finally HERE!
# [Development] Reviving GodsWar (Gw.IGG) Private Server !!!

As you can see I have been behind Godswar for a long time now so far, I have tried making a Private Server, this topic got fevered up a while back, when everyone (especially the GW community) wanted to have a Private Server, and people started doing 'something' those to mention, the guys @ devia.tk (which I don't know why they had quit), Anyways KillerStefan made the first baby steps on this great topic when he released some files he got. But anyways getting straight to my topic, well let's gets started.

First of all you will need all the tools described here:

- Knowlegde on what are really GWO & JCS Files
- a *.X file Decompresser (Included)
- a Mesh Viewer (Included)

---------------------------------------------------------

Let's start with the most essential one, WHAT THE HECK ARE GWO and JCS Files? Well to get this straight on, this file are not more than simple TGA and X files, but IGG or Joy Connect Studio or WHOEVER did the game client, changed their names, to what they are known (GWO, JCS) so the game client can handle them, Don't blame me, that's the way THEY did it :> Now TGA files are simply just an image format, if you want more stuff > < That's your place, now X files are DirectX Files >> << Anyways now you have some knowledge on this now we can continue...

Extra: (Why this? Keep reading...)

After all this reading you will be able to:

#1 Decompress any *.X file (if -the encryption- it's needed ) and open it in the Mesh Viewer
#2 How to open/view TGA/DDS files
#3 Gain overall knowledge xD

----------------------------------------------------------

First let's locate the files we are going to mess up with, Go to your GodsWar Client installation
elmasmalo1 - [GodsWar Online] *.GWO & *.JCS Files [Models & More] - RaGEZONE Forums

Now move onto the where are the data files.. You can see them all over the place, inside folder 'Ride', 'Pet', 'Map' but we will only focus into Monsters, just cuz I say so :junglejane: then locate death_male_001 GWO & JCS, again just cuz I say so...
elmasmalo1 - [GodsWar Online] *.GWO & *.JCS Files [Models & More] - RaGEZONE Forums

Copy them and place them in a back up folder, just to not mess with the original ones

Download the tools attached below and get ready, extract them all in the same folder where you made your backup, you will have something like this:

After that you can now change the files names
to: death_male_001.tga, from death_male_001.gwo
to: death_male_001.x, from death_male_001.jcs

Now open the X file in DX Viewer tool:

Now you will have this window:

Now you can do this for all the JCS files... now the TGA files can be opened in Photoshop, but for this one, This is no TGA file, other than it's a DDS, which is a file that contains the -image- information holding the colors, textures, drawing, whatever for this specific model... If you want to test this out, you can open it up in Photoshop (if you have it) or in any other TGA Viewer... You will see it will not work... Apart from that, you can change the file extention from TGA to DDS and you can now see it works!

I opened the DDS in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 and it worked:

So you will be saying this yourself... "Alright buddy, you teach me all this, but for what this is needed for!?"

Well just to get this point straight, You can now be able to edit, the game clients graphics, and be able to upload your own models and stuff like that so the game client instead of using the ones in default, to use yours... apart from many other things, like changing game client icons, rip them for sprites etc, etc. So if you need more information just shout out, I will be pleased to help you out of course if it's in my knowledge :D

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

ATTACHMENT: View attachment Tools.7z

Update > There is 1 part missing I will upload it later on... The decompression part of the X files... But I will do it later, so stay tuned.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@_@ if i can only help :/ didnt got much knowledge on comp. programming

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dont worry buddy you can always start studying this kind of stuff, and then build your way up, and putting your own knowledge on test, then keep developing your knowledge and you are good to go later on.

We all start from zero & Practice makes the master, make sure you find always something to keep your passion alive, and most important at all, dont let it down.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any link of server file..? i looking before, but no ide to set and work

Back