Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

La Tale Private Server Files: Everything you need to know

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, this contains everything I have found from the internet and discovered as well and I am giving away this information for free as well as files. I started working on a private server named "GeoTale" or "Geo La Tale" in the beginning of June 2016, but do to time and stronger motives I am departing from this La Tale private server community. There is also a private server named Magic La Tale which I would recommend not going on due to "reasons", but besides all that everything is here for everyone now and more :D

Requirements:
1. Windows 8.1 and below
2. Navicat or SSMS (SQL Server Managers)
4. Any La Tale Client (!!!>Season 1<!!!)
My Client Collection: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
5. or (Extracts .SPF files)
6. (Edits .LDT files)
7. (Hex Editor)
8. (Optional)
(This was made by me and a friend of mine also to make this work you need to drag .spf file into the bat files. Do not drag a folder)
9. or (New)

(Will most likely make more instructions in text later.)

#1 Setting up your Private Server:

Video:

Server Files and Functionality:
chzxsrv.exe: Runs database and has a account creating tool.
Start Servers.bat: starts all servers necessary to host (Make sure paths are accurate)
GS1.exe: Hosts channel servers for normal world, Indun, and PvP
IPFiltering.ini: Mange the white/black list and who has ability to use cheats/commands
Latale_ODBC.ini: Server executables use this to access database.

Activating Server and Decryption passwords with App:
Go into app, select first option in it's options and copy the ID from server and put it in.

Geordan9 - La Tale Private Server Files: Everything you need to know - RaGEZONE Forums

Geordan9 - La Tale Private Server Files: Everything you need to know - RaGEZONE Forums

#2 Customizing Server and Client:

Video:

Changing Server Tool "chzxsrv.exe" 's default port:
Go to offset 00162070 and 001622D0 or find it by with the string "2533"

Modify LaTale Client resolution and UI:
Search LaTaleClient.exe for the similar offset or search for similar sequence of bytes. Light blue is width and dark blue is height. It is currently 800x600. Edit to your preferences, but the UI will not be adjusted.

To manually edit the UI, you need to extract the BARY.SPF and go into DATA\INTERFACE\UI\(Any .XML need editing).
For example, UNDER_MENU.XML: (I am not teaching everything here, but the red text shows the size of object. Should be self explanatory)
<SUB_ATTR ATTR_BASE_PARENT="WIID_NULL" ATTR_BASE_CLASSID="" ATTR_BASE_INSTANCEID="1" ATTR_BASE_COOP_X="0" ATTR_BASE_COOP_Y="0" ATTR_BASE_OBJECT_SIZE_X="800" ATTR_BASE_OBJECT_SIZE_Y="29" ...

#3 Making your own tools:

Video:

Let me know anything that confuses you or you think may be important to add.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Release] La Tale Private Server Files: Everything you need to know

Nice tutorial hopefully this jumps the whole latale private server community.

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Lol who even plays this trash anymore?

i do so gtfo
now:
i have the old vm and sometimes randomly disconects,the chinese vm and client.does this thing work better than that?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

i do so gtfo
now:
i have the old vm and sometimes randomly disconects,the chinese vm and client.does this thing work better than that?

Yes, this works a lot better than VM method to set up the private server.

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score

Lol who even plays this trash anymore?

You sir have Zero class!
It doesn't matter whom plays or not plays. The Release and the Tutorial were done quite well.
You don't like the game, no need to be in the thread, that is the beauty of an entire forum of games.

Pompous turds now days!!!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

You sir have Zero class!
It doesn't matter whom plays or not plays. The Release and the Tutorial were done quite well.
You don't like the game, no need to be in the thread, that is the beauty of an entire forum of games.

Pompous turds now days!!!

Haha totally agreed with you DNC, I bet he wants my fixed for Vindictus 1.69 client haha. Anyway, good released.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

can korean client or korean language?

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score

ya,thats strange,my old vm and client are 900 and 1 gb each

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

can korean client or korean language?

Here are the Korean clients I have found:

(Might be Chinese. I don't speak or read either lagnuage so don't blame me > _ < )
(I originally found this at: )

Client has 4 parts and 5gb each? Wtf, the game is 20gb?

The "Client" you are talking about is my entire collection of clients for North American versions of La Tale and are also unpacked as well as packed so each client is essentially 2x their size.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yes, this works a lot better than VM method to set up the private server.

VM method is pretty simple. link. Plus worked fine with English client from back then. The tips are good, but I wouldn't claim this is more stable etc. Just easier to customize/manage if you don't know Chinese. Longer setup though.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Does this works on linux ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Doing great bud! Hope you release more. I will try to release the knowledge i know from running magic soon.

Staff member
Reaction score

Hi, this contains everything I have found from the internet and discovered as well and I am giving away this information for free as well as files. I started working on a private server named "GeoTale" or "Geo La Tale" in the beginning of June 2016, but do to time and stronger motives I am departing from this La Tale private server community. I also have grudge on the private server "Magic LaTale" by Zeref because they back stabbed me and stole my files in order to make theirs (Far after mine), but that shouldn't matter anymore because everything is here for everyone now and more :D

Requirements:
1. Windows 8.1 and below
2. Navicat or SSMS (SQL Server Managers)
4. Any La Tale Client (!!!>Season 1<!!!)
My Client Collection: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
5. or (Extracts .SPF files)
6. (Edits .LDT files)
7. (Hex Editor)
8. (Optional)
(This was made by me and a friend of mine)
9. or (New)

(Will most likely make more instructions in text later.)

#1 Setting up your Private Server:

Video:

Server Files and Functionality:
chzxsrv.exe: Runs database and has a account creating tool.
Start Servers.bat: starts all servers necessary to host (Make sure paths are accurate)
GS1.exe: Hosts channel servers for normal world, Indun, and PvP
IPFiltering.ini: Mange the white/black list and who has ability to use cheats/commands
Latale_ODBC.ini: Server executables use this to access database.

Activating Server and Decryption passwords with App:
Go into app, select first option in it's options and copy the ID from server and put it in.

Changing Server Tool "chzxsrv.exe" 's default port:
Go to offset 00162070 and 001622D0 or find it by with the string "2533"

#2 Customizing Server and Client:

Video:

Modify LaTale Client resolution and UI:
Search LaTaleClient.exe for the similar offset or search for similar sequence of bytes. Light blue is width and dark blue is height. It is currently 800x600. Edit to your preferences, but the UI will not be adjusted.

To manually edit the UI, you need to extract the BARY.SPF and go into DATA\INTERFACE\UI\(Any .XML need editing).
For example, UNDER_MENU.XML: (I am not teaching everything here, but the red text shows the size of object. Should be self explanatory)
<SUB_ATTR ATTR_BASE_PARENT="WIID_NULL" ATTR_BASE_CLASSID="" ATTR_BASE_INSTANCEID="1" ATTR_BASE_COOP_X="0" ATTR_BASE_COOP_Y="0" ATTR_BASE_OBJECT_SIZE_X="800" ATTR_BASE_OBJECT_SIZE_Y="29" ...

#3 Making your own tools:

Video:

Let me know anything that confuses you or you think may be important to add.

This has been extraordinarily well formatted keep up the good work with these shares and ignore all the negative opinions haha you know your doing good so keep it coming! +rep.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hi, this might be a silly question, but I have the server set-up and running and I can't seem to figure out how to launch the client to start playing. I hope someone will be able to help me with this, thank you.

The LaTaleClient and LaTaleLauncher exe's don't seem to launch the game.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi, this might be a silly question, but I have the server set-up and running and I can't seem to figure out how to launch the client to start playing. I hope someone will be able to help me with this, thank you.

The LaTaleClient and LaTaleLauncher exe's don't seem to launch the game.

For all LaTale clients, you can run the executable with arguments from a .bat file. For example,

start LaTaleClient.exe /Run:VHIGH /Windowed /LS:(IP address):10000 /LOCALE:JAPAN /PUBLISHER:GAMEPOT

This will launch the client with high graphics, windowed mode, Server IP, JAPAN localization, and GAMEPOT publisher. These are the most compatible to launching the client. Although once doing this you will most likely experience the client, after loading, redirect to the website and close. To avoid this you will need the localize.ldt file to be changed. You can use and put it in the location of all the other .SPF files. FREE.SPF contains the already modified localize.ldt file and overwrites the one located inside ROWID.SPF during load time. Now if for somereason you want to load season 2 or 3 clients you will need XignCode or GameGuard bypassers which I will not link directly but are contained in my collection of clients.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

For all LaTale clients, you can run the executable with arguments from a .bat file. For example,

start LaTaleClient.exe /Run:VHIGH /Windowed /LS:(IP address):10000 /LOCALE:JAPAN /PUBLISHER:GAMEPOT

This will launch the client with high graphics, windowed mode, Server IP, JAPAN localization, and GAMEPOT publisher. These are the most compatible to launching the client. Although once doing this you will most likely experience the client, after loading, redirect to the website and close. To avoid this you will need the localize.ldt file to be changed. You can use and put it in the location of all the other .SPF files. FREE.SPF contains the already modified localize.ldt file and overwrites the one located inside ROWID.SPF during load time. Now if for somereason you want to load season 2 or 3 clients you will need XignCode or GameGuard bypassers which I will not link directly but are contained in my collection of clients.

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. It seems as though i ran into another issue. After launching the start server bat, the GS1.exe starts and I get a pop-up stating that "GS1.exe has stopped working" and closes. How would i go about solving this? Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. It seems as though i ran into another issue. After launching the start server bat, the GS1.exe starts and I get a pop-up stating that "GS1.exe has stopped working" and closes. How would i go about solving this? Thank you very much for your help!

GS1.exe, as well as some of the other executables, run off resources. The resources they run off of are AJJIYA.SPF, JINSSAGA.SPF, and ROWID.SPF. Now these are not placed in the required location for GS1.exe to load so it crashes. Inside configure.ini (.\binn\configure.ini) you can change the "ResourceDir" to any location you like. To make it simple it is currently on (.\binn\resources\Packed\). If you go to that location, there will most likely be nothing there. Choose the .SPF files I stated above from any client you want and put it inside the "ResourceDir" location. Now I have an alternate folder named "Unpacked", if you want to run server off of unpacked resources. If you want to do that, you will need to have, instead of .SPF files, a "DATA" folder with all extracted contents in it located in the "Unpacked" folder. Now you can change the names of folder and everything to your liking, but make sure the configure.ini file matches them.

Last edited:
Back