Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

La Tale Private Server Files: Everything you need to know

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [Release] La Tale Private Server Files: Everything you need to know

You sir may just be my savior. If I were just specifically looking to play La Tale as a "offline single player" game, what would I have to do to go about doing so (Assuming there would be no need to set up a p-server)? I imagine setting up through local host or something of the sort?

I have no experience in this department so any information on how to do so would be well appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

You sir may just be my savior. If I were just specifically looking to play La Tale as a "offline single player" game, what would I have to do to go about doing so (Assuming there would be no need to set up a p-server)? I imagine setting up through local host or something of the sort?

I have no experience in this department so any information on how to do so would be well appreciated.

When it comes to playing the game in single player, you will need to follow, just about, all the instructions. You would have the server hosted on the local host (127.0.0.1), but you will need private server files in order for it to record your info and other forms of data in the database. There is, however, a single player emulator called , but does not have every function. Correct me if I am wrong. Also if you wanna play the game by yourself, I recommend learning how to edit the game so that you can make it more single player friendly due to many features requiring multiplayer.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

This is bloody awesome! I always Wanted to start up my own LaTale Server in the future.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Hi there!
First of all, thank you soooo much for making this post, I searched for years for something like this! I really appreciate it because I'm want to make a LatAm server (yes, i'm from Argentina, so excuse me if I don't speak english correctly)

but I'm having two problems:

I cant open the chzxsrv.exe file because this message pops up: "Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (SQL Registry Version Not Same As Server). Please uninstall then re-run setup to correct this problem." (wich I tried but it didn't work)

and my other problem is while trying to open GS1. After loading map and battle system I get this:

LataleGameServer_W1S101=======================================================================================================================[ServerInfo] [W1S101] IP:pORT=[127.0.0.1(127.0.0.1):10003] ComputerName=[8±] MsgQ=[X][LataleGameServer] [RELEASE] Build Time : Nov 9 2010 12:31:02ServerKey = [O] MSA_UDPPort=[10013]Version=[274.564] MaxClientCount=[500]Start DateTime=[2017/04/05 23:40:55]ResourceDir:.\binn\resources\Packed\ Multi Loading ElapsedTime : 0 sec=======================================================================================================================IEffect Information Loading.........DATA/LDT/GLOBAL_SYS.LDT : FAILED ! LoadGlobalSysLDT() ID 91, Value 841526024,ID 92, Value 841525688 ,ID 93, Value 841525992 Press any Key to continue....

When I press a key, GS1 closes (GS1.exe stopped working...)

Can you please help me? I just don't know what to do :(

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi there!
First of all, thank you soooo much for making this post, I searched for years for something like this! I really appreciate it because I'm want to make a LatAm server (yes, i'm from Argentina, so excuse me if I don't speak english correctly)

but I'm having two problems:

So, for your first issue, chzxsrv.exe has the "Your SQL Server installation is either corrupt..." either if you have installed a version of MSSQL server on your computer, which can result in the default SQL Server being changed and so on, which is affecting chzxsrv.exe's modification to the registry, or you just need to start the file as Administrator. Those are what I have experienced.

Your second problem has only one possible problem from what I can see. The GLOBAL_SYS.LDT file you used is most likely from a La Tale client in which the file was rewritten in a different way where some integers are strings and other way around. If you want to use that version of the GLOBAL_SYS.LDT file, then you need to go into it with a HEX editor and modify it to look similar to another GLOBAL_SYS.LDT file that works correctly. You could just use a different version of the GLOBAL_SYS.LDT, but that all depends if the other LDT files are compatible with the other version.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Few questions.

First: Why only windows 8.1 and under?

Second: Can this be done on a regular computer or would you recommend a mini server?

And third: Once you managed to set up LaTale season one up and running. How would one go about getting the other seasons?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Few questions.

First: Why only windows 8.1 and under?

Second: Can this be done on a regular computer or would you recommend a mini server?

And third: Once you managed to set up LaTale season one up and running. How would one go about getting the other seasons?

From what I have experienced and others have as well, windows 10's registry and other security measures get in the way of chzxsrv.exe's modification to it allowing it to take control as the default SQL server. For some reason windows 10 gets in its way and causes it not to work. If you manage to get it working congrats but as far as I know it don't seem to work.

Mini server would work. I've seen these files work on windows server 2000 and stuff if the mini server runs that. Gotta be windows OS. Never actually tried mini server personally so I wouldn't be able to say for sure.

You cannot get a season 2 or 3 La Tale server working with these files. The files are programmed specifically for season 1. For example, shikeisama had an issue with GLOBAL_SYS.LDT. This file was written slightly different from the other season 1 GLOBAL_SYS.LDT files and because of that the server crashed. If you use season 2 or 3 files, the server files will not know how they are written or if any new features were added. You could however make, what I like to call, a pseudo season 2 private server by adding season 2 stuff with the same structure as the season 1 stuff, but problem with this is that many features will not be able to work because of the lack of knowledge these server files are programmed with. You will either need to program your own server files or reverse engineer the files and build from there. Both option will take a really long time.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Thank You so much for latale server file. (I very very love latale >___<)
I would like to ask you a favour.
I can play latale by single player but I can't to play it for my friend.
I try to hamachi and fix IP in configure.ini file,I can login to game but I select channel server it disconnection.
I try to forward port but same as problem.
How to other way to fix it ? O___O
Thank you again for Latale.
>___<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Thank You so much for latale server file. (I very very love latale >___<)
I would like to ask you a favour.
I can play latale by single player but I can't to play it for my friend.
I try to hamachi and fix IP in configure.ini file,I can login to game but I select channel server it disconnection.
I try to forward port but same as problem.
How to other way to fix it ? O___O
Thank you again for Latale.
>___<

This could be many reasons. First, if you plan to use Hamachi, I will not help you with that. I would recommend port forwarding. Make sure the Login Server, Lobby Server, and any other Game Server you wish to have active, are forwarded. Also make sure you have no anti virus, firewall, or any form of protection that is blocking others from connecting to you through the server. Make sure your friend connects to your public IP and, if you are having connecting issues, for you to connect with either 127.0.0.1 (localhost), local IP address, and, if all else fails, your public IP.

If you are having this issue after trying all these then this problem could be because of your router not being able to loop back to the local host. This specific problem is only a problem for you, the host, and if this happens then you will need to host the server on a separate computer.

Based on what you said, I am unsure if the problem is occurring to you or your friend so I cannot specify what the problem is. Also since I am not there to be able to see all your configurations and other settings, I can't conclude a single solution.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

What is admin id password for database (sorry for my bad english. :) )Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

What is admin id password for database (sorry for my bad english. :) )Thank you

Check the "Latale_ODBC.ini" file in "binn" folder.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Thank you for answer.
I try to do it again. >_____<

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Can you tell me how to set up a GM account and how to access it within the game? I got everything to setting up the server and logging in just fine, but I can't figure out how to properly set up the GM account and anything related with the GM's capabilities. Any help would be appreciated.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings, I have questions1. how to configure the client and connect the ip publish2. are these files stable and working on a vps?3. what version of the client in English season 1 recommend

Can make a video how to configure the client and log in

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,thank you!
But,i have a question:i want to translate this game.What should I do?
And,my English is not very good...XD

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,thank you!
But,i have a question:i want to translate this game.What should I do?
And,my English is not very good...XD

Two possible options:

1. You can try this to edit the text. (Not 100% sure it will work)

2. Did you learn how to hex edit the LDT files? If so you can do it there.

With these two options, you can use any method of translating it with other translation tools and pasting the text using the two possible methods above.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the really easy to follow guide and all the resources.

One issue that has occurred for me, after everything running smoothly, I've logged in but there are no channels in the server to connect to. Maybe I missed a step, but thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the really easy to follow guide and all the resources.

One issue that has occurred for me, after everything running smoothly, I've logged in but there are no channels in the server to connect to. Maybe I missed a step, but thanks in advance.

Could be many things so I'll list a couple things you should check. You logging in shows that the LoginServer is working, but GameServer could have issues.

1. Try logging in with your Public, Local, or 127.0.0.1 IP addresses and see if any thing is different.

2. Check the server's database with Navicat or SQL Server Management Studio (or anything similar) to see the world list and check anything that could be wrong.

3. Make sure the configure.ini is configured correctly (Specifically GameServer_101/whatever it is)

4. The game server aka. GS1.exe takes care of a single channel of a specific world. Worlds are the "server" you are trying to connect to and then you will select the channel. Make sure, when launching GS1.exe, that it's arguments on launch are to your needs and match the specified channel number in configure.ini.

That's all I can think of. I have distanced myself from this stuff for awhile now so I'm pulling stuff from the back of my head.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Good job dude, Thank you for this tutorial, it really helps a lot.
BTW, how do you charge the cash point ?

Last edited:
Back