Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Lime Odyssey OBT English Client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found this on an old laptop yesterday and I know some people have been looking for a working download for Lime Odyssey. I don't have the CBT client, but this is the Aeria Games English OBT client from 2011. Hopefully it's useful in some way.

Download:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I believe you just single handedly changed this MMOs future like looking for old coins lost in the couch.... this has to be one of the best barn finds ever!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a server started with the client files unpacked? or something, or would someone need to build the files from scratch ? I unpacked the client but it's nothing like aura kingdom or whatever, was kinda expecting the files to be similar but totally different. x.x

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I definitely hope someone out there can do something amazing with this, I miss the game so much! Unfortunately, it's beyond my technical knowledge to do much with this.

Is it possible to get a server started with the client files unpacked? or something, or would someone need to build the files from scratch ? I unpacked the client but it's nothing like aura kingdom or whatever, was kinda expecting the files to be similar but totally different. x.x

Possibly? Crazier things have been done before. FYI while I do not know the existing command arguments for the client, you can run it without it throwing an error at launch by just amending anything after the game exe path with a bogus command line argument, for example, you can put this in the target field of a shortcut to the LimeGame.exe and the game opens right up to the login screen. Perhaps there are other command line arguments for things such as server ip or the like?

"C:\AeriaGames\LimeOdyssey\LimeOdyssey\LimeGame.exe" -test

Additionally, while there is an existing unpacker for the client, it doesn't seem to unpack the xmls.ref package. But, fortunately, it's a simple zip file renamed with a .ref extension. Literally, just unzip the xmls.ref file and you got every xml file for the game, including localization files. It's also just as simple to repack xmls.ref by selecting the "xmls" folder and "config.ini" and right-clicking, selecting send to>compressed zip, renaming the resulting "xmls.zip" to "xmls.ref", replace it in the ref folder, and voila.

iKunCA6 - Lime Odyssey OBT English Client - RaGEZONE Forums

I hope this helps anyone. I would love if anyone else could share their findings.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
you can use "localhost" as command line argument to bypass a few things.

server IP comes from a http request serverlist.xml or mabye rebuild the serverlist.xml in the xmls folder..

Think i got the decryption but not the encryption will post more once i can figure out where the connection comes from

Tools using:

tpcview (see when a connection is made)
Code:
[URL]https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/tcpview[/URL]
Simple server to make a tcp connection
Code:
https://ufile.io/miikt
Ghidra for reversing and decompile things
IDA Pro to debug and analyst .exe during run time

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh, wow! It's exciting to see something come of this. Maybe one day we'll get our own section, haha. Looks good! I hope you can figure it out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This needs more love by the day.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I never played this game but the Let's Play I just watched on YT implies the game is similar to a lot of the MMOs I loved from that era. I will also look into this. Got stuck building game instances in Path of Exile so I'd like a new target for a bit anyways lol.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is there any chance that somebody has a packet capture from _any_ of the clients (KR CBT3, EN OBT, unk/Daum 2013 client)? The KR CBT shipped with full debug symbols, which makes figuring out the actual packet structures super easy, but determining the actual order the client expects with 450+ packets is a bit difficult. I'm currently able to get the client in game, but I'm clearly missing an important initialization step as the client doesn't try to send position updates to the server. As such, I'd be really grateful if somebody had a packet capture from any version they could share.
c2Vlzin - Lime Odyssey OBT English Client - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So,

Just in case anyone is interested in developing Lime Odyssey, here are the Korean CBT 3 Debug Symbols that Ando stated were released with the setup. Unlike other games I'm familiar with, these symbols do not match too well with the US/English version, so have fun.

Symbols with Binary:
Complete CBT3 Setup (KR):

Also, I did check, the US Client is not protected, though it may contain AES or something along those lines, but as for being Virtualized, it's not. I didn't get that far looking into it in order to find everything.

Back