Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[(Mini)Release] Sacred 2 Gold dedicated Server

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

for the nostalgic ones of you, i release the dedicated server for Sacred 2 Gold Ice and Blood version 2.65.1 (18 oct 2009)
Its just the dedicated Server, which can run on Windows xp to windows 10 and on Linux and mac using wine or bootcamp.
For playing you need the client (the full Version of the game) which i cant share because its not free (buy it somewhere or google elamigos release). Im not sure but the steam version could work too.

For starting i made a batch. You can change parameters in there, its quite easy.
In client you need to start multiplayer -> lan and check the "Show all servers"-box in upper left corner.
To make your server public, you can use VPN software (Hamachi and Tuungle work too but they suck. Learn using openVPN you lazy ... :D: )

As its not a huge MMORPG but more a fun to have, its more a minirelease. Maybe someone can bypass the limit to 16 players anyhow, so we could maybe create a huge Server.

Have fun :):

Downloadlink:
Password: ragezone

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought this game was single player RPG so I didn't bother back in the old days. Great sharing and hope we are able to make it 16 players. That would be enough for everyone's fun.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I thought this game was single player RPG so I didn't bother back in the old days. Great sharing and hope we are able to make it 16 players. That would be enough for everyone's fun.

16 players already work fine using a VPN (so it thinks its lan instead of internet. Internetserver was closed loooong ago :D: )

Single player is campaign mode. If you change the 'free' in the batch to campaign, you can play campaign mode with up to 4 (or 6) players.

commandline switches:

-act_as_user - force server to act as helper server for an user and not as session hosting server

-autoshutdown=<num> - automatic gameserver shutdown in <num> seconds if no client has connected

-broadcastport=<num> - set broadcast UDP port to <num> (1024..32767) (server broadcast port must be the same as listening port of client!)

-connmode=<mode> - changes initial connection mode:

lan - LAN multiplayer mode (default)

opennet - opennet multiplayer mode (THIS IS CLOSED FOR A LONG TIME. SO ITS USELESS)

-cpu=<num> - bind gameserver process to the specified cpu

-diff=<difficulty> - set game difficulty:

bronze - bronze difficulty mode (default)
silver - silver difficulty mode
gold - gold difficulty mode
platin - platin difficulty mode
niob - niob difficulty mode

-exec=<filename> - set <filename> as main script file

-lobby=<lobby_address> - hostname or ip of lobby-server (THIS IS CLOSED FOR A LONG TIME. SO ITS USELESS)

-lobby_port=<num> - port of lobby-server (THIS IS CLOSED FOR A LONG TIME. SO ITS USELESS)

-lobby_name=<loginname> - lobby user name (THIS IS CLOSED FOR A LONG TIME. SO ITS USELESS)

-lobby_pwd=<password> - lobby password (THIS IS CLOSED FOR A LONG TIME. SO ITS USELESS)

-lobby_cdkey<keypool>=<key> - lobby keypool and cdkey (THIS IS CLOSED FOR A LONG TIME. SO ITS USELESS)

-lockconfig - configuration cannot be changed after gameserver has started

-log=<loglevel> - create logfile with one of these loglevel:

0 - no logfile (default)
1 - log critical messages only

-mode=<mode> - set game mode:

hardcore - hardcore mode
softcore - softcore mode (default)

-name=<name> - set server name

-description=<desc> - set server description

-nondedicated - start gameserver in nondedicated mode (launched from a sacred2 client)

-numplayers=<num> - set max. num of players in session (campaign=5 players, other modes=16 players)

-password=<password> - set a session password

-port=<num> - set fixed game TCP/IP port to <num> (1024..32767) or

-port=<num1>-<num2> - set game TCP/IP port range to <num1> to <num2> (1024..32767, <num2> must be greater/equal to <num1>)

-sessiontimer=<num> - set time limit for the session to <num> seconds (timer starts when first client is ingame)

-type=<gametype> - set game type:

campaign - campaign mode
free - free game mode
pvp - playerkiller mode

-presentation - start in presentation mode (I have no clue whats that about)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, thank you very much for your work!

It would be absolutely great if you could upload a video to YouTube building the server or just write here by steps how to do it with openvpn or hamachi, it would be great to help me a lot and safe for others, thank you very much again!

Back