Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moxiang (DarkStory) Server files and Video Guide

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello I was checking ragezone the other day and manage to find a darkstory server thread and for now I know it was closed down by moderator's because of the dead link so now I'm gonna help by uploading new link and give you some support about the server......

[You could skip this part if you want]
From what I read in the old thread, they have encounter many problem's like serverlist.msl ip changing tool didnt been supplied, actually the tool was right in the server files only they didnt know it....
If you ask me if this server files work im gonna say 100%, cause I am now the admin of J-mosiang and the files that I supply to you is the same as mine....Only a few thing is needed to config to become a nice or special server from the others ^^.

[IMPORTANT]

Tip's 1: This server is on chinese, I dont really know whats the different from chinese files to english cause i tried both and they are the same, if you wanna use english i think u have to config through your client autopatch and i dont know where to change it so dont ask me. (i hate putting . , ' so sorry if it's mess up):tongue:

Tip's 2: You'll need window server 2003 in order to make the GM Tool to work, and that my friend is the most important step that I left out a few month ago =.= , If you ask which version of server 2003, I would say that window server standard edition and Window server 2003 Enterprise Edition can be use....But for Window server 2003 web edition, I would not recommend that one...

Time to get serious:<:
Here's the link to all the files you'll need [If the link is too damn slow, You have to request it from other user who are downloading it at full speed to make a mirror.]:thumbup:
server files :
Click [ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/623054162a5f3b12/"]Here[/ame]

Video Guide
(Chinese Writing Same as the notepad provided in MHServerTWM1 achieve only this on in Chinese):
Click [ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/623048775298f494/"]Here[/ame]

Database (the database provide in the last old thread in ragezone was having pretty major error so I have one fixed and here it is) Used by me though ^^ [Almost forgot, i editted the starter pack..Pretty cool!]
Click [ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/62305659ffad0f64/"]Here[/ame]

For those who are naive and doesn't want to install two window or change, here's a virtual PC....
Click [ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/62306732b9131aba/"]Here[/ame]

You'll need the source files in order for you to host correctly, and i recommend that you put your source files in D:/MHServerDEVS/patch_ml_070206 Hard disc Drive(And i mean everything inside MHServerDEVS.rar....Hex edit the agentserver.exe and find [cc]header you'll know what i mean)

Source Files :
Click [ame="http://www.zshare.net/download/62307705823da4e7/"]Here[/ame]

Client Installer
:
Click

Basicly, You'll have to watch the video to guide you....BUT that video is not complete, it doesn't tell you how to edit the rate of the server and use of the GM Tools....

Here's the step that he didnt show to us!

Q: How to Edit the rates.
Ans: There's a file called droprate.bin in resource folder inside the server folder, edit it with your packingtool.exe It should look like this!
#EXP 100.0
#GETMONEY 600.0
#ITEM 350.0
#ABIL 10000.0
#SKILLEXP 300.0
The number After the Description is your rate change it as you like, if you didnt find this file dont hesitate to create one!

READ THIS BEFORE YOU PROCEED!

Q: How to use AutoPatch
Ans: I don't know how to use it yet, you'll have to figure that out!

Q: How to update my server files!
Ans: Easy, just copy everything inside your client resource folder and place it inside you server resource folder, overwrite everything and your good to go...(This server doesn't support TITAN version of the game)

Q: Why is it my RMTool is not updated.
Ans: Cause you have to update the resource folder inside the ms_data/rmtool resource folder, do it like you did in the above question!

Q: How to use my GMTOOL_MY_07032701.exe, what is it for?
Well for this server it's abit special, this client is actually for GM's as it contain alot of command like spawning and changing rate and event, All you have to do is use rmtool to change your account to GM and login your account into the game, when in the game press you Left ALT+ENTER. It will pop out a box asking you to type in Acc and pass, you place in the account that you use to active you Servertool and it will dissapear, dont worry press Left ALT+ENTER again and a box of command will appear!

Q: Cant login to my game!
Ans: You'll have to use Packingtool.exe to edit the serverlist.bin in you client folder's ini folder, there a file called serverlist.bin edit the ip to your server ip and dont change the port and what so ever, you could change the name and ip only.

Q: When login using my acount it says my client is outdated or wrong version.
Ans: You have to edit MHVerInfo.ver inside your client folder to TWCV07070901 , thats the version of your server and so must your client!

Q: GMTOOL_MY_07032701.exe cannot login!
Ans: there's a ip you need to change, hex edit it and search for 222 change the ip to your server ip!

This is all the procedure if i remember correctly, if something goes wrong dont hesitate to ask...I'm not a profesional in making a server but i'll help you in anyway i can!
Please post your question in this thread only, i wont respond any in my private message.!

Good Luck, God Speed!

Q: Is there a web for this game so i can have a registration page for player to register?
Ans: I'm afraid not, cause all the free link of web is dead and im not getting any web, so i hope someone here could help us on that!

CREDIT TO: LKK99 (If i miss out anyone let me know)
I dont think i should take credit as im not worthy! even though i fix many things...Cause i didnt make the server!

EDIT: Updated 5 august 2009
New thread for Shop Customize: http://forum.ragezone.com/f441/darkstory-item-mall-and-npc-shop-customize-594670/

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice One ^^
I will working on it till 100% work ^^
trying to convert from chinese vers to english ver

IF can please give link to ur server wan try ^^

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
We wont be opening for full time cause now still fixing some problem with hoster :p: ^^

Well here the web i made

if you need any help, let me know ^^

EDIT: I just found out that the guild storage cant be use because of the database uncomplete storage procedure, If you know how to fix it,maybe you could help and release it. :thumbup:

Current problem I've seeing as minor:
1. Guild plus time cant be use, no error was reported when it occur. It just close the game!
2. Guild storage cant be use, incomplete database.
3. Most monster wont drop item like stone's for grading weapons, but You just need to edit the MonsterDropitemlist.bin .
4. Droprate.bin is incomplete, it doesnt consist of restspeed rate and many more, i'll upload it for you (Done!)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yea, But the 35 map or more that you have now is not complete. if you complete the whole map section it's about 70+

so i recommend a high spec computer to host the game.

thats what i dont have :(:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yea, But the 35 map or more that you have now is not complete. if you complete the whole map section it's about 70+

so i recommend a high spec computer to host the game.

thats what i dont have :(:

so any idea to make 70 map processes in 1 process? Jokkey what is your's hotmail?:D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unfortunately, to make it into one single process we need some help from people who can read the source.
I dont know how to do that, but the server process is the same as luna and dragon raja process. So if these two server can run all maps in one, then darkstory story may still have hope for lagless...

And sorry, My com cant on MSN. Dunno why :blink: If you need help, ask here. I'll check it daily

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Unfortunately, to make it into one single process we need some help from people who can read the source.
I dont know how to do that, but the server process is the same as luna and dragon raja process. So if these two server can run all maps in one, then darkstory story may still have hope for lagless...

And sorry, My com cant on MSN. Dunno why :blink: If you need help, ask here. I'll check it daily

Someone release new source? view this link: :drool:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Someone release new source? view this link: :drool:

@Bornofnoob93
That is not a new source, that just the source file similary to the one i gave to you. Got see my post over there?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Jokkey
Ops Sorry i haven't download it before posted...:blushing:..You find out any idea for the map process??:blink:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@Jokkey
Ops Sorry i haven't download it before posted...:blushing:..You find out any idea for the map process??:blink:

At , the admin has seem to try to fix that problem too. Hope he come up with a solution. Until then, we'll have to wait, I'll help him along the way if i can.:D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
At , the admin has seem to try to fix that problem too. Hope he come up with a solution. Until then, we'll have to wait, I'll help him along the way if i can.:D:

Hope so....:w00t:...i am looking rpgproject forum..Saw you posted about Dark Story registration page. Are you going make it??:drool:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hope so....:w00t:...i am looking rpgproject forum..Saw you posted about Dark Story registration page. Are you going make it??:drool:

Unfortunately, i dont really have the knowledge of php and html :blush:
I cant make one, Sorry :/:

We need help from ragezoner, there are plenty of people here who knows how

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im sry, but my computer is not mediafire friendly.

I'll try to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Reaction score
Sir!! i thing in VDO guide not same server file, after i finish VDO and then i open server file folder that make me confuse.

1.Could you please make new VDO guide by your self and with you style , i thing that very good idea.

or

2. just Add me augusta-byron@hotmail.com and you train for me step by step after i have working Darkstory server i will make new VDO guide for other ppl

or

3. just remote to my server by use Teamviwer and show Example for me "how to make Ds server" after finish i will follow to make Good new VDO guild for all guy.

please sir! (Just Make new VDO guide only)

Thank you for your kind.

Reaction score
What something wrong ?

this is my server, i follow with VDO guide and can run server same in the picture.

jokkey - Moxiang (DarkStory) Server files and Video Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

my server IP 192.168.1.104

when i connect to server by client from another computer 192.168.1.1
i got this error.

i thing my setting ip and port for connect to server are not wrong.

Any one please help me , how to fix this problem.
Thank you for your kind.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What something wrong ?

this is my server, i follow with VDO guide and can run server same in the picture.

my server IP 192.168.1.104

when i connect to server by client from another computer 192.168.1.1
i got this error.

i thing my setting ip and port for connect to server are not wrong.

Any one please help me , how to fix this problem.
Thank you for your kind.

Actually, You didnt do anything wrong. as your server is all running without error.
the only thing you did wrong is your game port connect to the wrong one change your 16400 to 14400 .
The server is connected to 14400 so change it in your serverlist.bin in your game folder ini folder.

The VDO is not wrong, only that the file i give you is already putted together, its the same as the video. The only change thing is i fix the Database so thats the change.

Good Luck.
Do you mind give me your client link, i've been finding an english client (if you successfully played the game):thumbup:

:p:

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
dear Mantios,

Im using the client that i mention above or here's the link....

Back