Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MSN Messenger server emulator

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: [RELASE] MSN Messenger server emulator

i have it but its in spanish(idk if u could change language of the program)
pre cracked,just right click the icon after install and in compatibility check "run as windows 2000"

MSN 7.5.exe 9.0 MB(uploaded by me)

EE0f0F - MSN Messenger server emulator - RaGEZONE Forums

edit: theres a msglang.dll after installing i think u can edit exe and that to change language
edit2:i cant believe i had 670 friends ...now i barely have 100 on facebook :(

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thx :D I will check up on this thingy :D

Edit:

vv00t: it is not cracked it is still reminding me about update... so no this is not working... :\

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

for me works fine,try running it as admin with compatibility windows 2000 or an old nt
if not try in a virtual machine with windows server 2003

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It was here somewhere:

(No i dont know where exactly i dont find the direct link but it was in this site)

Wessman try adding the reg file too!, and try localhost and 127.0.0.1 . Somehow it dont want to connect to external ip-s... Also you can try 4.5, and 4.6 too... it all works for me too...(even 3.6) you filled the connection tab good btw... try edit and add the reg file... maybe that will solve it...
I tried adding the .reg file exactly as it was from the file. I didn't forget it. I've also tried both localhost and 127.0.0.1 on both the MSN client and the .reg file. I've even tried each and every MSN Client you included. It's weird.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I did tyed in compatibility.... and its just keep asking updates...

Wesman i dont know, it is working for me.

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I did tyed in compatibility.... and its just keep asking updates...

Wesman i dont know, it is working for me.

What does your .reg file and your MSN options look like? I just tried it on our VPS server and its giving me the same thing.

for me works fine,try running it as admin with compatibility windows 2000 or an old nt
if not try in a virtual machine with windows server 2003
Same with those compatibility options. Always running as Administrator.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

my msn 7.5 woks in xp and win 7 tested in 4 machines

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

my msn 7.5 woks in xp and win 7 tested in 4 machines

I wasnt able to install it on my laptop, couldnt read the error message lol.
I'll try it on the VPS later.

Yeah, it's the error saying I have a newer version on my computer. Skype could be conflicting.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Iceblade, thank you :D:D

edit: It is working but not fixes 8.5 beta or even 7.0 it says it is not compatible with it... :\

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

Seems very interesting, I'll take a look into it if I got some time :)

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Seems very interesting, I'll take a look into it if I got some time :)

That would be nice :D i would like if someone could make a more stable version of this :D or for a more modern client :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Yea, but bit buggy :D it needs coding but it works around 40-50% the rest is needs to be finished, but hey, source code included! :D

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@Flyer8472 i made it work on remote
but it doesnt send the messages,on the server window shows that messages are sent but dont display on the client window

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

OMG its almost two year old Necro thread :D :D

Nice one BTW; the thing is: that if this could work; one of my dreams could come true REAL msn private system XD What version? only 4.6?

Regarding not sending it... well dunno why; i am not took attention to this project for a long time now... never actually belived that this is possibble... or someone ever will attand to this

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

I & @LucasArts tried to take a look at it but it's not worth replicating the server files of MSN since it doesn't even have an encryption layer. You can better write your own chat system instead.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Well in fact i have XD(Looks very similar to msn exept plus features and it has 256bit encrypted data transfer) but not thats why i want this project...

Its just my dream project(well One of them anyways.) It is not the fact that is not complicated/secure, it is the memories i have from them XD(Ithink it is not my only thought, surely some people misses the old msn XD okok whatever... besides if someone uses, for example LAN not so vulnerable XD since it is lan/or smaller friends community like in my example; thru VPN (10-20 peoples)),

However; i have the files if i can i will do it on my own(I will figure it out) XD its just the fact i want the original msn again and be able to use it(Not the 10, my goal is 8.5) :D so... somehow someday i will do it XD If i have a few free time. Thats all. But thx anyways... "I am not like the idea that is not hard enoght to make it, or it is not secure enough" but thx that you took time and checked the files. I thought this thread was removed XD it is so old :D :p

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

Here is some information related to this release thread.

This release supports MSNP4, which is one of the earliest MSN protocols that were released. This protocol was discontinued in 2003 after the release of MSNP 8. Which introduced a new authentication system. MSNP4 does send the password as an MD5 hash.

MSNP is not encrypted, it's all sent in plain-text.

is a MSNP7 server, (archive link to venkydude's download) which should work on the latest client that was posted in this thread. It's just a more recent version however the protocol versions have a minor difference.

The latest windows version on Windows XP does only support MSNP 8.

You can find a good documentation related to the MSNP 8 protocol . There are minor differences between MSNP7 so there shouldn't be a problem if you want to implement it yourself.

I'll answer some of the questions and bugs posted here for people who are interested into developing a server.

@Flyer8472 i made it work on remote
but it doesnt send the messages,on the server window shows that messages are sent but dont display on the client window

This is due to the client not being able to connect to the Switchboard server (The server that handles the conversations) Most likely due to it sending an incorrect IP. (Packet XFR)

It is working but not fixes 8.5 beta or even 7.0 it says it is not compatible with it... :\

This is because of the VER packet send, it contains an out-dated protocol version so the new client thinks it's out-dated.

It's fairly easy to emulate the old versions (before MSNP 8) due to the MD5 encryption of the passwords. I haven't checked after MSNP 8 tough.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

I did a MSNP4 server once. I wanted to add MSNP8+ support but I haven't ever been able to figure out how to do TWN authentication, or SSO for MSNP14+(?).

I completely bypassed the authentication and emulated the rest since I wanted get it working ASAP. I realized I could do the TWN authentication later. However I never bothered to look into it.

Back