Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MSN Messenger server emulator

Reaction score
Re: [Release] MSN Messenger server emulator

Very interesting, very interesting indeed

Nothing beats the latest version of MSN :tongue:

Even more with msn plus

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

That would be really awesome if you guys could make the Messenger working again. Dont know about if its able to host the Server and let it grew again.

What are thinking about that when its possible to do?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: [RELASE] MSN Messenger server emulator

@Flyer8472 i made it work on remote
but it doesnt send the messages,on the server window shows that messages are sent but dont display on the client window

As Taiga said, that problem is caused by the server sending the wrong remote IP address. To get it working, replace the Winsock calls for ws(0).LocalIP with your router's public IP address, inside quotes.

Also, the server will either need to be a DMZ host, or configure forwarding rules for ports between 32768 and 65536. If you want to adjust the port range a bit, that's under the setup function in sb.frm.

I know this is an old thread, and I'm a new member here, but I figured that it might help someone.

Cheers

----
Reaction score

OK so other stuff: I recommend this link to check:

They have a support up to 7.5+Plus, and maybe for WLM8.1+Plus(They refer to it in the developers note...)

the source can be found here, you can use it four your own purposes a private one:

it uses python.

it has source code, i was unable to make it work the source, however if someone able please post some tutorial... i have trouble setup python envrionment...

However i dont know the what-is-working-and-whatnot basis ,so i cannot give you a feature list...

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Reaction score

i made it work using no-ip as host,but crashed a lot the 4.7 version,hosted on a laptop and my pc as client
it uses http proxy and was kinda easy to setup
but now i have "internet Assigned Numbers Authority" ip thanks to my **** isp and no-ip isnt working anymore it does not redirect my ip to my dns host
my ip is 200.115.2xx.xxx
but the router says
IPv4 Address:100.85.17x.xxx

IPv4 DNS Servers:100.72.xxx.xxx
100.72.xxx.xxx

and i cant change it

----
Reaction score

since it is on development on an other site i think this source can be closed down, this source is a dino... old...

----
Reaction score

OK soo, i did tried the escargot server, it is working... it makes a certificate file and it uses that for connection, almost everything is supported up to 7.5, of course web based services are not, like msn or password change ect... it uses sqlite 3, and 4 HTTP ports...

It is based on python3.6+, and it can be easily used thru lan/internet, if you use it publicly you need to patch your own client and generate a custom certificate, but it is working, so if anyone is interested head to the , and this thread can be closed!

bump

please close this old thread! It is useless.

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Reaction score

OK soo, i did tried the escargot server, it is working... it makes a certificate file and it uses that for connection, almost everything is supported up to 7.5, of course web based services are not, like msn or password change ect... it uses sqlite 3, and 4 HTTP ports...

It is based on python3.6+, and it can be easily used thru lan/internet, if you use it publicly you need to patch your own client and generate a custom certificate, but it is working, so if anyone is interested head to the , and this thread can be closed!

bump

please close this old thread! It is useless.
This is for actual development. Still completely relevant and not useless.

----
Reaction score

It is done and its opensource at the mentioned place... :\ So... why would you stick around with an insecure, old code?

The Escargot what is runs on python is around 95% done and you can use private servers(as i do)... :\ So, i dont agree... I changed the main post to the new source. (it has the link to the old one too... :p)

The point in this thread was: Make an msn emulator, or provide a code what is working... this is happened.

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Reaction score

any guide how to compile escargot server?
am installing requirements
Code:
PS D:\msn-server-maste> pip install lxmlCollecting lxml  Downloading lxml-4.1.1-cp36-cp36m-win32.whl (3.2MB)    100% |████████████████████████████████| 3.2MB 288kB/sInstalling collected packages: lxmlSuccessfully installed lxml-4.1.1PS D:\msn-server-maste> pip install aiohttpCollecting aiohttp  Downloading aiohttp-2.3.2-cp36-cp36m-win32.whl (358kB)    100% |████████████████████████████████| 368kB 315kB/sCollecting multidict>=3.0.0 (from aiohttp)  Downloading multidict-3.3.2-cp36-cp36m-win32.whl (171kB)    100% |████████████████████████████████| 174kB 659kB/sCollecting async-timeout>=1.2.0 (from aiohttp)  Downloading async_timeout-2.0.0-py3-none-any.whlCollecting chardet (from aiohttp)  Downloading chardet-3.0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (133kB)    100% |████████████████████████████████| 143kB 2.3MB/sCollecting yarl>=0.11 (from aiohttp)  Downloading yarl-0.14.2-cp36-cp36m-win32.whl (82kB)    100% |████████████████████████████████| 92kB 2.9MB/sInstalling collected packages: multidict, async-timeout, chardet, yarl, aiohttpSuccessfully installed aiohttp-2.3.2 async-timeout-2.0.0 chardet-3.0.4 multidict-3.3.2 yarl-0.14.2PS D:\msn-server-maste> pip install sqlalchemyCollecting sqlalchemy  Using cached SQLAlchemy-1.1.15.tar.gz

Last edited:
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score

Are people actually interested into this?

I got the authentication of MSNP8 fully working in my own emulator. Btw for the people who are intrested in security, All protocols below MSNP8 are insecure because they send the password in 'plain' text via non secured routes.

The development halted due to the lack of time and I'm more interested into MSN 2009 tough.

----
Reaction score

Are people actually interested into this?

I got the authentication of MSNP8 fully working in my own emulator. Btw for the people who are intrested in security, All protocols below MSNP8 are insecure because they send the password in 'plain' text via non secured routes.

The development halted due to the lack of time and I'm more interested into MSN 2009 tough.

Yes, there are bunch of people who is intrested in this. Check messengergeek forums. Also, escargot supports up to MSNP11(MSN 7.5 client compatible) and for example i use it only for my VPN cluster... so it is enogh secure for me, becouse you need to be a member at us to use this on our network...

The members(it is currently around 16 peoples) are using this gladly and you can add your own msn tabs for your own services into msn...

Also; in dev mode there is a certificate requirement to even use this. So cannot login anyone to your server without the proper client... If you think it is not secure and not worth it, then dont use it... But there are a lot of people who wanted this to work... Also they are working/want work on newer protocols for example WLM 8+ until the last client...

@xlw00tlx Check the CONTRIBUTING.md file for how to install with python. Requirement is Python3.6+ and also there are a command to get all prequisitions for the package... check requirements.txt also, there are the list of the modules you will need to use.

One important thing: Add your MSN-SERVER folder to your PATH envrionment variable or the script WILL NOT work at all...

Last edited:
CATMAGEDDON
Reaction score

almost got it
but my msn 7.5 client now doesnt let me modify http proxy setings idk why
edit:i dont know how to make a bashrc file in windows

----
Reaction score

almost got it
but my msn 7.5 client now doesnt let me modify http proxy setings idk why
edit:i dont know how to make a bashrc file in windows

First of all you dont need git, bashrc, or similar( or any envrionment other than python 36+ )to get this working.... In many way the contribute document is BS. It s not supporting WLM8 as it states ect ect...

Exactly what it means on windows: you need to add to your PATH envrionment variable the C:\msn-server (or wherever your server is) and dont fck around with bashrc...
(My-PC Right click -> Properties -> Advanced Properties -> Envrionmental Variables button, and edit the PATH variable, you can add more variables separeted with comma, like: C:\,C:\msn-server, C:\Python36, ect ect)

You dont need proxy, you will need a client hexa editing, or download a
pre-cracked one from escargot main site. and redirect with hosts file.

You will need to change in the source and in the client every

escargot.log1p.xyz
m1.escargot.log1p.xyz
gateway.m1.escargot.log1p.xyz

occurences to your Domain WHAT IS EXACTLY THE SAME CHARACTER LENGHT in source and

Clients Hexa edit :
msnmsgr.exe
msidcrl.dll

Also you will need to add the first time run certificate to your certificate user-root node... if you change the domain YOU WILL NEED TO ERASE ALL PREVIOUS CERT FILE!!!(ITS IND DEV\CERT FOLDER) AND GENERATE/ADD A NEW ONE! EVEN YOU WILL NEED TO ERASE FROM THE OLD ONES FROM YOUR CERT CATALOG IN WINDOWS!!! This source takes this very seriously... it generates self signes SSL cert files, But also it generates only for 30 days, this is sucks, so it can be edited(for example i modded it to do 100 years cert file) to avoid expirity errors after a month...

In all client machine they will need to add your Cert file... if not, they who want to login with bad crt files wont be let login by the server...

(Small update: I just made an auto-register system for the login process, in this way it will not require any register page... i just testing, if it will work, then ill share the mods here.)

What will not work:
- VIDEO CALLS(Needs A/V server)
- VOICE CALLS(Needs A/V server)
- REMOTE DESKTOP HELP ASK/GIVEHELP(Hell knows what this feature would need XD)
- WEB SERVICES(Profil view, edit online profil, ect)
- MSN PLUS games(Would need master plus game server... or whatever... XD my guess is however if you can get somehow plus games you might add to your own client, but maybe i am wrong...)
- EMAIL SENDING(It literally crashes client when you add a partner and click to email send)
- PARTNER SEARCH(You can only add people, but not search the db like in original)
- MSN Webpages
- MSN TABS(I still figuring out, in theory you can make your own tabs in msgrconfig.xml, however it wont load it its simply wont see the file...)
- More smaller things...(youll figure it out
)

AUTO REGISTER SCRIPT MOD
(It works like AION server's autoregister login method i guess...i mean formally, not technically so if you are login with a user does not exists, it will create it, but from now on with the wrote password you can use that user. And wont accept other passwords just the registered ones... in nutshell) i know, it is not the best method tbh, but if someone want, can use this mod(Attached to post)

Extract theese files into the msn-server root, overwrite the original ctrl_auth.py, and add user_autocreate.py beside it... I attached the mentioned files

UPDATE:
Yesterday on the escargot's servers, there is WLM8.1 Support now :D All sources can be downloaded(Note: Only 8.1 yet...)

Last edited:
Back