Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: Neverwinter Online RE-Relase (Based on DNC'S source)

I made a PORussian.txt in ...tools/bin

{
POFileSourceDirectory "C:/Night/data/translations/Russian_Client_All"
POCategoriesFile "c:/night/data/server/config/POExportCategories.txt"
OutClientFile "C:/Night/Data/translations/russian_client_test"
OutServerFile "C:/Night/Data/messages/ClientMessages.Russian.translation"
}

Then I made a Bat file:

POToTranslateFiles.exe -configFile PORussian.txt

I run this sh't and press Y two times

What to do next to my client has been translated into Russian? What bat file to run to the language appeared in the client?

Help please!!! Sorry for my English....

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Neverwinter Online RE-Relase (Based on DNC'S source)

I made a PORussian.txt in ...tools/bin
Then I made a Bat file:
I run this sh't and press Y two times
What to do next to my client has been translated into Russian? What bat file to run to the language appeared in the client?
Help please!!! Sorry for my English....

If you ask me, IF you want a usable translation you must take time and translate it manually, otherwise it will be an unusable crap, and mistranslations... the auto- translations(programs, google, neurotrans, ect...) never will be like it should... AND the mentioned method you want is soo unprofessional... So no... not everything can be automated in theese days... :\

I cannot and wont support this method, sorry. if anyone want do it and help you... i personnaly wont. no offence.(BTW how exactly you think we can help you?! You are using a custom program, in a custom envrinoment.. WE cannot even confirm if it is good or not, or IF the format is good or not... ect ect... )

You are your own i guess :\ After translation you need to rebin and regenerate hogg files for client and server.(You don't start it with different command line, you use a new client cache pack.) Done. Check the tutorials at STO forums.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Relase (Based on DNC'S source)

May I ask where can I found a tutorial to set up this emulator?

I havent found DNC's tutorial. Thank for help!

VvV

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

GigaToni: well, you said it lack anims and some assets, the client is not functional.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

If I unrar the NClient and Night folders what I have to do to start the game in my comp in localhost?

Is there anything i must change or modify?

I would like to ask to give me a short: what I must do to log ingame.

Thanks for help.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

If I unrar the NClient and Night folders what I have to do to start the game in my comp in localhost?

Is there anything i must change or modify?

I would like to ask to give me a short: what I must do to log ingame.

Thanks for help.

There are tutorials in this forum, check it. I recommend the STO emulator forums.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I've checked all tutorials and even read the crazy 60MB pdf which uses a lot of terminology I'm not familiar with. The tutorials are not very precise and they do not explain step-by-step how it's done. I will ask for help and hopefully someone will answer :

I've downloaded the very repack here.
It has src. But it also has the ALREADY COMPILED SERVER AND CLIENT separately placed in 3-way part RAR folders, correct me if I'm wrong?
That means that SRC IS OPTIONAL?
Next thing is the procedure of what and how things are applied step-by-step that will lead to a no-mistake start of a server.
I reckon that the UPDATED part means that all the neat "addons" are already applied, no? But which ones are applied, and which ones are not? No explanation...
Next, can Neverwinter run everything on localhost, like 127.0.0.1 or is it absolutely necessary to run it on a 192.168.0.x??? If you changed your Windows host file and lmhost files, please show the picture of what's a working order and all the data that needs to be either prevented or redirected back into a loop of localhost...
Next, there's no explanation HOW to start a server, it'sall like "just double-click this and off you go", but in truth that just starts the GUI for the server if I'm not mistaken, but not the gameserver itself because it's not made to autostart on it's own. There's also another clientstart process from the Server gui that's made not to autostart, obviously it's a bad no-no client, but it's not explained why nor what's the deal with it.

The Addon's folder is completely anarchic because there's no guide what to do with it, what to add, whether things should be added, what to expect, what's the thing etc so I'll just SKIP IT for now.

Nobody will want to go through 4.000 pages just to start three-four buttons, so if you KNOW how to make and start a server just make a valid and proper tutorial that applies to the already presented FILES that you uploaded/reuploaded or whatever to that effect.

I suggest :

1. Tutorial : download this, extract here :
2. Important to extract to C only or E only or Z only because of the server structure (or not important to extract there if you just extract already PRECONFIGURED server files)
3. PC REQUIREMENTS : running the emulation on a local Windows machine, necessary RAM/CPU/GPU (tested on RAM/CPU/GPU, localhost or LAN)
4.Use admin and password blabla for quick access just to check if the server works. Edit admin and password here and there AFTER you start this and that.
5. Make sure to start this BEFORE that or that, and only after you check this and that you can start the client.
6. Make your character and enjoy playing. Leave a rep+

You see, now THAT is a way to do it. Like this I'm lost, and not only me but everyone who came to this topic. So, please, if someone knows how to make a server please write it in a step-to-step manner. It will take you maybe 30 minutes, but it will help people for the next 2-3 years!

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Okay i will answer line by line :D ;)

It has src. But it also has the ALREADY COMPILED SERVER AND CLIENT separately placed in 3-way part RAR folders, correct me if I'm wrong?

Nooooo, the three rar is ONE relase if that is the question...

That means that SRC IS OPTIONAL?
Yes. That is becouse if someone want, they can recompile to themselves the whole thing.

I reckon that the UPDATED part means that all the neat "addons" are already applied, no? But which ones are applied, and which ones are not? No explanation...

Chat fix, cosmetical fixes, and others are mods, no limits for dungeons, and tere other smaller ones, i cannot remember, but every one can be reapplied if any doubt, the whole addons are in the pack.

Next, can Neverwinter run everything on localhost, like 127.0.0.1 or is it absolutely necessary to run it on a 192.168.0.x??? If you changed your Windows host file and lmhost files, please show the picture of what's a working order and all the data that needs to be either prevented or redirected back into a loop of localhost...

Well... no offence; But if you need to ask how lmhosts and hosts look alike that is a BIG problem around theese forums... i suggest read up some google about hosts and lmhosts, and YES it can be run from 127.0.0.1 if you are playing only alone but you will need at least approximately 6GB of ram... that is why this is not in the tutorial...

Next, there's no explanation HOW to start a server, it'sall like "just double-click this and off you go", but in truth that just starts the GUI for the server if I'm not mistaken, but not the gameserver itself because it's not made to autostart on it's own.

You start the mcp.exe in tools and press the big red button. Is it good enough? XD
It will start all necesarry services, but the maps loads only(the mageserver) when it needs... if enevy map would load, no ram would be enough in the world to run it...

There's also another clientstart process from the Server gui that's made not to autostart, obviously it's a bad no-no client, but it's not explained why nor what's the deal with it.

Dont know, dont care... dont use it. I am qoting Apple's customer service: "You dont need to know that" (Also i have absolutely no idea XD)

The Addon's folder is completely anarchic ... I'll just SKIP IT for now.

Do that. I wont explain all again.

Nobody will want to go through 4.000 pages just to start three-four buttons, so if you KNOW how to make and start a server just make a valid and proper tutorial that applies to the already presented FILES that you uploaded/reuploaded or whatever to that effect.

It is free. Not legal the whole thing... so to say.... So... Be glad that is a DOCUMENT from it... Also; The situation is not that bad, also i wont do any mod to this thread becouse it is basicly the same as the Star Trek Online guide(Same engine same tutorial, it is deviating only very few things.. only in the Folder name and the database entry-s)

My replies to the suggestions:

1: Yes you are, but that is obvious not?!?! I HAVE TO ADD IN A TUTORIAL?!
2: C:\ only. It is in STO tutorial. :p
3: RAMS RAMS LOOOTS OF RAMS. And a good NVidia/Ati GPU it is uses for the shader processing. and for map loading... also this informations is in the sto threads too. And it is tested for a yerar with about 50 peoples so... It works on public, lan vpn, i dont have to explain how mmos works.. not?! It was working with about 2-3 crashes in a year so it is stable too...but ther is NO accurate system requirement for it, i used on Windows Server2012 and 8.1 with a 4 Core processor and 32GB ram... but it used about 8-10 GB at the worse state when we were on it about 20-30 peoples at once...
4: You can delete the databases and begin the whole game from the start with own admin / or change the no.1 account password. Also not entirely clear what do you want.
5: Start pc. Load up windows. Login. Start mcp. Big red button. Start game connect. This is the order it need to be write down too??
6: Write a tutorial yourself if you think that satisfying any tastes more, i am not standing in your way, i was never wrote a tutorial for NWO becouse of STO tutorials, THOSE are very detailed so i wont bother, sorry. Do it yourself, i am supporting you if you have any questions, but i wont do the rest... Also it is not a main thread, its just a repack, for the main tutorials pleas do a search... not everything easy and out-of-the-box.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Well, the original thread is no more, so...

Anyway, thanks. I know how to change the lmhost and host, however usually there's more to that in the server folder.

I got around 16gb, I think it'll be fine for just me.

Hello, how to add

ZEN
ITEMS
STUFFZ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

/Saved for later/

Edited : Tutorial extended and more data added.

Apparently, I can't post a prolonged tutorial on the forum, returning some weird error. The document is saved in rtf, so you will have no issues opening it.
If you do,I suggest using OpenOffice, it's free and opens various types of text based formats alike.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Thank you for shareing this works great.

Just a note. you need to have you're server's ip in you're client PC's hosts file also...

Also.. anyone know how to get rid of the Old driver worning ?
I am trying to run this on my Wife's PC and it crashs to Desktop. (AMD 7750)
Works fine on my PC Ndivia GTX 660) and my Notebook HD2000 Gfx (it runs Sweet on there)

Thanks again...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Any list of good GiveItem stuff to use from beginning?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

Any list of good GiveItem stuff to use from beginning?

Maby google "Build YourbuildName Neverwinter" and then giveitem to get the items it recomends for you're build ?

Realy impressed with this re-release. works very well

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hello. Here are some of the Neverwinter commands used with the Console options for the privileged account (admin, dev).

The primary command that you'll find yourself using the most is the GiveItem command.
In order to have the autofull help search function working properly, you need to type in the commands EXACTLY as they're shown, whilst it doesn't matter for the item itself whether it's big or small letters used.

I've been testing for the gear for the DAMAGE builds primarily (those are Power, Crit and Armor Penetration builds).

Note that enemies in the game have their own Damage Reduction properties (usually stated as DR%) which translates to their "Mitigation". By taking the Armor Penetration, you're Mitigating the enemy's armor and your power essentially can manifest in it's full potential.

Note that the tooltips for this game are MISLEADING which is Neverwinter quite notorious for, and certain armor types do more than what their Set Attributes are showing.

The game uses both BUFFS and DEBUFFS applied separately for certain feats and/or abilities, which are applied only AFTER the Armor penetration is applied, which furthermore reduces the health of the enemies.

However, the Weapon Enchantment called Plague Fire basically lowers the Mitigation(armor) of the enemies for the entire team. It is applied for three times and has a specific cooldown, so it makes sense to use the AoE spell, usually by a Devoted Cleric, in order to utilize the fullest potential of the Weapon Enchantment alone and also the total group damage. It would make no sense to use it for single-target based damage, especially if it's made for high Critical Strike bonus, so a Vorpal Enchantment might come as a better solution overall.

Be warned that Weapon Enchantment damage is calculated differently from your Regular damage and it can be modified by buffs and debuffs, however it can never Critically Hit. This applies to the Weapon Enchantments which deal DoT (Damage over Time), that can work amazingly for characters that deal a lot of AoE (For instance, Plague Fire is a great enchantment for a Control Wizard of a Master of Flames paragon tree).

There are Several damage calculations and you MUST pay close attention to those.

- There is Weapon damage called At-Will (abilities that increase or buff the weaapon damage only)
- There is Encounter Damage (abilities that deal damage solely based on the uses of Encounters)
- There are Feats (which may apply to the several different mechanics and/or specific encounters)
- There are Buffs and Debuffs which may regulate some or all of the above-mentioned things in a timely manner.

There are numerous Internal Cooldowns which are not shown in the Tooltips for the things, but activate once every minute or two. As such they're usually not very good.
There are abilities and cool-downs which reset after each Battle-Mode (For instance the Control Wizard Renegade's ultimate feat that gives buffs for the team or the Trickster Rogue's Critical strike on the Lashing Blade).

In all cases, the pure, raw damage that you receive on your character is almost always better than the attributes that you receive.

So, a Purple knife that deals 23-44 damage is NOT AS GOOD as a Green knife that deals 33-55 damage because it effectively UPGRADES your entire arsenal of Encounters and At-Wills, sometimes for hundreds of damage floaters, and even more if you add the Critical Severity into the calculation itself.
However, the Purple knife might have more stats, like Power/Crit/Recovery etc which are usually not worth taking at lower level since the level-up is rather quick anyway, and most items come directly from finishing the quest-line and receiving in the chests.

Of course, there IS a way to add to yourself some rather good items and the best way to do so is to add items which have a SOCKET place on them, where you will add particular items to your leisure.

Be mindful that Head, Arms and Feet are almost always (if not always) Utility Sockets.

The Sockets are presented as Offense, Defense and Utility. Each Enhancement will have a tooltip of what they're doing and how they're helping you whenever you Enchant an item.

My Idea is to increase the Main-Hand weapon damage, which is the best method of achieving exactly that. I disregard the Weapon Enhancements at lower Levels because they don't do much without your actual damage, and the lower level enemies are not that tanky anyways, so it really makes more sense to give to yourself the raw 300 Power from the Radiant Enhancement rather than adding to yourself any Weapon based Enchancment that does the percentage of your overall weapon damage (which is usually extremely low at lower levels).

1. LEGACY SET

Note : I advise these for people who don't want to add items to themselves all the time, or type a lot. They are solid items, but nowhere the best possible in terms of micromanagement. Not even by a longshot. The good side is that they are useful for the Weapon Enchantment slot (main hand only), but bare in mind that Adding both Weapon enchantment and a runestone to your mainhand will crash the client and server instantaneously. So, just don't do that and you're good to go!

There are several items which you may choose for the starting gear. For instance, the best SCALING gear that you can get is called ANCIENT MULHORAND (to my knowledge).
It is purple-based gear that scales with your level, and as you level-up it will get more and more attributes.

To add those you will do as follows. Enable the Console command window by hitting tilde “ ` “ and type in

GiveItem Neck_All_Purple_Mulhorand_legacy

As you may notice, the items are divided into sections and definitions. The string tells us that it is the item used for Neck (cloak) slot. It can be either an amulet (necklace) or the cloak (cape).
The parameter “all” tells us that each class may use it freely. The parameter “purple” tells us it's Quality (in this case it's legendary). The parameter “mulhorand_legacy” tells us it's name and purpose.
Pay heed that certain items are bound on Equip, certain items are bind on Pickup and certain items are not bound at all. This game DOES NOT have any type of a Unbind/Unbound scroll or any equivalent item.

The rest of the console commands for the MAIN HAND weapons are :

Primary_Controller_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Primary_Devoted_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Primary_Greatweapon_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Primary_Guardian_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Primary_Hunter_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Primary_Trickster_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy

As you can see, the parameter “Primary” refers to the Primary hand (Main hand) weapon. All weapons in the game will have the “Primary” parameter used in the Item definition (ID).
The parameters such as “Controller” or “Hunter” refer to the specific classes. Most of the items defined for the specific class will ALWAYS have the class parameter such as “Controller” (sometimes the parameter is also Wizard, and sometimes the item is even paragon oriented, so be mindful).

The rest of the console commands for the SECONDARY HAND items/weapons are :

Secondary_Controller_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Secondary_Devoted_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Secondary_Greatweapon_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Secondary_Guardian_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Secondary_Hunter_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy
Secondary_Trickster_Purple_Mulhorand_Legacy

Note : The Trickster legacy set seems to be corrupted as it shows that it is used for the Hunter Ranger class, which is rather absurd.

Those are all PURPLE QUALITY LEGACY based items and quite possibly the best scaling items that you will find for this game version.

2. GREYCLOAKS LEGACY

Now, these are a real bomb on the early level because they have no Level restriction, and appear to be as strong as level 14-15 weapons themselves. After that they appear to lose the value, drastically.

GiveItem Equipment_Primary_Greycloaks_Legacy_Collectors

OR, alternatively, you can add weapons yourself by doing these commands :

Primary_Control_Blue_Greycloak
Primary_Devoted_Blue_Greycloak
Primary_Greatweapon_Blue_Greycloak
Primary_Guardian_Blue_Greycloak
Primary_Trickster_Blue_Greycloak

It appears that there is no Hunter Ranged equivalent weapon from the Greycloaks Legacy pack.
These are definitely best to have early on! The bonuses on them ain't bad either for each class individually.

3. RESTORATION WEAPONS

Now, these babies are the best for levels individually. They come in several versions and each of them is absolutely amazing. They are divided into Tiers, from Tier 02 to the Tier 04, and also divided for the levels 10, 13, 15, 19, 23, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, and finally 60.

For instance, you can get a level 10 weapon and it will for for each levels from one to ten. At level 10, you can use the Level 13 weapon,and it will work from 10 to 13 and so on, you get the picture.
It wouldn't be bad to give to yourself each of those weapons so that as you progress you may apply weapon on-spot, and I suggest carrying them with you all the time in your bag slots. These Restoration weapons are of PURPLE QUALITY, meaning that they apply three to four different stat boosts. Blue applies two to three stat boosts, green applies two to thee stat boosts etc, etc. Obviously, for the higher levels you want to have purple, but that might not always be the case since there are some blue items which apply the same stat up to three times, making it sometimes even the pure 400+ boost to a particular stat itself (although these items are the epitome of micromanagement mastery).

The RESTORATION weapons are too many to list by me now, but they don't change much.

Note that you change the class area with the class of your choice. Classes are

Controller
Devoted
Greatweapon
Guardian
Trickster

Sample :

GiveItem Primary_Controller_Purple_Restoration_T02_L10

I suggest doing it like this :

GiveItem Primary_yourclasshere_Purple_restoration

And then hit the CTRL+TAB in order to see a full list of the Restoration weapons for your desired class. Or, you can cut the entire thing by simply doing this :

GiveItem resto

CTRL+TAB

You will get a list of all the weapons for all the classes and the valid names to use.

Don't forget to add to yourself each Enhancement stones!

4. ENCHANTMENTS FOR SOCKETS

Here you may use the GiveItem or GiveItemcount commands

T10_Enchantment_Red (will give you a Radiant Enchantment, usually best for Defense and Offense sockets)
T10_Enchantment_Blue (will give you a Dark Enchantment, usually best for the Utility socket, although also good for the Defense if you lack Life Steal)
T10_Enchantment_Cruel (will give you lower individual values, but overall higher when you want to apply more of these)
T10_Enchantment_Feyblessing (Utility only, DO NOT double-click it to improve it)
T10_Enchantment_Green (will give you Silvery Enchantment, usually the worst thing you can get for PvE type of combat. Even with four of these you will barely reduce your Encounters by 0.6 of a second, so it's a waste)
T10_Enchantment_Purple (will give you Azure Enchantment, which will raise your Critical Strike by a percentage and also could be used for the faster Experience gain)
T10_Enchantment_Special_Lockbox_Nightmare (will give you a Greater Tenebrous Enchantment which deals Necrotic damage by an unknown internal cooldown and an unknown chance, so it is not that good in comparison to the flat damage boosts, could be good for tanks and PvP)
T10_Enchantment_Tranquil (will give you a Tranquil Enchantment which basically has an unknown internal cooldown and an unknown chance to heal you up for a rather low bit of HP when you get hit, could be good for tanks and PvP)
T10_Enchantment_Yellow (will give you a Savage Enchantment which is similar to the Cruel Enchantment)

5. ADDING PETS

The best pet to have in the Module 2 is the AUGMENT based pet, who's essentially a pet that expands your item wearing stuff. I.E. It's like having three extra items on yourself with full Enchantment ability! It is easily up to 40%-50% of extra damage or defense, health or whatever you choose to build!

There are several Augment pets here, however my choice is to add this one

GiveItem Pet_Iounstoneofmight_Purple

The pet has the Active bonus of +5 Stamina regen (lame, yes, but all augments have lame bonuses here, so this one is actually the best out there)

I did not find the items that can levelup the pets easily, nor scrolls (That must have been added in later modules of the game), however there is a way to LEVELUP your pets easily with a command line.
For this to work properly, you need to SUMMON the pet (you can have up to FIVE ACTIVE Pets, NOTE the difference between SUMMONED and ACTIVE, different things!) and then type this command :

SetPetLevel 30

Of course, that will add the max level to your pet given that the pet alone is of PURPLE quality.

You can change the PET quality by a command

SetPetQuality

1 must be for gray (regular, never tried), 2 is green, 3 is blue and 4 is purple.

You want purple because that is where all the extra bonuses are! Be mindful that after you set the pet levels, their experience is narrowed down to the least experience needed to achieve the level of the quality.

You may add to yourself the T10_Runestone by typing

GiveItem T10_Runestone

and hitting the CTRL+TAB command in order to list the few Runestones.

For other pets I strongly suggest adding a
Book Imp (it is like adding extra 800 recovery to yourself on 30th level and is better than adding actual recovery to yourself, shortens the encounter speed by some 0.6-0.8 up to 1sec overall, which is a nice increase in overall damage)
Slyblade Kobold (which will increase your overall damage by up to 5% on stunned or rooted enemies, which isn't all that bad)
Fire Archon (Increases damage by 5% on all enemies who're under 30% of HP, you'd be crazy not to take this one on 30th level)
Archmage's Apprentice (Which kind of has a chance to slow-down the enemies a bit on each encounter use, this is a testing thing for me now so yeah)
Blink Dog (It adds +5% Combat Advantage Damage, which is excellent for Trickster Rogue class for instance)
Dancing Blade (It adds the amazing +5% Critical Severity on the level 30 so it's amazing for end-game builds and high-crit chance players)
Panther (It adds +10% Damage to the Prone targets, although I'm not sure how it's actually applied first-hand and what's considered to be prone, it needs testing)
Acolyte of Kelemvor (Adds +5% incoming healing bonus, which can be good if you're a tank and have absolutely no potions)

I DO NOT RECOMMEND using these pets :

Aranea (It has a 3% chance to apply a lightning on target, with an unknown internal cooldown, this is COMPLETELY useless)

Generally the pets that have a chance to apply an effect of Damage over Time in terms of poison or similar to that, usually doesn't work well and doesn't even scale with own powers.
To see all pets type either

GiveItem
Pet_a
Pet_b
Pet_c

And do the CTRL+TAB command in order to see the available list of pets. Some pets DO NOT work at all, and adding them will make them STUCK in your inventory forever, so just in case make a TEST CHARACTER that will be adding all sorts of pets until you find the one to your liking!

6. GENERAL HELPING ITEMS

These are just too funny not to take! They usually all stack and work on your character! Those are potions and buffs alike!

GiveItemcount Scroll_Damage_10 99 (will give you a stack of +10% damage boost)
GiveItemcount Scroll_Damage_5 99 (will give you the same thing, only +5% damage boost)

These two WORK AND STACK together, and last for 30 minutes. All you need to do is double-click them each once : }

GiveItemcount Invocation_Buff_0 99

Repeat the process with Invocation_Buff_1, Invocation_Buff_2, Invocation_Buff_3, Invocation_Buff_4

They will give you a stack of amazing buffs to give you something to do from lower to bigger levels.

TWO BEST POTIONS TO HAVE are Potion of Heroism and Elixir of Fate.

GiveItemcount Potion_Heroism 99 (will give you a stack of Potions of Heroism, a level 60 only item, that increases your Primary and Secondary stats by one)

GiveItemcount Potion_Fate_5_Divine 99 (will give you a stack of Elixir of Fate, a level 50 item, that increases all your attributes by one)

These two can work together and are amazing!

Next in line are the Divine potions!
They all have the Potion_typeofpotion_5_Divine parameter, so you can find them all by typing

GiveItem 5_Divine

And then hit CTRL+TAB in order to see a list of the best potions to have in the game!

You will notice a lot of different potions you may add to yourself, or simply use the GiveItem Potion_
and then hit the CTRL+TAB to see your options.

There are more fun items to be used, they fall under the GiveItem Flavor_
parameter. Check them yourselves, some are junk, some are rather funny.

7. ARTIFACTS

Okay, so here's the thing – UPGRADING THE ARTIFACTS DOESN'T WORK AFTER PURPLE! That means that after you upgrade your artifact to the orange, the artifact will start upgrading itself from LEVEL 1, RESETTING IT'S STATS!
To avoid this, your best chance is to add the artifacts yourself directly from their epic/legendary status.

To do that and see a list of good artifacts, type in the Console

GiveItem Artifact_

then hit the CTRL+TAB to see a list.

All the best artifacts have the R4 (orange), but you might want to add all the R1, R2, and R3 in order to get that collection ding.

Artifacts that I will use for myself are

Lantern of Revelation (nice damage bonuses)
Eye of Lathander (biggest power bonus)
And either Shard of Valindra (damage) or the Mirror of Secrets (speed, recovery).
There is an alternative, however, to the Mirror of Secrets and it comes in a Potion of Power that literally fills 25% of the Action Points and has ICD of 12 seconds, which is amazing! Downside is the loss of 3% of movement speed, which isn't much given that at level 60 there won't be a lot of moving. It can be useful in the Dungeons, but then again there are always alternatives to that.

You can give to yourself a stack of those and type in the Console

GiveItemcount Potion_Power 99

The item's Level 30 requirement, which is relatively low.

8. GENERAL TIPS FOR EQUIPMENT

You can always give yourself items by trying to find equivalent for your level and class.

For instance you are level 44, all you need to do is go and type

GiveItem L44 or L43

It will list a bunch of items.

Or if you seek a specific STAT, you can arrange that, too, by looking for a parameter!

For instance, GiveItem classcripow and then hitting CTRL+TAB will list all items that have the two primary class powers of Crit and Power.

You can seek the items that have a GEM (Socket) in them by searching GiveItem Gems1 and hitting CTRL+TAB, it will make a rather long list, however it will give you some understanding of what you're looking.

Note that NOT ALL items share the same parameter classification.

Sometimes you can get the L44 parameter at the beginning of the sentence, sometimes in the middle, sometimes at the end, and sometimes NOT AT ALL, so be mindful that this, after all, takes a bit of practice and experimentation in order to find what you want and what you need.

You can also find items by typing GiveItem Gpow4 and hitting CTRL+TAB, it will list all items that have extra Power.

You can also search items by Ghp2 or Glif2, 3, 4 etc, there are A LOT of variations.

Each class item uses the classdef, classhp, classpow, classcripow, classpowrec etc, so be mindful of that, too.

Purple items are USUALLY THE BEST, but green items and blue items have the biggest value for a solitary thing!

For instance, the GREEN ITEM for Level 48 here is FAR BETTER than the BLUE ITEM of the same level!

BLUE ITEM : GiveItem Arms_Controller_Blue_L48_Classcrirec_Bpow4_Gems0_T4
GREEN ITEM : GiveItem Arms_Controller_Green_L48_Classpow_Gpow4_Gems0_T4
Since the GREEN ITEM has the CLASSPOW and GPOW4 it will add more POWER OVERALL to the item resulting in total 329 Power and 77 Defense, whilst the BLUE ITEM will add only 99 Power, 165 Crit, 165 Recovery and 77 Defense.
Of course, this is only for the Control Wizard class, however CERTAIN classes have this configured BETTER for the specific class. For instance if you do the same thing for the TRICKSTER ROGUE class, you will notice that the blue items will add a better overall stat to the Power and Crit since the class parameter starts with classcripow.
The Green item for the Trickster Rogue will have the biggest Crit based stat, however, the blue one will add raw +100 overall which isn't bad either.

In a sense, green items are great for building a SPECIFIC stat, however it is likely to be very narrow and class-restricted in terms of what class parameters you get.

For instance the Guardian Fighter will have his class parameter go like classdef for green and classdefpow for the blue items on the level 48.

Finally, you can add to yourself the TEST items, among which there are weapons that deal 5000 damage straight on! That, essentially, is the most powerful weapon in the game itself as far as I'm concerned.

It kind of defeats the point of playing the game. It won't make you godlike, but it will make you to feel like you're playing a fully specced CW Module 5, for instance, in a normal dungeon at all times :) which can be tedious, but also fun for some who want to play-test.

ALSO, highly important, add to yourself the BAGS.

GiveItem Bag

and hit the CTRL+TAB

There is a bag called Bag for Testing, and it's under the parameter Bag_Playtest_200
It will give you a bag with 200 free slots to use, and you can add 4 of these, essentially giving you 800 extra slots, so that makes 830 overall! More than you could handle. Of course, it might produce some lag (not really tested), so I wouldn't advise using more than one at a time.

NOTE : A general tip is not to use the Lightning Enchantment for the weapon since it has a very weird bug where it will increase your aggro in quite a long range when used. It could be used by the tanky characters, though, so that they collect all the aggro.

HIGHLY IMPORTANT ITEMS

There is nothing better for a pure damage build than adding to yourself the Orishaar items!

Just do the GiveItem Orishaar

Hit the CTRL+TAB

And add to yourself 4 RINGS and 2 BELTS for the corresponding LEVEL.

4 RINGS will be enchanted with the Enchantment of your choice, but BE CAREFUL to first equip them on yourself, then unequip and equip on your AUGMENT pet. I usually put the T10_Enchantment_Red into those rings and belts, adding HP and Power.

The Alternative to Orishaar is called Darkforest, so be mindful to also add items of that particular name.

NOTE that you can add to yourself

RRING_ALL_
LRING_ALL_
RING_ALL_
WAIST_ALL_

There are also class-based items with Ring_Controller or sometimes Rring_Spellstorm (in this case it's even Paragon only item which is rather weird to me, but makes it even more rare and awesome).

There are two generic SHIRT AND PANTS items called

Pants_Generic_Chain
Shirt_Generic_Chain

They look awesome after transmutation and can be used by all, so that's a nice detail to have.

You can also use for the Secondary hand the Darkforest collection!

Just add

Secondary_Trickster_Blue_Darkforest

hit the CTRL+TAB and you will have a bunch of the Darkforest items, or, better yet, hit the

GiveItem Blue_Darkforest

and then use the CTRL+TAB.

They are based upon scaling to levels by ten by each piece, which is nice.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS LITTLE GUIDE AND THAT IT MAY HELP YOU FIND AND GET TO KNOW THE CONSOLE COMMANDS!

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Tutorials from @Keiko123 has been added to the main post, thank you for him for theese guidelines.

I must ask, that when you added an other enchantment to your weapon... about the enchantment slot... what was its type? Just becouse it might crashes becouse of the wrong enchantment slot with the wrong enchantment pairing, the main weapon usually have 2 or more slots but into the purple/magenta ones you can only put weapon enchantments... or it is doing this in both cases?

Also, what was the log file when it was crashed?

CATMAGEDDON
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@Flyer8472 i cant change my windows locale to english,it s in chinece atm cause the other servers, do you think this would work anyway?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

For testing purposes I've added myself a new character, Human, Control Wizard.

I've managed to add to myself 6000 levels by using the command GiveNumeric Level 6000, however the CAP is still at level 60 in terms of both power points and feat points which I still can't figure out how to add.

I've used the four types of the gear, the Optimal Debuffing High Vizier set.

For the weapon I've used the Dread weapon for the Level 60, the most optimal, accessible by normal gameplay means, weapon itself.

I've added the rank 10 Vorpal Enchantment to myself which was added directly into the weapon without any problems, whatsoever.
When I tried to add the T10_Enchantment_Red to the same weapon, there comes up a small pop-up window that asks to which slot it would like the item to be added, proclaiming that only one slot (the slot where Vorpal is) is available whilst the other one is grayed-out.

Of course, I wanted to add to the grayed-out slot because there is no need to further enchant the already Perfect Vorpal.

After adding it and confirming the add, the Client freezes up completely for 4 seconds, then exits the game.

The Logs in the Client folder do not mention any crash, whatsoever.

-----------------

What I've discovered from the testing :

Giving yourself the levels by the GiveNumeric Level option will not prompt all the automated quest strings nor different titles and achievements that follow. Apparently the GiveNumeric Level option is not that good.

The only command for leveling up the character should be Setlevel # (# = the level you want to add, cap is at 60).

Fun Fact : I've spotted some Scourge Warlock items. The hell?

If I find anything else I will write here, thanks! If someone figures out how to add the Feats/Paragon/Heroic or Powers, that would be super sweet.

Regards!

Hi!
I've figured out how to edit the powers, it is the easiest thing ever. I've increased the range of the At-Will Chilling cloud by a lot simply by adding one solitary number 9 in front of the range 90.

Basically looks like this :

Find it under the name : Controller_Atwill_Chillingcloud.Powers in the Night/data folders

Code:
PowerDef Controller_Atwill_Chillingcloud
{
    Categories  Implement,  Atwill
    Targetmain Foe
    Targetaffected Foe
    Range 80.000000
    Timeactivate 0.6
    TimeOverride 0.2
    Timeallowqueue 0.5
    Attribkeyblock -214701632

Attribmod
    {
        Attrib AttribModHeal
        Aspect BasicAbs
        Params AttribModHealParams
        {
            Aspect Duration
        }

Applypriority 2.250000
        Key -214701632

Exprblockmagnitude
        {

Statement 3
        }

Exprblockaffects
        {

Statement <&IsPowerDef(PowerDef,"Controller_Special_Chill") AND ModsFromSameSource()&>
        }
    }

Attribmod
    {
        Attrib Power
        Aspect BasicAbs
        Applypriority 3.000000
        Key -214701630

Exprblockmagnitude
        {

Statement 4.8
        }
        Target Self
        Type Magnitude
    }

Attribmod
    {
        Attrib Cold
        Aspect BasicAbs
        Tags  RangedDmg,  DamCold
        Applypriority 1.500000
        Key -214701629

Exprblockmagnitude
        {

Statement <&( ItemWeaponDamage() + Table(Source,"Base_Ranged_Heavy") ) * (Var(Source,"Mult_AtWill") * .32) * (1 + (.1 * (CharNodeRank(SourceOwner,"Player_Controller.Atwills.Atwill_ChillingCloud") - 1)))&>
        }
        Type Magnitude
    }

Attribmod
    {
        Attrib Cold
        Aspect StrAdd
        Applypriority 1.250000
        Key -214701628

Exprblockmagnitude
        {

Statement <&.32 * Attrib(Source,"Abs_Power") * Var(Source,"Mult_PowAtWill")&>
        }
        Target Self
        Enhancementextension 1
    }
    Attribhit Null
    Attribmiss Null
    Animfx Controller_Atwill_Chillingcloud_Combo1
    IconName Wizard_1_Atwill_Scorchingburst
    Purpose Atwill

Msgdisplayname Pn.94f4b21

Msgdescription Pd.L5s4r11

Aipowerconfigdefinst
    {
    }
    Group Player/Controller
    Type Click
    Overrides 1
}

Editing the Range to more than 80, for instance 180 will do just that next time you start the server. No need to re-bin anything, it's as straightforward as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back