Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Relase (Based on DNC'S source)

It actually is the only Problem..

Well suit yourself, however... you could use it as it is for private purposes... W/O Foundry or updater... not?? You can make a client and if you need to modify something recompile the whole thing... it is playable without any updater or patcher... yes, no custom missions, but it works...

But dont forget the facts too,
1 . YEA no updater as you said
2 . YEA no foundry as you said

However:

3 . Legal reasons, wherther you like it or not to admit it... This is the *original stolen code* if you host your butt could be kicked. But at least sued...
4 . Very hard to host a machine for people more than 50-60 people... you basicly need an atomic reactor for larger groups... even 64/128 gb is very few amount of the ram...
5 . Relatively hard to setup the domains/redirects, for every single people, still you can write a program to do this... or recompile the source strictly for that vpn or ip
6 . Missing features like the public registration page, or the working public web interface for the web game(you cannot login and use it still.)

So its not *just* the absence of the updater/foundry the only problem...

Last edited:
Reaction score

The legal reasons don't matter. Ye they exist, but as I said multiple times, I don't care if cryptic gets mad and tries to sue me. As long as you don't reach ~100-200 I don't think they will do anything.

4. Meh Servers and RAM is cheap these days. I get an i7 and 128GB Ram server for 40-50€ per month and if these 50-60 people pay each at least 1€ I make 10€ profit.
5. You just have to set it up once. So no big deal. You don't need redirects and host edit files. You just replace all ips from cryptic in code with your own. Easy to do. I did it too, took me about 30 minutes.
6. Not a problem. Actually easier to do than you think. Since we have all the source. The account server has an API Port open. So you can use this.

You're creating non-existing actually Problems here.

I'm talking about source-code problem. Like the Gateway which still doesn't work. You're talking about problems which are not related to the source-code.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I don't have interest in put server online, I just want to understand why don't exist some pserver online to play. :\

But GigaToni told me don't is working patcher, so that is the main problem.

There were some private servers both small and big couple of years ago. The thing is, some were too ambitious for their own good and thought that such a private server might be a gold vein, but in truth there were a lot of factors to consider prior to playing it and certain things were completely bugged.
I was a beta tester for some of those servers which were usually held by 15-16 y teens who were simply passing by in their coding research or wanted to play a game for a week with some friends. Nothing much.

topic : I finally have enough time to work again on the server. One thing bothers me greatly and I've been messing with the console for days now.

How to get into Malabog's castle / Valindra Tower? I can't get it to work. :(:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hey,

I did played a bit with the source and has some nice things. Some parts are easy to edit add but some parts I dont even know where to look lol.

Also did any of you managed to fix the enchant problem ? Like remove enchants or add the second enchant ?
I saw on the admin account he has a weap with both enchants on.

Regards

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

How about working without patcher? or create another patcher like thor patcher?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I'm having trouble connecting to the server after character creation. I make it all the way through the character creation and then try to start, and then halfway through loading screen I get "server not responding", then "timed out connecting to game server".

I then get logged out, not sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm sure I've followed the instructions in this threat exactly.

Reaction score

Someone is actually running this as a live server and taking donations. Down side is the server is crap not much has changed. Would love to see a live server that was decent!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

FIX FOR THE ARTIFACT RECOVERY QUEST

I've seen it. I've read on their forum how the quest Artifact Recovery (the one that you do at level 20-21) needs to be with the critters/mobs of level 60, which is just a typical jumping into conclusions.
There is a simple fix to this, which I'm going to share now, in the document called
Az_Bdr_Artifact.Zone

[Drive]:\Night\data\maps\Adventure Zone\Az_Bdr_Artifact\Az_Bdr_Artifact.Zone

Open it with a Notepad++ and change the "level" number.
The "Level" at the end of the file needs to be changed from 60 to 20.
Possible levels are from 1 to 70.
Keeping it at 19-24 is ideal for the specific map zone.

Then start the server and next time you venture into the map or a quest, the critters/mobs will have adequate level which you've assigned for the zone.

To check the success of your tinkering you needn't to make a completely new lvl 20 character. That's what the commands are for...

Even if you already completed the quest, go to J (quests), check "see all quests" or "show all", find the specific quest "Artifact Recovery", abandon it and in the console {~, tilde key} type
Mission_add Az_Bdr_Artifact_Recovery

Then, you will have a quest to go for the artifact box in the map with laughing skulls and smokey bridges. Of course, it's all for the testing purposes.
Flyer8472 - Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

THX Keiko, added to the main post.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hello everyone. I'm using this for the very first time, great release and files, thanks for the post!
I have two questions, I've been doing a bit of reading around, but I haven't seen anything like this, so I'll just ask here, hope it ain't a big deal.

1. How do I edit a character's XML file? Is that possible? I screwed up on an enchant (I enchanted weapon on offensive slot and on weapon enchantment slot and my character crashes the game), so I want to remove the certain weapon from the respective character.
2. Is there any way to allow the game to run with both enchants on? Armor/weapon enchant and defensive/offensive slot, both at once, without crashing.

Thanks in advance and have a great day y'all!

Edit: I'm not planning on running a public server, just playing with my brother and 3 friends.
Edit 2: I figured a work-around up, I changed the XML from the character sheet and replaced the IDs there with "default" ones, so my weapon was nullified.
I still wonder why I can't store 2 enchants at once, meaning armor or weapon specific and regular.

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

1. How do I edit a character's XML file? Is that possible? I screwed up on an enchant (I enchanted weapon on offensive slot and on weapon enchantment slot and my character crashes the game), so I want to remove the certain weapon from the respective character.
2. Is there any way to allow the game to run with both enchants on? Armor/weapon enchant and defensive/offensive slot, both at once, without crashing.

Hi!

Well, i try my best:

1. AFAIK the characters in the .hogg based database, so you cannot edit existing characters, since there are no way to directly edit that part of the unique database... you can only edit the raw untouched chars in xml, however it is not a best way becouse if you dont know what do you do, you can easily crash the whole thing... so...

2. It is a bug/missing feature only there is a workaraound in the main post, so... this sources(nwo/sto) both are has missing or wrong features. Sadfully, but they can be fixed or make it workaround... so... check keiko's tutorials in the main post... there is a fix for it...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hi!

Well, i try my best:

1. AFAIK the characters in the .hogg based database, so you cannot edit existing characters, since there are no way to directly edit that part of the unique database... you can only edit the raw untouched chars in xml, however it is not a best way becouse if you dont know what do you do, you can easily crash the whole thing... so...

2. It is a bug/missing feature only there is a workaraound in the main post, so... this sources(nwo/sto) both are has missing or wrong features. Sadfully, but they can be fixed or make it workaround... so... check keiko's tutorials in the main post... there is a fix for it...

Thank you for the reply!
Sorry for bothering you with this, but do you have any idea why my friend cannot connect? We were so ready to play and then this came up :(
He gets an error which says gameserver failed to connect. I used my LAN IP in the hosts file, do I need to change anything else? I saw that there's a property in the gameserver, something like -productionMode. I mention that I'm not putting this as a public server, just for me and a buddy to play remotely (he isn't on my LAN unfortunately, he's a thousand miles away).
Thank you very much in advance!

Reaction score

He gets an error which says gameserver failed to connect. I used my LAN IP in the hosts file, do I need to change anything else? I saw that there's a property in the gameserver, something like -productionMode. I mention that I'm not putting this as a public server, just for me and a buddy to play remotely (he isn't on my LAN unfortunately, he's a thousand miles away).

There is your problem ;)

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score

GigaToni Any idea how accounts could be made from a third-party website, as in, one WE develop? From how things look it's all bundled into the actual AccountServer.exe. I see some private servers with registration scripts but have no idea where to start. If there was an exposed DB it would be easier but I've no idea how to modify the source of AccountServer in a way that'd accept external registration scripts.

Reaction score

Accountserver has a "SOAP" API (It's not SOAP. I forgot what it is. XML JSON IDK) . In fact. All servers do. You just sent a command to the server which he should execute :).

EDIT:
I think it was XMLRPC.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

There is your problem ;)

I forwarded my PC's IP through my router so my WAN IP is automatically redirected to my PC's IP and I've also DMZ'ed my PC so all ports are open, he can login and see characters but he cannot spawn, cause he gets that error.
Edit: by "PC's IP" I meant the LAN IP that my PC has (in my current case, it's 192.168.1.64), to clear any confusions. Should I use my WAN IP in hosts? Didn't really think that'd be a solution, but I'll try it soon.

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@GigaToni Cheers man, yeah I've seen some references to XMLRPC, I hadn't looked into it yet :). Will have to mess around with it.

@lolumadsir 192.168.1.64 should be all you need in hosts for the first three lines (code, code_server and code_game_server). Then when you forward ports your friend should connect using your global IP. That should really be all that is required.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

@GigaToni Cheers man, yeah I've seen some references to XMLRPC, I hadn't looked into it yet :). Will have to mess around with it.

@lolumadsir 192.168.1.64 should be all you need in hosts for the first three lines (code, code_server and code_game_server). Then when you forward ports your friend should connect using your global IP. That should really be all that is required.
Yes, thank you. That is what I also thought, but it apparently doesn't work and he gets that gameserver error, which I found really unsettling. He can log in, see character list and the character themselves, but nothing further.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Yes, thank you. That is what I also thought, but it apparently doesn't work and he gets that gameserver error, which I found really unsettling. He can log in, see character list and the character themselves, but nothing further.

He needs the hosts file editing too. as lolumadsir said.... sadfully changing the ip in the client itself not enough....

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

@GigaToni @Flyer8472 I'm making some web scripts for people to use on their own servers if they don't want to use the 127.0.0.1 tool, but have run into a snag making some things that don't exist there. Functions such as sending mail aren't exposed through XMLRPC (presumably because they ARE in the GameServer after all, so :p) so I'm unable to poll any requests, my guess is that I might need to edit the GameServer with the required includes and library (or libraries, yet to check) and make a copy of said functions, then expose them to XMLRPC as per some of the account functions.

So far I've gotten things like making working accounts, editing passwords, logging in with game accounts and searching for accounts working, but they were already XMLRPC-accessible.

Does the idea re: GameServer and XMLRPC sound about right and if so, or if not, what are your thoughts? Seems like it might be a lot of work and I'm not sure I can actually make the edits and compile successfully thereafter... might need a hand if either of you (or anyone reading this) is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back