Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

@fallenfate i am looking forward to this, more than you think :D Well afaik i cannot help with this.... but it was bothering me too that people cannot make their own account... Also... i can help IF ONLY IF i can program something in Delphi/Lazarus... becouse i am good in that language, but not in VC

Also, i want to modify the source itself to read off the IP/DOMAIN from an ini file the whole server location, it would render the hosts file usage unnecesary on client side... :D(IDK if this is possibble, but my guess is yes...)

Also some update: I am translating the UI to hungarian, if someone is intrested in it, i will share it when it is done it is around 60% (Currently ONLY the UI not the whole server XD just the client interface, that means the quests will remain in english... i am not a lexicon/typing machine alone XD)

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@Flyer8472 I thought people would like it :) and I'm a fan of trying to make things others haven't yet, even if just for experimenting and learning :D.

I'm in a similar boat, I have ideas how we can make things like sending mail accessible but I don't know if I can manage it source-wise, I'm not a C++ guru. Since functions in AccountServer seem to have a certain method of being exposed to the XMLRPC server, I am GUESSING, purely guessing, I could replicate the same structure in the GameServer if I can bring across the includes and library. But I have no idea, I'd then also need a way to convert the XML struct request back into the relevant C++ and I'm not sure I can do that either, lol.

Making accounts in the browser is done so far, as well as the other things I mentioned. The accounts do work in game also. Spent six hours on the weekend or so figuring out how to get the data requests working, lol, >_<.

My source as is (from this release) I've not tried to compile, but I get a fair few missing include errors including the XML dependencies just from poking around (red squiggle lines of death). Do you have a guide on building the source, including the libs/dependencies?

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@Flyer8472 I thought people would like it :) and I'm a fan of trying to make things others haven't yet, even if just for experimenting and learning :D.

THIS project definetly would need more attention i guess :D i am in this for the same reasons too(i also want to make a server where you get Zen points with rewards, and you would not need to make pay to win services :D EG: you will have to earn ZEN with levelup OR with mob kill that is my other project, i found where should i put the code, now my only problem is the zen point adding when you kill a mob/boss... i dont know the variable name XD

Making accounts in the browser is done so far, as well as the other things I mentioned. The accounts do work in game also. Spent six hours on the weekend or so figuring out how to get the data requests working, lol, >_<.

Oh that is nice :D I AM intrested in this as i said, it is adding subscription too? Just becouse you always need to give manually from the browser

My source as is (from this release) I've not tried to compile, but I get a fair few missing include errors including the XML dependencies just from poking around (red squiggle lines of death). Do you have a guide on building the source, including the libs/dependencies?

There is the Star Trek online guide for it, it is basicly the VERY SAME :D It includes the compile/dependencies all you wanna know... also there is an uploaded video in the addons how to compile this if i recall clear...

SO.. what is works with STO it works with NWO too... If i remember correctly the dependencies is VS2010+VS2010SP1 + WIN7 SDK there for you will need WIN7 SDK for compile any more dependencies... IDK not remembering anything else... So it is only compiling well on Windows 7 systems..(i had no luck on Win8.1 and 10...)

Last edited:
Reaction score

Flyer8472 fallenfate

Look at the Gateway (Written in JS for Node). The gateway is written with intercommunication, so this should be the first look at. Since it requires you to login, and it displays the current status of your workers.

Totally forgot about the fact that the gateway server exists lol.

You shouldn't. If you follow my guide that I've written on how to compile it, it all should work well :D and without issues. Just takes a long time to compile.

// This module encapsulates all the basic handshaking and framing needed to
// handle a Cryptic prototcol connection. This is useful for talking to
// Cryptic servers.
:)

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@GigaToni Damn, I don't know NodeJS haha, hmm... well, I guess I can learn :). Thanks for the heads up, I might eventually be able to do something via Node to send mail :p. Just found the client.sendCommand() function which SHOULD let me send the Gateway commands.

At least now I shouldn't need to touch GS source after all, lol.

Taken a look at some things Node-related, fortunately it isn't much different to JS itself and/or jQuery and I've been doing it for 8 years now, so I don't envision many issues besides learning how it uses JS, how the packages relate to the server calls and how I can get the server to read them and play ball :).

@GigaToni I see in the past you got your Gateway server up and running. Can I ask how? Just want to run it past you.

I've run build.bat, I'm assuming I now need to look at how to port over the game, login and minigame folders into my local node install and access it via 127.0.0.1:3000 or whatever? I've changed the ipsTrusted config to this local IP since the game runs off it, I figured it will too. Would I then need to configure the node server to change ports to the default_gatewayserver_port of 6900?

Reaction score

Yeah Node is just JS :)

About the gateway, I didn't do anything special tbh, the only thing I had missing was there is a server specifically for intercommunication, (Gatewayserver or nodeserver something like that).

You don't need to change anything, just build it and then run it =)

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score

GigaToni Yep, I've seen that, sweet, I love JS :D. Though, I've not actually 'run' a Node server before, haha. I'll just try running the node.exe that's in the folder there. I initially planned to install Node myself, take their node_modules and run npm to install them to the server, then it should be accessible via the IP I designate 'somewhere', which I haven't figured out yet? Anyway, will see how far I get just running their node.exe.

Reaction score

If you want, contact me via PM and sent me your skype or discord or something. Then when you're online we can look together, since I already did it on my local server.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score

GigaToni I will have to PM you tomorrow, finish work in 8 hours and got plans tonight :(. Will definitely take you up on your offer though, watch for a PM in the next day or so. I appreciate the assistance!

Once I get it up and running and can understand how it actually fires the functions to the node server, and broadcasts those to GameServer it should be a bit more clear where I need to start looking. Maybe.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

A slight memo from me, regarding the binning/loading speeds... I am currently using this source in a VMWARE sytem /win 2012R2 server and for some reason; it is loading faster than ever, i dunno why... i just thought this would be intresting, that this source is LOVES the VMWARE 3D videocard(Shared Driver with 256 Shared memory, comes with ESXI basic settings) aaand for some reason it calculates shaders VERY VERY fast(the same method on the same system w/o vmware was about the 4X if not the 6X slower on the current speed) and the result is good, so no errors... Suprising, thing but i am happy with it... XD so i thought i will share here my results, maybe it will help others...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Is it just me or there are is no Valindra's map resources leading to the competition of the MODule 2?!

Basically there's only "Prk_Dungeon_Az_Dr_Valindras_Tower_Epic.mission" which doesn't do much without proper .queue file.

Is the .queue file generated somehow afterwards when the mission goal is met?

I've searched entire Az_Dr for Valindra's quests and I couldn't find much even though there are the keys leading to the quest itself.

While at it, I've also managed to make the Malabog's Castle appear in the Queue list because it wasn't showing before.
Sadly, I can't do the same for any Valindra map.

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

No, you are not mistaken :D There is no .queue files for that. Queue files are not generating, they are exists; or not. Or you could write them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

If there are resources (maps, texture, functions etc) I could write a .queue and connect the nods between the smaller maps. I've seen that Valindra's functions are all present and working power-wise.

I'll try to finish the mission by a command, though, if I can't get it done normally.

Edit : Well, I just hit the command "MissionAddAllPerks"

That was fun for the ear.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So I'm looking forward to change the HP value of some critters/mobs, but unfortunately I'm unable to do it.

Any tips how to change them or a hint towards a specific file?

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Only thing I can think of is how the database is local, but interacted with via RPC calls, so maybe you could try to make calls to modify the details? Unfortunately the only way I can imagine that being possible to figure out is investigating the Gateway server more, and we didn't manage to get beyond the initial web page for Gateway. We think it's because the game wasn't running a shard and we didn't know how to either, as it seemed like some files might be missing. Big props to GigaToni for helping it get that far :).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

It's probably in the "script" files of the critter.
I'm currently doing a search which goes quite thoroughly with variables of the critters with the software UltraSearch.
Each critter I've found is using a three specific powerdefs allowing to change certain things, which are then read from a .bin file.
There isa critterDef.bin and DevCritterDef.bin
The variables I'm interested in are set in a manner of registry numbers as seen here for the Fire_Elemental
Code:
Fielddata        {            Fieldname <&.Crittervars["-469919936"]&>            Type ADD            Newvalue "<&\r\n{\r\n    Key -469919936\r\n    Order 1.000000\r\n\r\n    Var Voicegroup\r\n        Type STRING\r\n        Stringval Elemental_Fire_Voice\r\n    End\r\n}\r\n&>"        }        Fielddata        {            Fieldname <&.Powerconfigs["-469919935"]&>            Type ADD            Newvalue "<& Elemental_Fire_Melee\r\n{\r\n    Key -469919935\r\n    Order 5.000000\r\n\r\n    Aipowerconfigdefinst\r\n    {\r\n        Absweight 2.000000\r\n        MaxDist 9.000000\r\n    }\r\n    MinLevel 0\r\n}\r\n&>"        }        Fielddata        {            Fieldname <&.Powerconfigs["-469919936"]&>            Type ADD            Newvalue "<& Elemental_Fire_Jab\r\n{\r\n    Key -469919936\r\n    Order 4.000000\r\n\r\n    Aipowerconfigdefinst\r\n    {\r\n        MaxDist 9.000000\r\n    }\r\n    MinLevel 0\r\n}\r\n&>"        }        Fielddata        {            Fieldname <&.Powerconfigs["1954390464"].Addpowerrequiresblock&>            Newvalue <&\r\n{\r\n\r\n    Statement "(CritterTeamSizeAtSpawn(EntGetOwner(GetMyEnt())) = 5) OR (CritterTeamSizeAtSpawn(GetMyEnt()) = 5)"\r\n}\r\n&>        }

I figure that searching some of those variables will lead me to the actual file where the potential Health variables could be stored in some arbitrary fashion. If not, then I guess that I'll need to search even deeper in order to find the actual variable for the health.

I will be using a battlelog software designed for several MMOs which will allow me to get all the necessary info on the boss/mobs which I'm fighting against. Since pretty much everything is stored in a manner of decimals (i.e. 1.0 = 100%) finding the actual number of the HP will be kind of hard, more so if it's encrypted with something which seems to be the case.

I'm hoping to find a modulator of some kind that will allow the changes to the health variable so that I don't have to change the integral files altogether, and then in each file for each specific critter from the tree in "template_thisandthat" definitions. For instance every dragon gets costume vars from a .template and .bin stored in the .encounter. It's like a pyramid of files and definitions.
Since I'm not getting a return of any script to the numbers provided, they're obviously encrypted.

EDIT : I figure that I'll need to convert the .Bin to XML (as you suggested Toni since RSS > XML practically), but changing any of the hashed numbers will result in an alternate state which might not load at all. It's practically updating the game without an updater?! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

So it is possible to play with a friend with this files? And all he need to do is change the host files? And does he need my LAN-IP or my Public IP to connect?

And does anyone know how to add VIP to the ZEN store or where can i get myself VIP access?

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Yes, and yes, however it is not so simple, check the tutorials.

As for the VIP: never needed sooo..., all i needed before was the zen points... :\

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

My Friend is now joining via my Public IP. He played a little time after that he got kicked from the Server and then he couldnt connect to the server again

it says server not responding
do you know what is going on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back