Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

I never get this type of error descriptions... Man; It is not working like that how should i know what is wrong with YOUR network?!?! It could be your network setup, router or even the global warming effect... How should we know?? Details, details!!! You cant be serious...
also, i might shot in the dark, so I will go hypotethical now... but try this:

He was played OK in your server(that means enter game, play few levels ect...)?

Just becouse if he did; and IF the problem is currently: He can login to character screen but cant get back ingame, but for you it is working, you can login enter ingame; then:

He need to make an as i call it "UNSTUCK" character... it is a small error in the server, when it not letting your character back on ingame... so, you make a new character, enter game, wait for ingame, logoff, and change character, then it will work again.. thats all, it is strange, but i dunno what it causes it, but it will fix it temporary... Keep the unstuck character and dont play with it just keep it for cases like this... it happens sometimes, i was unable to determine a cause, but it will always fix that problem... but only if it caused by this error...

Added this bug into the main post.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Holy poop bro haha i didnt knew this error isnt known

Okay look, the Details:

First of all wie tried to connect via my LAN IPV4. For me it works but for him not - i dont know why but it does not work. (no connection to gameserver)
After we tried this, i told him he should connect via my Public IP which i got from wieistmeineip.de. That worked in the beginning.
But after he created his Char and played the Quest at the beginning he needs to fasttravel to Battle of the Bridge and if he does that, he got disconnected from the Server with the Error: Connection to Gameserver lost. And if he wanna join again ingame he gets the Error: server not responding and thats it. He cant reconnect after this.

PS: If i connect via my LAN IPv4 i can play without problems. BUT if i connect via my Public IP i get the same Error as my Friend.
I guessed its a Port problem but i dont know, which i need to open.

Are these Details enough ? Thanks for your Reply and sorry for my bad english, but im from switzerland haha

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hmmm well it is strange, however; he edited the hosts file to connect? the client itself is not enough, he need to edit hosts file too, so he need to add the lines his hosts file too to your public server ip (host name not works only ip currently... :\ when you use public domain name it is hectic) i do not know this much becouse i always used VPN for everyone, and it was worked, but it can be done only via IP... Also you need to port forward a bunch of ports in your router... :\ Check the source for port list, it is different than the original game...

If you edit only the client ip in client launcher; not the hosts file; you only get to character creation screen.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes we edited his Host files. The 3 Lines with gameserver we changed to my Lan v4ip.
In the Client we added my Public IP to connect because he cant connect via my Lan v4 IP.
But if he connects to ingame - after selecting his char it says could not connect to gameserver.
The thing with the Unstuck char we also tried but he cant get ingame.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ Keiko123

About those power/feat points... there's a file in the defs\powervars folder named "Powers.powertable". In it you'll find a ton of value tables including PlayerPowerPoints, StatPoints, FeatPoints, FeatPoints_Heroic, FeatPoints_Paragon.

I haven't done much messing with them myself, but you may be able to figure out how they work (if you haven't already been there and done that...).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@ Keiko123

About those power/feat points... there's a file in the defs\powervars folder named "Powers.powertable". In it you'll find a ton of value tables including PlayerPowerPoints, StatPoints, FeatPoints, FeatPoints_Heroic, FeatPoints_Paragon.

I haven't done much messing with them myself, but you may be able to figure out how they work (if you haven't already been there and done that...).

Huh? Right. Yes, I've seen those already. My current issue that I've stopped working on is regarding the HP values of the critters. I'd like to buff'em up a bit since I've changed some spells to be more interesting (and team-friendly) but turns out that me and the team are too much for the critters / mobs. Changing power defs of critters/mobs is harder, of course, since they're inter-connected by various variables and power definitions, some of which are repeated, so messing with one may show up an error on another one.

So far I'm completely fine playing as a purple Knoxx who casts Steal Time and flies around the Castle Neverwinter. Good times.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a question. When I create a new account, it always has an access level "Access_Debug". What can I do to ensure that accounts always have access level "Access_User"? Tnx

----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you did reset the db's, in that case; If you are creating Account with ID 1 it will be always Debug/admin account, it is hardcoded, even if you are change it; it will change back. if you are creating account id larger than 1(2,3,.... ect ct) it will be normal account... also you can change them to normal user in db editor.

you can correct this in source files, however in that case you will need to recompile...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So the login-server is probably transmitting the wrong ip then.

Tried running the game in dev mode and looking at the IP ? (In dev mode the client shows the IP as: Connecting to gameserver: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:XXXX)

How to start the client in dev mode?

Reaction score
How to start the client in dev mode?

Taken from my old thread information

****NOTE****
When you log into the game with the first 2 accounts.
They are auto-flagged as Dev accounts.
Every time you log into one of the 2 Dev accounts, you are Flagged as /accesslevel 9 <--- keep this in mind.
These 2 accounts should Not be used to play the game.
They should be used for testing purposes Only.
Create a 3rd account for yourself to play the game properly.

It is Very important to Not use the Dev accounts to play the game.
Or at the very least. Log into the game on the Dev account and type /accesslevel 0 in the "console" window.

ONLY use the Dev account /accesslevel 9 "temporarily" while typing administrative / Dev commands.
Then inside the console window - put your account back to /accesslevel 0 (IE Regular Player).
**Note**
If you fail to follow these instructions you will see a lot of console errors / warnings. These are related to your using the Dev account which is configured for Development Mode NOT Production Mode.
**Warning**
If you ignored what is written and post Bug or Help requests based on Dev Console pop-up errors. Your post will be Deleted.

This is all I'm going to write in regards to the request.
Find the support documentation SanGawku posted in the MMO Extra Release section

BuHTuK
I'm done editing the post bro.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can see below where "production" is used.

This is all I'm going to write in regards to the request.
Find the support documentation SanGawku posted in the MMO Extra Release section

BuHTuK
I'm done editing the post bro.
Tnx! I see only one difference in the startup parameters, this is "-setGlobalChatServer code". Right? It is strange of course, but how it will help to run the client in the dev mode?

Reaction score
Tnx! I see only one difference in the startup parameters, this is "-setGlobalChatServer code". Right? It is strange of course, but how it will help to run the client in the dev mode?

I did not say to "use" that shortcut. I said "look at it as an EXAMPLE" if you plan on running in "dev" mode.
***This meant that the "shortcut" or the MCP settings could be "modified" to fit your needs. Not to go off on some wild editing spree without grasping that fact.***
:0)

Alternative method below.
Open your MCPDynamicSettings.txt file found in folder: C:\Night\localdata\server\

Development mode client launched from the MCP (MASTER CONTROL PANEL):
Change the "production mode" CLIENT ContainerType to "development mode"

FIND:
Production snippet
Code:
Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CLIENT
	Autolaunchbuttonchecked 1
 	Commandline "-productionMode -showfps 0 -hidedevui 1 -showCamPos 0 -ShowLessAnnoyingAccessLevelWarning 1"
}

REPLACE:
Development snippet
Code:
Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CLIENT
	Commandline "-showfps 0 -hidedevui 1 -showCamPos 0 -ShowLessAnnoyingAccessLevelWarning 1"
}

Launch the CLIENT from the MCP (MASTER CONTROL PANEL)

If you break it or aren't satisfied with the answer. Real sorry, it's on you now.

- - - Updated - - -

Another way you can use the client to modify maps.
***BE DAYUM CAREFUL, you'll most likely mess up testing this anyhow***

Editing maps you WILL be running the server in a DEVELOPMENT MODE --NOT PRODUCTION--
Reset the MCPDynamicSettings.txt file to the "production version" when you finish and wish to bring the server back up in PRODUCTION MODE

Example of this was done during modifying Epic Spellplague Caverns map:

For those wanting the settings file to work with maps:
Make Backups prior to following this. You will screw up as you get familiar with the editors.
Make sure you search for the editor tutorial section of the doc uploaded by
SanGawku

1. Save the code in the following code block to C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings_use_editors.txt
Code:
{

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CONTROLLER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Autolaunchbuttonchecked 0
	Commandline "-AllowShardVersionMismatch 1"
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType LAUNCHER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType LOGSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType TRANSACTIONSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType OBJECTDB
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType MAPMANAGER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType LOGINSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType GAMESERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CLIENT
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType MULTIPLEXER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType ACCOUNTSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType ACCOUNTPROXYSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType TEAMSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType LEADERBOARDSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType AUCTIONSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CURRENCYEXCHANGESERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType GUILDSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CHATSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Commandline "-setGlobalChatServer code -LocalOnlyMode 0"
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CHATRELAY
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Commandline "-setGlobalChatServer code"
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType GLOBALCHATSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType QUEUESERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType JOBMANAGER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType BCNMASTERSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType BCNCLIENTSENTRY
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType UGCDATAMANAGER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType UGCSEARCHMANAGER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType RESOURCEDB
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType SERVERBINNER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType CLIENTBINNER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Commandline "-nameSpaceForClient Night -noaudio"
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType WEBREQUESTSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType GROUPPROJECTSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType LOGPARSER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Forcehideservertype 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType TESTSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Forcehideservertype 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType GATEWAYSERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Forcehideservertype 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType TEXTURESERVER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Forcehideservertype 1
}

Containerdynamicinfo
{
	ContainerType GATEWAYLOGINLAUNCHER
	Hidebuttonchecked 1
	Forcehideservertype 1
}

Artisttooldynamicinfo
{
}

Artisttooldynamicinfo
{
	Toolnum 1
}

Artisttooldynamicinfo
{
	Toolnum 2
}

Artisttooldynamicinfo
{
	Toolnum 3
}

Artisttooldynamicinfo
{
	Toolnum 4
}
Globalcommandline " -SetProductName Night NW -SetShardCategory Live -SetShardName Neverwinter -MTCategory Live -ShardName Neverwinter -ShardCategory Live -controllerHost code -SetAccountServer code -SetTicketTracker code -SetShardBeaconMasterServer code -SetControllerTracker code"
Mapnameforgameserver Emptymap
Gameservermodificationtimelasttimemadeschemas 1447360403
Servertypeconfig all
}
***Make sure you "saved" a copy before you delete MCPDynamicSettings.txt in the next step***
2. You'll need to (save a copy and then delete) C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings.txt
3. Make a Copy of C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings_use_editors.txt into the same folder C:\Night\localdata\server
4. Rename the Copied file to C:\Night\localdata\server\MCPDynamicSettings.txt
5. Start up your C:\Night\tools\bin\_0_MCP.bat
6. Click "Baffling Complex Mode" button
7. Click the Big "N" button
8. Once all services are started, launch the Client from the MCP
9. Once you log in, you'll select a map from the drop down list
10. While In-Game you'll use Ctrl-E to bring up the Editors.

Notes:
These are your live & test maps. Even test maps are used for Live data, so be sure you restore from your backup after playing around.
Your files will 99.9% (until you get familiar) get corrupted or improper information saved while examining the editors functionality.
There will be slight to drastic lag events as you are still loading a live map while being able to load editors over the top.

This is a far cry from a detailed tutorial on accessing the editors.
There are a large number of keyboard shortcuts, ways to unlock maps for editing, etc...
You are going to have to start the journey on your own, it really is an extremely large topic.

BuHTuK added a little more to the post

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
SMALL TUTORIAL
by Keiko123
(UPDATE1)

Personal note

I’ve ran a test with the given files by Flyer8472 flawlessly. The files will be referred to as “REPACK” in the further tutorial.
I’ve spent countless hours managing the server-related files and altering certain lines of text the way I saw fit to solve certain issues without altering the state of the server in the development options.
I’m sure that more is achieved through the development editor; however I’ve felt that it’s a longer process and demands a constant trial and error with files which are quite large and time consuming.
If you give yourself enough time to learn and evaluate the development editor you are bound to make a server to your own liking. This tutorial is solely focused on managing the server that Flyer8472 delivered to all of us and bear in mind that he used it for a period of time himself, proving that the repack is bound to work.

The following tutorial considers that you possess the bare minimum of computer knowledge and that you are able to follow the instructions without skipping a thing or two, unless it’s written otherwise or entitled as “optional”.
This tutorial also considers that you understand the terminology of the phrases such as “client”, “repack”, “server”, “console”, “SSD & HDD” and so forth. If you do not understand something then freely to ask in the topic and someone will answer to you. I’ll visit once or twice on a weekly basis, although I can’t promise that due to the personal life and obligations in the coming months.

Let’s get to it, shall we?​

INSTALLATION

Requirements:

The PC specs I’ve used in testing and running the server and client at the same time are as follows:

• - CPU : AMD FX-83508core 4Ghz
  • - RAM : 8Gb (also 16Gb)
  • - GPU : AMD Radeon HD 5670 1GbDDR5 (You can try going lower than this GPU, but I wouldn't advise it.)

The server files and clients have been test ran on a SSD and HDD, both on C:/partition only, as well as other partitions, too! Each time it worked flawlessly.

Note: Bear in mind that repack contains the “src” folder which is used for extracting the original core files and is meant for those who’re code-friendly and want to learn stuff about the server’s architecture. The “src” folder is completely optional for extracting. If your goal is to play the game as soon as possible it is the best if you leave the “src” folder aside. In simpler terms, do not extract it.

STEPS FOR INSTALLATION:

1. Download the files

Download the given repack from the link in the first post in the topic.

Note: Files are pretty big for the current PC standard so consider that it might take some time to finalize the process of unpacking.

2. Unpack the files

Unpack Nclient-20151111-UPDATED.part1.rar and Night-20151111-UPDATED-FIXED.part1.rar to your chosen partition. When it finishes extracting, you will see two folders named

-Night
-NClient

Note: Make sure to have around 50 GB to 60 GB free at the bare minimum on your SSD/HDD partition!

3. Alter the hosts file

Leave the unpacked files for the time being and proceed to alter the windows host file located by default in “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
Right-click on the “hosts” and choose to edit it with a notepad (or other text editor of your preference).
Proceed to add these lines into the hosts file

192.168.0.12 code

192.168.0.12 code_server

192.168.0.12 code_game_server

127.0.0.1 crypticstudios.com

127.0.0.1 jira.crypticstudios.com

127.0.0.1 errortracker.crypticstudios.com

127.0.0.1 code.crypticstudios.com

127.0.0.1 local.host

127.0.0.1 errortracker.local.host

127.0.0.1 jira.local.host

127.0.0.1 code.local.host

Then save your hosts file as just “hosts” (don't add .txt on its end).

Note:
Don't put “#” in front of the numbers that you're adding.

Note: My LAN IP is 192.168.0.12. You can check yours by running the Start > cmd

Type “ipconfig” (without the quotes).
A list will appear. Look for the IPV4 address and use the IP address listed there.

Optional Note: You can completely turn off the internet and play alone if that is what you wish to do. Instead of the usual IPV4 IP you may put 127.0.0.1. In fact, I URGE YOU to do so just in order to have the first TEST run.

Important Note: Upon starting the game client a GUI prompt will open asking you to input the IP of your preference, be it a localhost (127.0.0.1) or LAN (192.168.0.12)

4. STARTING THE SERVER

Note: when you start the Server for the first time there will be a lot of prompts asking for your permission to run many different sever-based processes. Shortly put - services ask to join the home network which you should allow.

a) Go to Night > Tools > bin and start the _0 _ MCP.bat
Allow many different processes to run, they will run in CMD format, with closing down approximately 30 sec after finishing the important service oriented jobs.
Bear in mind that you will also get a small GUI window that will have a big Orange-Red letter N button and also the “Bafflingly complex mode” button down below it in the popping window.

b) It will take around 1-2 minutes after the _0 _ MCP.bat started; you want to click on the “Bafflingly complex mode”. This will expand the GUI of the “MasterControlProgram”. Here you can see all the server-based processes as well as get a confirmation whether they're running or if they are ready. This is highly important so pay close attention!

c) In the “Bafflingly complex mode” of the “MasterControlProgram” you will notice many processes and each of them possesses a checkbox as well as areas showing the status of the processes. You will need “GameServer” and “Client” processes under the “Do not auto-launch” checkbox! You want to have the rest of the server-based processes on the “Hidden” checkbox. When you're sure that everything is ready and that the hosts file is properly made, you may run the big orange-red N button which will start processes accordingly.

d) After you start it what follows is that many server-based processes will show a confirmation that they are “Running” or are “Ready”. Wait until all of them, except the “GameServer” and “Client”, are ready!
The only one that won't show “Ready” is the ObjectDB, which is completely fine. The Transaction server will state “connected”, which is yet again ok and you shouldn't worry about it.
Now, press “GameServer” button (not the “” button nor the “!!!” button). You will see that it's loading stuff like German translation, costumes etc, all in pretty much 0.00 sec.

Note: Wait until it says Server ready (5.4s loadtime) (time loading will vary from machine to machine, also It'd be good if the server's on a SSD or even m.2 if you have it, although it's not necessary). After it's done, you will have the two icons on active taskbar, one is a green-blue “!” and other is the black-green “S”. It's time, now, to start the ADMIN panel.

5. ADMIN PANEL IN THE BROWSER

Getting the admin/owned/dev privilege

Note: The goal here is to start a browser of your choice (Firefox, Chrome) or the software which allows php browsing.

a) Type in your browser without the quotes: “127.0.0.1:8090” and hit Enter. If you did everything correctly in the previous steps the page will load with information and the availability for navigation through the panel.
You will see “Account Server”.

Note: Here, you may see many stuff which are server-based and also add ZEN if you so choose.

b) Navigate to “
- Account name: “peter
- New Password: type here your new password for the account
- Confirm New Password: repeat the process of typing the new password
Then navigate to the “
Under the "Account ID" type “1” (numeric “one”) and hit "View Account"
Then go to the small letters [Server monitor] and enter there. Under “STRUCT > Commands” navigate to the "Change Personal Info", you'll get First name, last name and email info changing options.
Change to your preference. It will change the “peter” name into something else that you input instead.

6. Starting the CLIENT GAME

Go to “Nclient > Neverwinter.exe” primarily and exceptionally!
Do not start the GameClient!
Start only Neverwinter.exe!

If you did it correctly, you will get a Window where you choose the IP for the game to connect to the server. Type the same server IP that you're using from the STEP 3 of this tutorial.

Note: When the game is loading for the first time, it will take MORE time than usual, and will ask you to configure few parameters here and there.

Optional: If the Client does not recognize your Account login and password when you enter them, exit the Client and go to the MCP's “Bafflingly complex mode”. Hit “Full reset”, and then repeat the STEP 4. After that, try again the STEP 6.
Note: You might see a few characters from the previous owner of the Server repack, but that is okay. The Guardian Fighter is already the guild-master with items ready in the guild-bank (usually stones and whatnot). You can create your own character anew.

Important note: When you start the game as the GM level character in the top corner you will notice the red letters which usually do not appear when you play the game originally. This indicates your access level (for instance ACCESS LEVEL 9).

Congratulations, your server and client are fully operational!
This completes the basic tutorial for the server and client function.

Reactions: DNC
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Added Keiko123's thread link to the main post, if anyone have any questions regarding to how to use this relase and stuff, go there :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i try to log with a character it says server not responding and kick me back to log in screen here is the screenshot

edit: silly me localhost didn't work so i tried lan ip and it did work

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone here can help me ?
if im in loading screen i get disconnected from game server

This is there error that i get:

171109 21:37:38 1 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

i hope someone can help :/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was looking around and found those files. It's been a while since I've played NW (2013?) Not sure. I've downloaded it and running it local its quit awesome.

Who still plays NV of you guys?

Maybe some of you remember my name from a different forum-board or even of those PServers I've developed on, however.. Im quite familiar with programming and Networks etc, but what I don't get is the database system. I do understand SQL but I never saw a database in a own .hogg file.

However, Im not sure if somebody of you figured out how to extract / reimport those hogg files so in case you need:

in case you heard about it: im Sorry

Last edited:
----
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was looking around and found those files. It's been a while since I've played NW (2013?) Not sure. I've downloaded it and running it local its quit awesome.

Who still plays NV of you guys?

Maybe some of you remember my name from a different forum-board or even of those PServers I've developed on, however.. Im quite familiar with programming and Networks etc, but what I don't get is the database system. I do understand SQL but I never saw a database in a own .hogg file.

However, Im not sure if somebody of you figured out how to extract / reimport those hogg files so in case you need:

in case you heard about it: im Sorry

Well for me, the reimport part would be intresting but not for this, i would like to edit compiled hogg files in STO, i was played with NWO for a very long time in lan (with this relase) but not anymore, i would like to edit an sto source, but DNC's source is quite big and sluggish on any machine. i have an other version (from here too) but that one not included the source, only the hogg files, but that relase is a waay more faster version, its just i cant edit it... :\ Maybe with this tool perhaps...? XD I dont think this is decompiling, its just extracting for the most i presume...?

Also: The database, decompiling is not required, becouse the system has its own manager system... my guess it that Cryptic uses his own SQL/SQlite like encoded database... i dunno...

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see.

Yes it should be possible to extract/import those files with QuickBMS larger than 4GB.

You'd need to open quick-bmx.exe, select "hogg.bms" trought it then navigate to the compiled .hogg file, select it and then select output folder. It should extract, may it take some time.

The same way but with "reimport.batch" file to pack them again

Since hogg.bms is specific for Cryptic-Studio-files. tried it now and the "data" folder worked so far in NWO, however it comes to another problem, since in the Hogg-Files are encrypted "PAK" files :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back