Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor)

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm being dumb for misunderstanding, but I'm having a hard time understanding how to even begin setting this up. I've read this thread over and over, I've read the documents included. I have Ubuntu installed on VirtualBox, but I don't understand how to even begin setting up the server.

Thank you for releasing the resources to do this, and thank you to everyone who has contributed in sharing their experiences to teach others. However, is there a detailed guide explaining what to do?

Hi and WELCOME to RaGEZONE!!

When I get some time next week, I promise to post a small guide on how to setup Nobel files with his configs "One map and mobs".

Have a nice weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------UPDATED 1/5/2018-----------------------------------------------------
Here is a guide i made for everyone.

Nexus Mini guide with ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32bit) By: DevilSpeak

1. Install ubuntu clean (base & ssh server) only.
2. Install requirement package

sudo apt-get update &&

sudo apt-get upgrade
apt-get install build-essential

sudo apt-get install gcc make gdb

sudo apt-get install liblua-5.1

sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev libmysqlcppconn-dev libmysqld-dev libmysql++-devapt-get install liblua5.1-0-dev liblua50-dev liblualib50-dev

3. sudo apt-get install mysql-server

4.Install Apache

sudo apt-get install apache2

4.a Install PHP
sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

4.b Check Apache

Open a web browser and navigate to . You should see a message saying It works!

4.c Check PHP
php -r 'echo "\n\nYour PHP installation is working fine.\n\n\n";'

4.d Install PhP Admin

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin

5. Transfer server files over to your new linux server via winscp.

5.b Make sure files have correct permissions.

Create db & user mysql

6. Restore mithia.sql

7. Edit conf

7.a compile server after ANY changes to server.

Enter "make all" in terminal. (without quotes)

8. Start server enter this in your terminal
./login-server &./save-server &./char-server &./map-server

There it is a simple guide to install your nexus server on ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32bit).
I will edit/update this as time allows.

Credits: @Nobel and all who were involved in this release.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yay, thanks alot for the tutorial devilspeak, also DarkAlucard who always replying the questions. I will post the tutorial how to manage this server using cygwin on windows 10 at 1st page soon.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

When I get some time next week, I promise to post a small guide on how to setup Nobel files with his configs "One map and mobs".

Have a nice weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------UPDATED 1/5/2018-----------------------------------------------------

sudo apt-get update &&

sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev libmysqlcppconn-dev libmysqld-dev libmysql++-devapt-get install liblua5.1-0-dev liblua50-dev liblualib50-dev

4.Install Apache

4.a Install PHP

4.b Check Apache

4.c Check PHP

4.d Install PhP Admin

Create db & user mysql

6. Restore mithia.sql

7. Edit conf

There it is a simple guide to install your nexus server on ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32bit).

Thanks so much for taking the time to write up a tutorial! I'm running through it as we speak. I'm a bit new to this and just wanted to make a private server for a group of friends and eventually grow it, so I'll apologize ahead of time if I have any questions that might be dumb.

Yay, thanks alot for the tutorial devilspeak, also DarkAlucard who always replying the questions. I will post the tutorial how to manage this server using cygwin on windows 10 at 1st page soon.

Thank you, too! I look forward to seeing your tutorial!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Have a nice weekend.

sudo apt-get update &&

sudo apt-get upgrade

4.Install Apache

4.a Install PHP

4.b Check Apache

4.c Check PHP

4.d Install PhP Admin

Create db & user mysql

6. Restore mithia.sql

7. Edit conf

Thank you so much for writing up a tutorial! I'm running through it as we speak. I don't have too much experience dealing with Linux/Ubuntu, so all of this is a learning experience for me. If I have any questions, please forgive me ahead of time if they're dumb.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your tutorial as well. Thank you both for all of your help!

Reaction score
Thank you so much for writing up a tutorial! I'm running through it as we speak. I don't have too much experience dealing with Linux/Ubuntu, so all of this is a learning experience for me. If I have any questions, please forgive me ahead of time if they're dumb.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing your tutorial as well. Thank you both for all of your help!

Im happy you are able to set it up. If you like it please press like and rep if you would be so kind.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Im happy you are able to set it up. If you like it please press like and rep if you would be so kind.

I haven't fully gotten it set up yet. Trying to figure out all of the SQL stuff in Ubuntu is taking some time, but liked and repped anyway. ?????? You've still been a big help.

I haven't fully gotten it set up yet. Trying to figure out all of the SQL stuff in Ubuntu is taking some time, but liked and repped anyway.

Reaction score
I haven't fully gotten it set up yet. Trying to figure out all of the SQL stuff in Ubuntu is taking some time, but liked and repped anyway. ������ You've still been a big help.

I haven't fully gotten it set up yet. Trying to figure out all of the SQL stuff in Ubuntu is taking some time, but liked and repped anyway.

Any issues, Id be more than happy to help.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does anyone have a code change fix for the WPE issue with clients after NexusTK712single.exe? I would really prefer to use the latest clients when testing our own content and changes ...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Just a quick answer from my old note
/*if ((sd->PrevSeed == 0 && sd->NextSeed == 0 && CurrentSeed == 0)
|| ((sd->PrevSeed || sd->NextSeed) && CurrentSeed != sd->NextSeed)) {
char RegStr[] = "WPEtimes";
char AlertStr[32] = "";
int WPEtimes = 0;

sprintf(AlertStr, "Packet editing of 0x%X detected", RFIFOB(fd, 3));
clif_Hacker(sd->status.name, AlertStr);
WPEtimes = pc_readglobalreg(sd, RegStr) + 1;
pc_setglobalreg(sd, RegStr, WPEtimes);
session[sd->fd]->eof = 14;
return 0;

//Commenting this line around 9769 in clif.c, but this is make server vulnerable v7.12 Nobel, Feb 2016.
}*/

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Nobel. I do have a few questions though. Line 9769 calls out packet 0x19. Is this the packet that is triggered by the false WPE? My map server window is showing 0x5 and when I scroll to that part in Clif.c I am seeing the code you replied with located at line 9638.

line_9769.JPG - Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor) - RaGEZONE Forums code_wpe.JPG - Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor) - RaGEZONE Forums wpe_map.JPG - Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor) - RaGEZONE Forums

Edited: I may have misunderstood you. I thought the code you provided was the "fix" for the WPE issue. For now I have commented that part out and have the client 7.49 working. Maybe someone can provide input for a fix as well as the additional packets which are not defined in the code.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Does anyone have a fix for the map read error (areas in green displayed as black in-game) shown down below? I think I am using the latest map editor version. The version i am using can also be seen down below in the screenshot.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Those are maps that weren't fully Explored in the base game. The TK.map files your working with are files that are saved to the computer, it just means the player didnt fully walk Everywhere on the map before converting them to editable .map files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense. Although I did see one small room that should have fully rendered on the client computer.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have played NexusTK at least 10 years ago. I don't even know how or why I got there, but hey, this game was my very first MORPG and I feel kind of nostalgic about it.

I followed DevilSpeak's tutorial (on page 10) under Ubuntu LTS 12.04 x32. It went well and I finally fixed all the errors until I got the server working.

But now I'm stuck with the 7.49 client, which is a pain in the butt to configure with the ddraw.dll matter, and I can't find the 7.03 anymore. Any chance someone got a link ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have played NexusTK at least 10 years ago. I don't even know how or why I got there, but hey, this game was my very first MORPG and I feel kind of nostalgic about it.

I followed DevilSpeak's tutorial (on page 10) under Ubuntu LTS 12.04 x32. It went well and I finally fixed all the errors until I got the server working.

But now I'm stuck with the 7.49 client, which is a pain in the butt to configure with the ddraw.dll matter, and I can't find the 7.03 anymore. Any chance someone got a link ?

Thanks !

7.09 is working fine with the server as is

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You made my day ! The 7.49 crashed again and again, I hope this version will work. Thank you very much !

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello , is there a way to disable the popup when we open the game , the popup that say Chronicle of mithia Yes or No , i can change the text in ddraw file with a hex editor , but is there a way to juste disable that popup and open game automatically when we press nexustk icon ?

Thanks alot

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello , is there a way to disable the popup when we open the game , the popup that say Chronicle of mithia Yes or No , i can change the text in ddraw file with a hex editor , but is there a way to juste disable that popup and open game automatically when we press nexustk icon ?

Thanks alot

Actually yes, but it requires some basic knowledge with Assembly to edit a compiled dll. Basiically you can use NOP codes to have it skip over where it calls MessageBoxA(). I already did this for mornatk if you want to grab the edited dll from them, then just hex it for your own server.

The alternative to this solution is to actually code a little exe and dll that can code inject into NexusTK, replacing the gethostbyname() call the game makes with your own function. I just recently did this after I decompiled ETK and figured out that is how they do theirs. I've already shared this technique with Runegard, utilizing a custom launcher, so you can expect to see that soon from them.

Lastly, I should mention that when I was with morna, they were the first to upgrade to the 7.49 client because of all the packet work I had to do to adjust for the new client. It is totally possible to have the base mithia source run the newer client if you know how to do some debugging with the different packets.

If you need any help with anything, PM me and I'll see if I can give you a hand.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks so much Xephor86 , i pm'ed you.

I got a question for anyone here. I have 1 Mob in my database. I went into my game and typed /mon 1 for like 20 time at a random spot , so now i got annoying squirrel at a place i dont want , and when i kill them , they respawn after 60 seconds . I tried to change spwntime in database to 0 , but they come back in 0 second when i kill them.. Is there a way to juste kill them and they never come back ?

Also another problem , and yea im stupid lol.. I wrote /mon XX ( a random number i dont remember ) And now i got 2 soldier walking so fast all around the city , i tried to kill them but they come back instantly , i think the problem is because i /mon a ID that doesn't exist in my database.. is there a way to get ride of this ?

Thanks alot

Reaction score
I got a question for anyone here. I have 1 Mob in my database. I went into my game and typed /mon 1 for like 20 time at a random spot , so now i got annoying squirrel at a place i dont want , and when i kill them , they respawn after 60 seconds . I tried to change spwntime in database to 0 , but they come back in 0 second when i kill them.. Is there a way to juste kill them and they never come back ?

Also another problem , and yea im stupid lol.. I wrote /mon XX ( a random number i dont remember ) And now i got 2 soldier walking so fast all around the city , i tried to kill them but they come back instantly , i think the problem is because i /mon a ID that doesn't exist in my database.. is there a way to get ride of this ?

Thanks alot

1. To summon temporary mob you just need to make a lua script that call this command
player:spawn([num]id, [num]x, [num]y, [num]amount, [num]map)

2. Clear your spawn table

Back