Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    BaliLocation
    36Posts

Re: Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor)

Wow thanks so much dono, i'll try soon as i need to buy the complete linux package thought my con is slow, and i still try if it is runing on cygwin...
    [[SitiJenar]]

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    5Posts

So i got a server setup disabled registration and got the blank user an map setup all ready to go with the guidebut as soon as i try to login on the client i get a chaos has risen or something error.... im really stumped lol just messing around

MemberRank
    Jul 2014 Join Date
    1Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happyfeet Hax View Post
    So i got a server setup disabled registration and got the blank user an map setup all ready to go with the guidebut as soon as i try to login on the client i get a chaos has risen or something error.... im really stumped lol just messing around

Also messing around with this, but my knowledge is basically nil. You want to post the steps you used to get to that point?

MemberRank
    Jun 2006 Join Date
    6Posts

hello,
    can somebody help me..
    my clientserver cant connect to char server

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    5Posts

in the login.conf there's an option called require_reg : 1 change that to 0 To get past the Registration require part... After that I get a Chaos error.. I already plugged in 1 map into the database an did the required rows to start it off but im stuck now

MemberRank
    Jun 2006 Join Date
    6Posts

how do u add npc like tutorial?

MemberRank
    Jul 2014 Join Date
    4Posts

I was also able to figure out of the configuration up until the point where I too get chaos is rising up. I haven't inserted any map data yet though. Not sure how the maps link together or what values to specify in the mysql. Anyone have any points of reference? You can use VMware (Virtual machine) to setup Ubuntu if you don't have a second computer btw.. works like a charm.

SubscriberRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    Mistet minnerLocation
    306Posts

I have always wanted to get a Nexus server up and runnin, back in the day when RZ had a active section for it.
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f301/
    This was one of the main reasons I joined RaGEZONE back in early 2005.
    Last edited by DevilSpeak; 27-12-17 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Updated info.

MemberRank
    Jul 2014 Join Date
    4Posts

I would really like to get a server up and running. I have two brothers that also play NexusTK. I have been playing it since I was a young man (I'm currently 28). I have extensive knowledge in mysql and access database programming. I could even design a database to quickly add new maps, items, monsters, etc in a nice graphical interface.. The only problem I have is that the MySQL database file doesnt have any data in it within the files for the mithia emulator.. so I have no idea if I am entering the right values or not.

I got passed the part where people were getting chaos is rising messages when trying to log in.. but once I log in a character it gives me the loading dragon graphic twice, then makes the sound effect twice.. and it just hangs at that black screen with the dragon. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone gotten it to work passed that point?

MemberRank
    Jul 2014 Join Date
    4Posts

Update: So I have been able to play around with the server for a few weeks now. I have been able to fully log in and configure the game adding monsters, quests, npcs etc. Unfortunately there are a lot of areas that development was either not completed or was changed around in the core that requires programming or extensive re-working of code to fix or establish. For example; the leveling system is not fully configured.. meaning from the start you dont gain levels just exp when you kill things. The good news is that this system could be altered, and I was able to make a scripted leveling code--but TNL does not show properly and it is basic at best.

Secondly Base Might Will and Grace are not coded properly.. they are not reflected in your character sheet and altering them does not work in the game. I attempted to find where the disconnect of this is.. but even the MySQL database does not have columns that save the stats.. so I don't know what the thinking was or the plan behind this method.. Maybe the programmers for Mithia wanted might will and grace to only exist on weapons, but I find that strange because there initially was a script to properly grant the stats as a character leveled.

Beyond that there exists a few hiccups and although this build could result in a playable server.. it would most likely be easily hacked or bug abused. I found there to be a few other areas that were a mystery, like the right click function not properly showing stats of items/weapons/armor.. etc.

If there was someone willing to work with us with more programming knowledge that the server is customized in I would be willing to talk with them about how to set up a functioning server and address issues--but this may be too much for just one person to tackle.. unless any of the original programmers are willing to shed light on anything.

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    5Posts

Ok wow how did you do it? I've been trying for weeks with no results at all! If you want it to be a private matter then PM it to me.

MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    1Posts

Hi Lathender86, can you tell me how to setup it? Right now I'm at :
    finished compiling server & edit conf file.

after that, when I start char-server / map-server , it will give me an error.. Can you tell me how to make it work? PM is okay too :).

Thanks alot.

MemberRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    16Posts

install guide vidio please

MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    IndonesiaLocation
    36Posts

I've successfully run the server and the client
    Last edited by rinaldohehe; 19-10-14 at 10:19 AM.

MemberRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    5Posts

ok, now I succeed to use command "make" in cygwin, after that I got 4 server, all the servers status are ready.
    But why the map-server show "0 map loaded?" and,
    How to input the map to sql ?
    and about how to connect the client to the server?
    thanks.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Advertisement