Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I was also able to figure out of the configuration up until the point where I too get chaos is rising up. I haven't inserted any map data yet though. Not sure how the maps link together or what values to specify in the mysql. Anyone have any points of reference? You can use VMware (Virtual machine) to setup Ubuntu if you don't have a second computer btw.. works like a charm.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would really like to get a server up and running. I have two brothers that also play NexusTK. I have been playing it since I was a young man (I'm currently 28). I have extensive knowledge in mysql and access database programming. I could even design a database to quickly add new maps, items, monsters, etc in a nice graphical interface.. The only problem I have is that the MySQL database file doesnt have any data in it within the files for the mithia emulator.. so I have no idea if I am entering the right values or not.

I got passed the part where people were getting chaos is rising messages when trying to log in.. but once I log in a character it gives me the loading dragon graphic twice, then makes the sound effect twice.. and it just hangs at that black screen with the dragon. Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone gotten it to work passed that point?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Update: So I have been able to play around with the server for a few weeks now. I have been able to fully log in and configure the game adding monsters, quests, npcs etc. Unfortunately there are a lot of areas that development was either not completed or was changed around in the core that requires programming or extensive re-working of code to fix or establish. For example; the leveling system is not fully configured.. meaning from the start you dont gain levels just exp when you kill things. The good news is that this system could be altered, and I was able to make a scripted leveling code--but TNL does not show properly and it is basic at best.

Secondly Base Might Will and Grace are not coded properly.. they are not reflected in your character sheet and altering them does not work in the game. I attempted to find where the disconnect of this is.. but even the MySQL database does not have columns that save the stats.. so I don't know what the thinking was or the plan behind this method.. Maybe the programmers for Mithia wanted might will and grace to only exist on weapons, but I find that strange because there initially was a script to properly grant the stats as a character leveled.

Beyond that there exists a few hiccups and although this build could result in a playable server.. it would most likely be easily hacked or bug abused. I found there to be a few other areas that were a mystery, like the right click function not properly showing stats of items/weapons/armor.. etc.

If there was someone willing to work with us with more programming knowledge that the server is customized in I would be willing to talk with them about how to set up a functioning server and address issues--but this may be too much for just one person to tackle.. unless any of the original programmers are willing to shed light on anything.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok wow how did you do it? I've been trying for weeks with no results at all! If you want it to be a private matter then PM it to me.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi Lathender86, can you tell me how to setup it? Right now I'm at :
finished compiling server & edit conf file.

after that, when I start char-server / map-server , it will give me an error.. Can you tell me how to make it work? PM is okay too :).

Thanks alot.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've successfully run the server and the client

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
ok, now I succeed to use command "make" in cygwin, after that I got 4 server, all the servers status are ready.
But why the map-server show "0 map loaded?" and,
How to input the map to sql ?
and about how to connect the client to the server?
thanks.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Dont forget install liblua5.1-dev

sudo apt-get install liblua5.1-dev

Btw it can't compile using liblua 5.2 error in file sl.c

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i already compile. using cygwin on windows.
i cant login, its said "Chaos occuring." please help.
btw how to input Map file into sql? wht does it mean? is it import the Map file into Map table in MySQL?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I have a server running now, have 2 maps loaded a test mob and can walk between two of the maps... I don't have a clue how to implement any of the spells or anything heh wish there was a team to help out on this.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
All lua script whitin mithialua/accepted are loaded when server runing, for magic spell try add 1 spell in database than call magic scrip from database in ididentifier. Use navicat to alter the database. For calling the script use notepad ++ to open one script, for ex shoote, inside script there will be shoote = at first line so put this in ididentifier in spell database, use gm command try /givespell 1 then try the spell. Ah for spell type use 2, and use 5 for instance spell

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Table: Maps

TvHyDbA - Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor) - RaGEZONE Forums

Table: MapRegistry
0vd3zj4 - Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My localhost SS :

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Ok i review it from tutorial Happyfeet Hax

for create map:

INSERT INTO `maps` VALUES (1,'TUTORIAL',1,0,1,0,0,7200000,0,0,0,0,0,0,'/region1/tutorial/TK004711.map');
INSERT INTO `mapregistry` VALUES (1,1,'',0,0);

check your map name in folder ./mithiamaps/Accepted/

Create Character : working with note update "ChaActId" field in table character

update `Character` set ChaActId=1 where ChaName='character_you_created';

so i can login now

thx Nobel Happyfeet Hax and all

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
any idea where we can get the itemid, npc, mob, and spell animation?, and how to add in to the database
please share on how to get this? thanks

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
After You make a character, change the gmlevel char in db make it 99. Then you can use gm command, loot at source code file command.c use notepad ++ or ultraedit there you can see all gm command. After you make GM char, in game type /gfxtoggle then refresh using ctrl+r then use command "icon 1" to see icon number and image then use button next to see next image and number.Use "nweap" to see weapon, use "spell 1" to see spell 1 animation etc.

I use a bit trick for mobs, i screenshot it in a room with longger value mob time move, i spawn 12 mob once and ss it, then i kill them all using room hellfire spell, then change the mob look again 13 to 24 id. Now i have 1002 mob ss, enough for starting. I use mob spawn 10s so after change the mobs value in db, use gm command /reloadmob, kill all mob then 10s after will spawn new mobs then ss it. To spawn a mob use command "/mon 1" in a map, mob 1 will spawn at the point where we stand after relog. Try to explore numbers code at luahelp file such as 0=male 1=female 2=all. I'll help you all as i have time...

1-12_cr - Nexus TK Server (DB+Source Code+Map Editor) - RaGEZONE Forums

This is example for my mobs ss, 12 mob spawn once, example you use id 1 till 12 and fill mob look 1 till 12, make mob move time about 30000 (30s), line up the mob spawn. use /mon x to spawn each point. There is other way to see mobs but i like this way so its easy to collect it. Hope this help...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back