Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

English version of 4Story 3.5 Taiwanese client released

Put Community First
Reaction score
Hi all,

NOTE - This client WORKS with TW server files.

Well, we still seem to be waiting to hear if we can get a 4Story section up and running. So in the meantime, here's the 3.5 Taiwanese client modified with English string translations, quests, files, etc. This client works with the 3.5 server files in AnthonyX's thread. Some of the translations might be a bit off due to localisation. For example, some creatures are called a 'Murray'? Weirdest name ever...

I'll also include some TCD file editors I've found (credit to stotterer09) which should allow you to make and edit items, NPC, quests, audio, etc. NOTE - Not all of these have been tested yet. TString definitely worked, used that for like... 10 hours translating monster names, which were 4832 pieces of string data... sigh.

Enjoy.

Screenshots:

Set-up:

1) Download and extract client to a folder.
2) Modify the IP in TClient Run.bat.
3) Make Desktop shortcut to TClient Run.bat (makes life easier if you run from Desktop).
4) Run game from that shortcut or directly via the .bat file.
5) Play!

Client download:

Editors download:

Last edited:
Put Community First
Reaction score
Glad you like it. This will be my last translation work for a while, might be losing my job soon so I need to start game development more heavily. Will still be around here of course and will provide help and resources where possible :).

Put Community First
Reaction score
Issues were on the server side. Issues resolved, was just a slight config issue in the DB. Remember to check all your DB fields as per the guide in AnthonyX's thread (linked in OP) :).

Put Community First
Reaction score
@DevilSpeak No problems. Hope the development pans out, PM/Skype when you start testing and I'll try to find a time I can jump on. Will be good to test with another person for a change, haha.

Put Community First
Reaction score
If you're wanting to change some of the internet shortcuts in the game, this is where they're located and what needs changing:

TString.tcd
Code:
920 -  http://www.4story.com/event/pcbang/20070803/nochargeevent.asp?PSN=%u&UID=%u

931 - http://global.4story.com/cash/index.asp

[U][B]Specific URL length (NOTE - Needs to match existing string length of URL.):[/B][/U]

967 -      http://www.4story.com/serverchange/servb.asp

1105 -     4Story@zemiinc.com

1105 -     http://www.4story.com/chargecash/Charge_Main.aspn

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how in game i want enter it its say the server is under maintenance can u help me?

Put Community First
Reaction score
@samir35 The client isn't picking up your server. Double check you changed all the IP addresses in the configs and DB, and are running all services in order - T_CTRL, T_LOGIN, T_WORLD, T_RELAY, T_MAP.

Put Community First
Reaction score
Yep you need the server files from the other thread here in the MMORPG Extra Releases section :).

Download those, and restore the databases to SQLServer2008. There's a guide in the server files you can follow to get it all set up. It's what I did as well.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
there no video for this if u just give us peaple like me new dont know how Create the databases and do other thing vieo will help a lot peaple like me i download all program that i need but now i dont know what i need to do

Put Community First
Reaction score
I will make one later this weekend and put it in the other thread. Please note this is a thread for the CLIENT, not the SERVER - help questions on how to set up the server should go there.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thank u anyway i just want play this game alone but peaple like me dont know anything they will be happy if saw video how to make this game work and thank u so much

Put Community First
Reaction score
@samir35 No worries, I am the same, I like to play local just for fun content etc, or maybe some friends on occasion playing off my PC, nothing public.

Back