Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] ArchLord 2 Full Source + Server + Client

Reaction score

Game Description: Archlord 2 is a medieval fantasy MMORPG set in a fantasy world shattered by the endless conflict between two opposing factions. Join enormous Player vs Player battles, and fight to claim the ultimate prize and to become the Archlord — the world’s supreme ruler.
Features:
-Hardcore PvP: Archlord features massive PvP modes including Realm vs. Realm warfare.
-Four races/factions: The Humans of Aimhigh, the Realm of Light, the Orcs of Demolition and the Realm of Darkness. Each race has its own unique specialties, allowing players to decide which one is the best for their gaming style.
-Powerful soundtrack: Mesmerizing soundtrack performed by Cris Velasco, the multi-award winning composer for more than 40 video games, including God of War and Borderlands.

This is the original release archive given to me a couple months ago. I have been contemplating releasing this recently, and thanks to a certain individual I was given a little push to do so. This contains everything needed in order to get ingame; a KR client, Server data, and the full source code(Client, Server, Tools). Some minor things are missing, like a few unnecessary tools, the launcher, and some deprecated modules. There is also some issues with this code that must be fixed in order to get ingame, and some further fixes that must be done in order to use the English CBT client. The data inside the DB is also out of date, and should be updated using the excel table data provided in these files.

I will be re-uploading my fixed source shortly after making this thread. I will also be writing a tutorial on how to setup the files, but that will come later. Some information tho, the server uses a File DSN to connect to the DB, these must be placed in a Dsn.zip file in the root folder. The servers also want to be installed as a service, but this can be bypassed with passing any string as an argument, TEST works well. I can confirm you can get ingame with these files, however a little effort will most likely be required. There are also some ingame issues outlined by @Hycker in the other thread.

I think if we can come together, and get enough interest, we can very much make a new section for ArchLord 2, but it's up to all of us in that regard. So please, lets all work together to make this happen :) I will try to provide as much support as I can in this thread, but I didn't spend a significant amount of time with these files, so I can't help too much after the initial setup/getting ingame.

-Update-
These are the changes/fixes from the code I worked on, you can find it in trunk.rar in the mega folder:
-Fixed some compilation issues.
-Added unpacking capabilities to the packer tool
-Updated UI
-Updated DX9 Library
-Fixed Crash issue related to uninitialized data
-Fixed some tool compilations
-Fixed Mac address not being set properly
-Disabled Captcha Quiz

-Known Issues-
-cannot create guilds and cannot be member in any guild
-no ai in mainworld (but AI works in instances)
-some window cant be open (if you use the CBT client as base)
-login is possible with any password if the username exist
-some localization problem in certain windows
-some teleport portal and npc missing
-need the latest client for all classes
-etc

NOTE: The fixed source code will ONLY work with the English CBT Client

Download:

I HIGHLY SUGGEST PEOPLE MAKE MIRRORS FOR THESE FILES, I WILL NOT BE MIRRORING THEM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fixed code has finished uploading, you can find some info about it in the OP, and you can download it from the mega folder that is linked in the first post. A small note, the fixed client code will ONLY work with the English CBT client due to changes with the UI internals.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@cmb
In your code updated (trunk.rar) it's necessary to update configurations on BacchusServer (maybe something like add in VC++ Directories)? Because I tried to compile's GameServer and LoginServer and it's giving compilation error, it's simple things to fix, but I'd just like to know not to have to re-create the wheel.

Reaction score
@cmb
In your code updated (trunk.rar) it's necessary to update configurations on BacchusServer (maybe something like add in VC++ Directories)? Because I tried to compile's GameServer and LoginServer and it's giving compilation error, it's simple things to fix, but I'd just like to know not to have to re-create the wheel.
You might have to, make sure to compile in x64 and not Win32. Debug/Release should be working fine. If you are still having issues post the errors here :) Also the BattleServer is currently deprecated from what I can tell, it MIGHT be used for BGs/Sieges but I am not sure for certain as I never tested it. Hycker would be able to give more insight since he actually played through the game testing the features.

Reaction score
@cmb
Thanks! N

ow I'm trying to fix internal problems, I upgraded vs2008 to sp1 and I enabled the x64 compiler option, but stuck in stupid windows sdk..

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include\shobjidl.h(6407) : error C2504: 'ICommDlgBrowser2' : base class undefined

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The game is not particularly good... The servers were empty and the players did not like it. Is it worth it then to do?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
2019helloith which graphic engine was this game Developer2019hello,
with which graphic engine was this game Developer?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
2019helloith which graphic engine was this game Developer2019hello,
with which graphic engine was this game Developer?
Gamebyro engine

If someone facing issue to set up the test server and trouble by logging ingame post your error here with details. We cannot help if you say "that's not working"

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mirrors from other thread

SRC:

DB

CLIENTS

US-EU CBT

Korean latest client

Untouched src for pervs

Reaction score
@cmb Yeyyyy lets release archlord 1 emulator now !!!
:blink:

Hope next time to send back a reply ..

PS: Gameserver its unstable for few reasons add in first post.

1.Sometimes loads without npc (General error-Cause - didnt find yet)
2.Crash ntd.dll errors(General error-Cause - didnt find yet)-Windows server 2003/2008/2012 tests
3.Missing db tables - enchant and other features
4.Server its undone for a playable game (50% its done not even for cbt client) if ai not work its 0
5.You cannot enchant(crash client)
6.You cannot slot(crash client)
7.Korean source its unstable in 1 word and its unupdated than latest version of WZ.
8.You cannot use alchemy everytime(crash client)
9.Db its outdated

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
cmb Yeyyyy lets release archlord 1 emulator now !!!
:blink:

Hope next time to send back a reply ..

PS: Gameserver its unstable for few reasons add in first post.

1.Sometimes loads without npc (General error-Cause - didnt find yet)
2.Crash ntd.dll errors(General error-Cause - didnt find yet)-Windows server 2003/2008/2012 tests
3.Missing db tables - enchant and other features
4.Server its undone for a playable game (50% its done not even for cbt client) if ai not work its 0
5.You cannot enchant(crash client)
6.You cannot slot(crash client)
7.Korean source its unstable in 1 word and its unupdated than latest version of WZ.
8.You cannot use alchemy everytime(crash client)
9.Db its outdated

My compiled version loads all npcs and mobs and entity and shits

Never had ntd.dll error

Missing DB tables added on my database

Ai not work in world only (reason posted in other thread, waiting for fix)

Client crashes can be fixed by fix the client code and recompile

DB is can be updated in seconds using latest Korean client table.apk

Any more question? This source needs some work that's true but I seen much more worse shits in my life, however this source is kinda ugly and strange things inside. Maybe the coders was on dope every time they wrote lol

Back