[RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    Solar Sys,EarthLocation
    728Posts

Re: [RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Relase (Based on DNC'S source)

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Quote Originally Posted by lolumadsir View Post
    1. How do I edit a character's XML file? Is that possible? I screwed up on an enchant (I enchanted weapon on offensive slot and on weapon enchantment slot and my character crashes the game), so I want to remove the certain weapon from the respective character.
    2. Is there any way to allow the game to run with both enchants on? Armor/weapon enchant and defensive/offensive slot, both at once, without crashing.

Hi!

Well, i try my best:

1. AFAIK the characters in the .hogg based database, so you cannot edit existing characters, since there are no way to directly edit that part of the unique database... you can only edit the raw untouched chars in xml, however it is not a best way becouse if you dont know what do you do, you can easily crash the whole thing... so...

2. It is a bug/missing feature only there is a workaraound in the main post, so... this sources(nwo/sto) both are has missing or wrong features. Sadfully, but they can be fixed or make it workaround... so... check keiko's tutorials in the main post... there is a fix for it...

MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    Thousand StreamLocation
    119Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer8472 View Post
    Hi!

Well, i try my best:

1. AFAIK the characters in the .hogg based database, so you cannot edit existing characters, since there are no way to directly edit that part of the unique database... you can only edit the raw untouched chars in xml, however it is not a best way becouse if you dont know what do you do, you can easily crash the whole thing... so...

2. It is a bug/missing feature only there is a workaraound in the main post, so... this sources(nwo/sto) both are has missing or wrong features. Sadfully, but they can be fixed or make it workaround... so... check keiko's tutorials in the main post... there is a fix for it...
    Thank you for the reply!
    Sorry for bothering you with this, but do you have any idea why my friend cannot connect? We were so ready to play and then this came up :(
    He gets an error which says gameserver failed to connect. I used my LAN IP in the hosts file, do I need to change anything else? I saw that there's a property in the gameserver, something like -productionMode. I mention that I'm not putting this as a public server, just for me and a buddy to play remotely (he isn't on my LAN unfortunately, he's a thousand miles away).
    Thank you very much in advance!

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,964Posts

He gets an error which says gameserver failed to connect. I used my LAN IP in the hosts file, do I need to change anything else? I saw that there's a property in the gameserver, something like -productionMode. I mention that I'm not putting this as a public server, just for me and a buddy to play remotely (he isn't on my LAN unfortunately, he's a thousand miles away).
    There is your problem ;)

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    961Posts

@GigaToni Any idea how accounts could be made from a third-party website, as in, one WE develop? From how things look it's all bundled into the actual AccountServer.exe. I see some private servers with registration scripts but have no idea where to start. If there was an exposed DB it would be easier but I've no idea how to modify the source of AccountServer in a way that'd accept external registration scripts.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,964Posts

Accountserver has a "SOAP" API (It's not SOAP. I forgot what it is. XML JSON IDK) . In fact. All servers do. You just sent a command to the server which he should execute :).

EDIT:
    I think it was XMLRPC.
    Last edited by GigaToni; 1 Week Ago at 06:13 PM.

MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    Thousand StreamLocation
    119Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigaToni View Post
    There is your problem ;)
    I forwarded my PC's IP through my router so my WAN IP is automatically redirected to my PC's IP and I've also DMZ'ed my PC so all ports are open, he can login and see characters but he cannot spawn, cause he gets that error.
    Edit: by "PC's IP" I meant the LAN IP that my PC has (in my current case, it's 192.168.1.64), to clear any confusions. Should I use my WAN IP in hosts? Didn't really think that'd be a solution, but I'll try it soon.
    Last edited by lolumadsir; 1 Week Ago at 02:36 AM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    961Posts

@GigaToni Cheers man, yeah I've seen some references to XMLRPC, I hadn't looked into it yet :). Will have to mess around with it.

@lolumadsir 192.168.1.64 should be all you need in hosts for the first three lines (code, code_server and code_game_server). Then when you forward ports your friend should connect using your global IP. That should really be all that is required.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)

MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    Thousand StreamLocation
    119Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfate View Post
    @GigaToni Cheers man, yeah I've seen some references to XMLRPC, I hadn't looked into it yet :). Will have to mess around with it.

@lolumadsir 192.168.1.64 should be all you need in hosts for the first three lines (code, code_server and code_game_server). Then when you forward ports your friend should connect using your global IP. That should really be all that is required.
    Yes, thank you. That is what I also thought, but it apparently doesn't work and he gets that gameserver error, which I found really unsettling. He can log in, see character list and the character themselves, but nothing further.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    Solar Sys,EarthLocation
    728Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lolumadsir View Post
    Yes, thank you. That is what I also thought, but it apparently doesn't work and he gets that gameserver error, which I found really unsettling. He can log in, see character list and the character themselves, but nothing further.
    He needs the hosts file editing too. as lolumadsir said.... sadfully changing the ip in the client itself not enough....

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    961Posts

Re: [RELEASE] Neverwinter Online RE-Release (Based on DNC'S source)

@GigaToni @Flyer8472 I'm making some web scripts for people to use on their own servers if they don't want to use the 127.0.0.1 tool, but have run into a snag making some things that don't exist there. Functions such as sending mail aren't exposed through XMLRPC (presumably because they ARE in the GameServer after all, so :P) so I'm unable to poll any requests, my guess is that I might need to edit the GameServer with the required includes and library (or libraries, yet to check) and make a copy of said functions, then expose them to XMLRPC as per some of the account functions.

So far I've gotten things like making working accounts, editing passwords, logging in with game accounts and searching for accounts working, but they were already XMLRPC-accessible.

Does the idea re: GameServer and XMLRPC sound about right and if so, or if not, what are your thoughts? Seems like it might be a lot of work and I'm not sure I can actually make the edits and compile successfully thereafter... might need a hand if either of you (or anyone reading this) is interested.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    Solar Sys,EarthLocation
    728Posts

@fallenfate i am looking forward to this, more than you think :D Well afaik i cannot help with this.... but it was bothering me too that people cannot make their own account... Also... i can help IF ONLY IF i can program something in Delphi/Lazarus... becouse i am good in that language, but not in VC

Also, i want to modify the source itself to read off the IP/DOMAIN from an ini file the whole server location, it would render the hosts file usage unnecesary on client side... :D(IDK if this is possibble, but my guess is yes...)

Also some update: I am translating the UI to hungarian, if someone is intrested in it, i will share it when it is done it is around 60% (Currently ONLY the UI not the whole server XD just the client interface, that means the quests will remain in english... i am not a lexicon/typing machine alone XD)
    Last edited by Flyer8472; 1 Week Ago at 01:09 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    961Posts

@Flyer8472 I thought people would like it :) and I'm a fan of trying to make things others haven't yet, even if just for experimenting and learning :D.

I'm in a similar boat, I have ideas how we can make things like sending mail accessible but I don't know if I can manage it source-wise, I'm not a C++ guru. Since functions in AccountServer seem to have a certain method of being exposed to the XMLRPC server, I am GUESSING, purely guessing, I could replicate the same structure in the GameServer if I can bring across the includes and library. But I have no idea, I'd then also need a way to convert the XML struct request back into the relevant C++ and I'm not sure I can do that either, lol.

Making accounts in the browser is done so far, as well as the other things I mentioned. The accounts do work in game also. Spent six hours on the weekend or so figuring out how to get the data requests working, lol, >_<.

My source as is (from this release) I've not tried to compile, but I get a fair few missing include errors including the XML dependencies just from poking around (red squiggle lines of death). Do you have a guide on building the source, including the libs/dependencies?

True MemberRank
    Mar 2008 Join Date
    Solar Sys,EarthLocation
    728Posts

@Flyer8472 I thought people would like it :) and I'm a fan of trying to make things others haven't yet, even if just for experimenting and learning :D.
    THIS project definetly would need more attention i guess :D i am in this for the same reasons too(i also want to make a server where you get Zen points with rewards, and you would not need to make pay to win services :D EG: you will have to earn ZEN with levelup OR with mob kill that is my other project, i found where should i put the code, now my only problem is the zen point adding when you kill a mob/boss... i dont know the variable name XD

Making accounts in the browser is done so far, as well as the other things I mentioned. The accounts do work in game also. Spent six hours on the weekend or so figuring out how to get the data requests working, lol, >_<.
    Oh that is nice :D I AM intrested in this as i said, it is adding subscription too? Just becouse you always need to give manually from the browser

My source as is (from this release) I've not tried to compile, but I get a fair few missing include errors including the XML dependencies just from poking around (red squiggle lines of death). Do you have a guide on building the source, including the libs/dependencies?
    There is the Star Trek online guide for it, it is basicly the VERY SAME :D It includes the compile/dependencies all you wanna know... also there is an uploaded video in the addons how to compile this if i recall clear...

SO.. what is works with STO it works with NWO too... If i remember correctly the dependencies is VS2010+VS2010SP1 + WIN7 SDK there for you will need WIN7 SDK for compile any more dependencies... IDK not remembering anything else... So it is only compiling well on Windows 7 systems..(i had no luck on Win8.1 and 10...)
    Last edited by Flyer8472; 1 Week Ago at 01:41 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,964Posts

@Flyer8472 @fallenfate

Look at the Gateway (Written in JS for Node). The gateway is written with intercommunication, so this should be the first look at. Since it requires you to login, and it displays the current status of your workers.

Totally forgot about the fact that the gateway server exists lol.

You shouldn't. If you follow my guide that I've written on how to compile it, it all should work well :D and without issues. Just takes a long time to compile.

// This module encapsulates all the basic handshaking and framing needed to
    // handle a Cryptic prototcol connection. This is useful for talking to
    // Cryptic servers.
    :)
    Last edited by GigaToni; 1 Week Ago at 02:11 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    961Posts

@GigaToni Damn, I don't know NodeJS haha, hmm... well, I guess I can learn :). Thanks for the heads up, I might eventually be able to do something via Node to send mail :P. Just found the client.sendCommand() function which SHOULD let me send the Gateway commands.

At least now I shouldn't need to touch GS source after all, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Taken a look at some things Node-related, fortunately it isn't much different to JS itself and/or jQuery and I've been doing it for 8 years now, so I don't envision many issues besides learning how it uses JS, how the packages relate to the server calls and how I can get the server to read them and play ball :).

- - - Updated - - -
    @GigaToni I see in the past you got your Gateway server up and running. Can I ask how? Just want to run it past you.

I've run build.bat, I'm assuming I now need to look at how to port over the game, login and minigame folders into my local node install and access it via 127.0.0.1:3000 or whatever? I've changed the ipsTrusted config to this local IP since the game runs off it, I figured it will too. Would I then need to configure the node server to change ports to the default_gatewayserver_port of 6900?

Advertisement