Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] Planet Explorers

Reaction score
Leave things like mirror alone. Do your own things. If you dont know how, check this out:
Its a whole tutorial series about how to do multiplayer stuff easily.
Yes I checked that out, might use this. I'm going to get into this stuff soon, I'm just trying to figure out if this is gonna be a campaign like co-op experience or not.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Is this not complete source code? When you first start story-mode the error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
PeViewStudio.CleanUpModel (UnityEngine.GameObject viewObj) (at Assets/Scripts/WuYiqiu/ViewStudio/Script/PeViewStudio.cs:156)
PeViewStudio.ResetCloneModel (UnityEngine.GameObject viewGameObj, Boolean takePhoto) (at Assets/Scripts/WuYiqiu/ViewStudio/Script/PeViewStudio.cs:103)
PeViewStudio.CloneCharacterViewModel (Pathea.BiologyViewCmpt viewCmpt, Boolean takePhoto) (at Assets/Scripts/WuYiqiu/ViewStudio/Script/PeViewStudio.cs:69)
PeViewStudio.TakePhoto (Pathea.BiologyViewCmpt viewCmpt, Int32 width, Int32 height, Vector3 local_pos, Quaternion local_rot) (at Assets/Scripts/WuYiqiu/ViewStudio/Script/PeViewStudio.cs:194)
UINPCTalk.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Chenzhi/NewUI/Scripts/PE_GameUI/NGUIScripts/UINPCTalk.cs:1762)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've started from the perspective of getting the code released on Github and then applying the plugins one by one that need to be applied. I applied nearly all of them and then got a whole entire new batch of errors. That said my aim is to get the readme updated with a step by step guide on what plugins you need to get, and how to officially add them, which ones if any need purchased, etc.

GigaToni and whoever else has been working on it, by any chance did you make any lists I can use to check off what I've done so far, also would you be interested in collaborating at all to continue expanding on this open source version of PE? I've been coming across a bunch of bugs I want to fix, plus Steam needs to be ripped out unless we we somehow re release the open source version on Steam, etc. Things like that.

Edit: PS - I grabbed the specific version of Unity that the team said they used, what version has everyone else been able to get by with using?

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've literally taken the code from here (with all the plugins already in there) and put the HumanPhyCtrl and TestPEEntityCamCtrl in and it worked without issues.

I actually just tried that out as well and my HumanPhyCtrl doesn't seem to be attaching to the character (can't move around, run, my jetpack doesn't move me and gravity doesn't effect me) correctly but I'll keep digging into that next time I work on it.

Thanks for getting back to me on that, I'll just continue piecing together the list of plugins myself. My end goal here is to get the project in a position where everything needed is either explained in the readme itself to let people collect the plugins the correct way versus the grey area of the plugins package here.

That said I've already noticed way more than plugins are in the version we can get here, the 3d textures, for example, which I'm not sure why aren't in the code on github but I digress.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Update: I was able to figure out how to re-link the HumanPhyCtrl script to the player models and now I'm able to move around, etc. Game is running perfectly.

I'm starting on looking into bugs, etc. and hopefully will start on getting some new features implemented, a build-able fast travel "teleporter" object might be my first venture, but I also want to modify the story mode to include the skills system as well as enhance it with new skills and the like for increasing output damage, health, etc.

I've been streaming me doing all this work but I'm hesitant to share the link to my stream as I think it's against the forum rules, I'll post a question in the right forum to find out and share the link for anyone who wants to see me work on PE.

Back