Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[RELEASE] Soul of Ultimate Nation Emulator, Server Files, GM-Tools & More!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [RELEASE] Soul of Ultimate Nation Emulator, Server Files, GM-Tools & More!

@marelegg

I obtained these files from the first page of this post. Some of the links on the first page may not work anymore, which is why I uploaded them again but on mega.

Last edited:
Reaction score

marelegg

I obtained these files from the first page of this post. Some of the links on the first page may not work anymore, which is why I uploaded them again but on mega.

Thank you for the lovely advertising. Should of posted that in a more appropriate section, but thats my opinion.

For sure this are not the files from the first post,are not the complete files....like in the posted video and doesnt work with this client

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
At no stage did Ashime say that the files were complete. She even states that it is an EP1 SERVER! Maybe open your eyes and READ the posts. The posted video is from the LATEST server...as she CLEARLY STATES. If you can do better than Ashime has with these files, then POST THEM, or stop running your big mouth.

Reaction score
@Macgyver70 calm down i didnt acused him lol... you make me laught ...i just asked for files and i saw the files are episode 1 yeah thats why i didnt understand how he got the latest version...with work for sure he got the latest version i know....

PEACE!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

@marelegg
These files are the same files from page one. I did not replace or alter the files except for a few minor things, such as removing the built-in MS SQL 2000, and possibly changing the client for another EP 1 client (I can't remember if I did). Other than that it's all the same. These files were never complete to begin with. In fact any SUN server files posted on Ragezone for the most part are not complete. I would have to say these are more complete compared to some other file I have seen. If you have any questions, ask on here or send me a private message.

@Macgyver70
Relax. Honestly there is nothing wrong with questioning the source of the files. I have no problem with what marelegg asked. Thank you for trying to clarify things.

For anyone who is interested in knowing, I am currently working on the source code for basically building a new set of server files, but it's a rather slow process since I am working on it by myself. The files I am working on are the same source code I posted but altered (so they are EP1 source code/server files). I haven't built anything that works yet.

The currently working EP1 server could possibly be worked out to where everything works, but I can't tell you how to fix everything. If you are curious about what is wrong with the current server files, please go start on page 5 and work your way from there. I have posted a lot of things wrong with this set of server files. If you would like my help on finishing this or answering some questions, please let me know.

As of right now, I can't work on the source code and trying to fix the pre-existing server files. I do know the maps work for the pre-existing files but I can't remember how I did it and there was a conflicting issue at some point. Although, I will come back to them and possibly fix the maps, only if I get more time to do so.

Also, I'm in the process of moving all of my files from Mega to something else since Mega is now data capping your downloads. I will update all of my links once I get that all finished.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I apologise if I came across a little terse, I had just come from a Unity forum where it appears that not one person knows how to use the back button, so you end up fielding the same questions over and over...then I drop over here and the first post I see is asking questions already answered previously.....cue throbbing vein in head....lol.
The question needs to be asked as to whether it is worth pursuing this version any further. I have put a couple of non fruitful years into trying to make a working EP2 server, as I know has Ashime.
Now there is a working 1602 server out there...And functionally it is miles different than the Ep1 stuff we are currently working with.
Should our efforts not be better spent on decoding the new server functions? Learning the new opcodes, and where they fit in.
Ep1 is not gonna cut it these days. Ppl want their E3's or E4's...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Macgyver70

Truthfully, this pre-existing server files can be tweaked to work but its a pain. Anyone who can is better off taking the source code from here, get rid of all of the errors and warning, use these server files and the ones you make to pick up an run time errors since they are the same code, and then work on upgrading your error free server files. Atm that is what Im working on, but it takes a while. Someone else and I have two of the four servers currently warning and error free. Only problem is, we havent tested them during runtime so I have no idea whether its going to work or not.

As for EP1 and EP2, it depends on who you talk to because ive heard mixed things about both episodes and truthfully each episode has their strengths and weaknesses. EP1 is easier to get atm because of how the current server code is setup. If you decide to do EP2...you have A LOT of updating in the code to do.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, exactly. Just figuring out the item awakening and evolution, then there's the bingo, the new BZ setup....a LOT of changes need to be made, but at the moment we have no idea of the opcodes for any of it. Even the latest code we have is before they made that change.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think I'll just end up paying the 10k to buy a legit server. Considering that my ONLY competition would be SunBest, who now expects his customers to pay for their gears for a THIRD time.....scam much?
I love this game, but in the time we have been Ducking round with this server, we could have WRITTEN our own game in the same style.
THAT is where my efforts will be focused. Not floggin any dead horses any more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@The_Gatekeeper_
Yeah, I am a big fan of SUN as well, but not so much of EP2.

Macgyver70
Writing your own game is the way to go. I personally dont have enough experience to write my own game atm, but SUN's source code is just good practice for me as I continue to learn.

On the other hand, I'm going to try and finish the source code I have by pulling certain code off of other incomplete source code. I will let everyone know how that goes. Honestly, I'm going to make a whole new post towards the development of what I have when I can. I'm officially going to stop working on these pre-existing files for sure. I will release everything I have including stuff I didnt quite finish. Private message me if you need anything.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Soul of the Ultimate Nation Online
Server Files, Source, Database, Client(s), & Tools

Tables of Contents

I. Information
a. General
b. Credits

II. S.U.N Files
a. Server
b. Database
c. Client
d. Source
e. Tools/Other
f. Incomplete Files

III. Guide
a. Database
b. Server
c. Client

IV. Other
a. Known Issues
b. S.U.N Help Thread

V. Disclaimer
a. MEGA Download Limit
I. Information

a. General
These server files are compatible to S.U.N Online Episode 1 (v.1007). Relatively speaking these files are 2010 or older. Due to the fact that there are no truly working S.U.N files someone will have to take the time to sit down and make it from either the source code provided here or the source code that I will be releasing soon. The server and client has up to five classes, maximum level of 135, and every map before Episode 2. Unfortunately, there is no repacker for the client, only an unpacker which would be the WPKTool under Tools in Section II. Keep in mind that these files are still incomplete and need to be worked on or rebuilt.

Another thing I want to mention is that I separated the files up and compressed them even more this time around when uploading the files to Google Drive compared to in the past with MEGA. For anyone wishing to download anything off of MEGA please see Section V labeled as Disclaimer for a bypass on MEGA’s download limit.
b. Credits
I would like to say special thanks to @tedchow for even uploading these files and anyone who has even sat down to help get these files to where they are at now.
II. S.U.N Files

a. Server
Google Drive Download (Recommended)

NAME: SUN_Server.rar
SIZE: 1GB
LINK:

INFO: Contains only the Server.

MEGA Download

NAME: Server Files.rar
SIZE: 1.59GBs
LINK:

INFO: Contains the Server, Database, and Source code.
b. Database
Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP 2 (Recommended)

LINK:
INFO: Remember to get the SQL Express and SQL Management Studio x86 or x64-bit version respectively to your computer at the same time.

Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP 3 ONLY (Recommended)

LINK:

NAME: SUN_Database.rar
SIZE: 662KBs
LINK:
c. Client

NAME: SUN_v1007(Compact).rar
SIZE: 2GBs
LINK:

NAME: SUN_v1007(Uncompact).rar
LINK:

MEGA Download

SIZE: 2.35GBs
LINK:

SIZE: 2.34GBs
LINK:
d. Source

NAME: SUN_Source.rar
SIZE: 883MBs
LINK:
e. Tools/Other

NAME: WPKTool.rar
SIZE: 12KBs
LINK:

NAME: MS_SQL_2000.rar (Not Needed)
SIZE: 33MBs
LINK:

MEGA Download

NAME: OLD SQL Server.rar
SIZE: 32.8MBs
LINK:

INFO: I personally do not recommend using this. I removed it from the files I am currently using because it's in Chinese, has tons of problems, and you cannot transfer or restore data. Basically it's not possible to create a backup or transfer new tables or data in. You do not need this for the server to run properly but if you choose not to use this, you need to go get an SQL server (MySQL, MS SQL, and etc) in your preferred language. I use MS SQL 2008 R2 (Version doesn't matter, get 2012 if you want). If you plan on using this and there is .dll missing for certain things in the SQL 2000 then look into the following directories: \mssql\Tools\isqlw\Resources ,\mssql\Tools\SQLManager\Resource .
f. Incomplete Files

NAME: SunEmu_Original.rar
SIZE: 304MBs
LINK:

INFO: This set of SUN files are older than what was provided in Source under Section II.

NAME: Archive_04-2017.rar
LINK:
INFO: The archived files for 04-2017 starts at 04-28-2017 and ends at 04-29-2017, which these are more updated than the source under Section II in the subsection called "Source". The source code under that section is from 04-22-2017.

NAME: Archive_05-2017_Part1.rar
SIZE: 4.1GBs
LINK:

INFO: The archived files for 05-2017_Part1 starts at 05-01-2017 and stops at 05-10-2017.

NAME: Archive_05-2017_Part2.rar
SIZE: 3.2GBs
LINK:

INFO: The archived files for 05-2017_Part2 starts at 05-14-2017 and stops at 05-28-2017 since that was the last day I stopped working on the files. You can find the progress report inside the "Unknown" folder but there is no source code. I have to upload the most current set of files I have from when I was working on them back in 05-2017.

NAME: SUN_v1007_Unknown.pdf
SIZE: 276KBs
LINK:

INFO: Goes with SunEmu_v1007_Source.rar. I forgot to pack it into the .rar before I uploaded it.

NAME: SunEmu_v1007_Source.rar
SIZE: 4GBs
LINK:

INFO: This is the most recently updated source from 05-28-2017. Please check the progress report inside the "Unknown" folder in the "Archived" folder. AuthServer needs to be completely updated since it's missing the most out of all of the servers and contains some Aion source code. Please check subsection a called "Known Issues" under Section IV: Other, this will contain all the most recent known issues about the source code.

III. Guides

a. Database
Instructions

For first time installation of Microsoft SQL, please follow the steps below. These steps will allow the SUN Server and SQL Database to communication with each other, therefore allowing the SUN Server to obtain information for the client. If 'DBServer.exe' gets any errors, please check 'Server Properties' under Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio or the 'DBServer.ini' in the main 'SUNEmu' folder.
Login on SSMS:

1) Open up 'Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio'.
2) On the small window, leave 'Server type:' as 'Database Engine'.
3) For 'Server name:' it should be your PC name, .\ServerName, or (localhost)\ServerName.
NOTE: Should be default to your PC name.​
4) Leave 'Authentication:' as 'Windows Authentication'.
5) Click 'Connect' at the bottom.
Restore Database:

1) Right click on 'Databases' folder at the top
2) Click 'Restore Database...'
3) In the window that popped up, click 'From device' under 'Source for restore'.
4) Click '...' and browse for 'sunonline.bak', then click 'OK'.
5) In the table below, check mark whichever is recently updated.
6) Click the dropdown box next to 'To database:' under 'Destination for restore'.
7) Click the first 'sunonline' on the dropdown box under 'Destination for restore'.
8) Click 'OK' at the bottom of the window and wait for the Database to restore.
Enabling 'sa' as login:

1) Open up Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
2) Right Click on the main SQL name at the top, then click 'New Query'
3) Copy and Paste the code below and execute/run the query.
NOTE: It's better to use a stronger Password than '123456', if the password is changed then go to \Server\AuthServer.ini and change the password at the bottom under '[SQL_SERVER]'. This can be applied if you don't decide to use 'sa' as the login.​

CODE:

USE [master]
GO
ALTER LOGIN [sa] WITH PASSWORD=N'123456'
GO
ALTER LOGIN [sa] ENABLE
GO

4) If step 3 doesn't work and the 'sa' login is not enabled under 'Security' folder then go to the link below.
LINK:
Allowing Remote Connections:

2) Right click on the main SQL name at the top and click 'Properties'
3) Click on 'Security' on the left-hand side
4) Check 'SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode'
5) Then click on 'Connections' on the left-hand side
6) Check 'Allow remote connections to this server'
7) Click 'OK' at the bottom
Changing Configuration Manager:

1) Open up Sql Server Configuration Manager.
2) On the left-hand side, left click 'SQL Server Network Configuration'.
3) On the right-hand side, there should be 'Protocols for MSSQLSERVER', left click it.
NOTE: The name for your server may be different, in this case it's 'MSSQLSERVER'.​
4) On right-hand side, there should be a list, right click 'TCP/IP', and enable it.
5) Now left click 'TCP/IP' and another window should pop up.
6) Click the 'IP Addresses' tab.
7) Scroll down to find '127.0.0.1' and enable this IP Address.
8) Make sure 'TCP Dynamic Ports' is blank and 'TCP Port' is '1433'.
9) Scroll all the way down to the bottom to 'IPAll'.
10) Make sure 'TCP Dynamic Ports' is blank and 'TCP Port' is '1433'.
11) Click 'OK' at the bottom of the window.
12) On the left-hand side, left click 'SQL Server Services'.
13) On the right-hand side, right click SQL Server(MSSQLSERVER), and click 'Restart'.
NOTE: The name for your server may be different, in this case it's 'MSSQLSERVER'.
Creating ODBC:

1) Open up Data Sources (ODBC)
2) Under User DSN click Add on the right-hand side
3) Select SQL Server Native Client 10.0 and click Finish
NOTE: This will be installed on the machine in most installations of Microsoft SQL.​
4) In the box, next to 'Name:' type the name of the connection of your choice
NOTE: 'sunonline' would probably be a better choice since it's easier to find.​
5) In the box, next to 'Server:' type in '127.0.0.1' and click Next.
NOTE: The Description box can be left blank.​
6) Check the second option for 'With SQL Server authentication using a login ID'
7) For 'Login ID:' type in 'sa' and for 'Password:' type in '123456'
NOTE: This login and password can be found in the 'AuthServer.ini' in the main 'Server' folder.​
8) Click Next. Check 'Change the default database to:' and select 'sunonline' in the dropbox.
9) Click Next. If you wish to change your language of SQL Server system messages, then do so here.
10) Click Finish. A window should popup and click 'Test Data Source...'.
11) If a window pops up saying 'TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!' then click OK, then click OK again, and click OK for the third time
b. Server
Instructions

At this point the Microsoft SQL and ODBC should be setup correctly. If not, please check the ReadMe.txt under \SQLBackup\ReadMe.txt or Database\ReadMe.txt
Startup

1) AuthServer.exe
2) DBServer.exe
3) AgentServer_d.exe
4) GameServer_d.exe
NOTE: \Server\channel01\GameServer_d.exe​
c. Client
Launch

Go to the directory in which S.U.N Online is installed in and run a file called ‘Launch_SUN.bat’. This should automatically start up the client.

IV. Other

a. Known Issues
Database

1) May not be able to restore in MSSQL 2014 or later due to the fact that the database was upgraded to 2008. To get MSSQL 2008 R2 SP2, please check Database under Section II.

2) A lot of the Stored Procedures are out of date, therefore they do not run properly. The database requires a lot of updating on the query end. If you decide to do this then you need to update the source code end for the server to communicate to the database.

3) Tables and binary needs to be updated properly. One thing I have noticed over time is that the tables need to be updated to fit the server and client end. The binary preloaded into some of the tables need to updated or removed for the client to properly load or update.

Server

1) The server does not load in guild related information from the database. This problem occurs from the fact that the code related to this is nulled out in the source code.

2) The server has buffering issues when sorting through large amounts of data. I'm assuming the hard coded in packet size needs to be updated on the server source code end.

3) The Cash Shop slots and tabs are hard coded to only provide 5 pages or tabs and 25 items total on all 5 pages. This issue is found in the game server source code.

4) There is map loading issues. The client cannot load into new maps and the server has a hard time accepting new maps that are linked (other than Tringel and Zapir Lake). I personally believe there is a packet issue or it's hard coded in.

5) The servers (I know for a fact DB and Game Server) do not recognize anything related to GM, such as verifying GM accounts/characters, commands, and etc. This is because the GM related code is not complete in the source code.

6) There is a lot of skills that do not work because of all sort of reasons. Some don't work due to the skill not existing on the server end, some have incorrect status effects such as the user gets stunned when they shouldn't, the skills don't have lingering effects such as heals or buffs, and etc. because they are not coded in on the source code.

7) All constants (const.h) or defines (define.h, commondef.h, and etc.) on the server end needs to be updated. These files were originally built from Aion, so please keep that in mind if you decide to pick up the source code.

8) Lots of animations on the server end don't work. For an example, sitting, waving, auto-attacking (with or without weapon), and etc. This occurs because the constants and defines (number 7 in this list) needs to be updated.
b. S.U.N Help Thread
Please see the subsection above called Known Issues for a more details about the server. Here is another thread for this set of server files if anyone wants to use it. It’s optional.

LINK: http://forum.ragezone.com/f859/online-help-db-server-files-1092227/

V. Disclaimer

a. MEGA Download Limit
For anyone who wishes to download my files off of MEGA but getting that download limit issue, please follow the guide on this . I'm not responsible for anything on that website, but the programs provided has helped me get around the download limit issue. If anyone has any suggestions towards hosting sites similar to Google or MEGA that works best for them, please let me know.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

god bless you thank i will try

Soul of the Ultimate Nation Online
Server Files, Source, Database, Client(s), & Tools

Tables of Contents

I. Information
a. General
b. Credits

II. S.U.N Files
a. Server
b. Database
c. Client
d. Source
e. Tools/Other
f. Incomplete Files

III. Guide
a. Database
b. Server
c. Client

IV. Other
a. Known Issues
b. S.U.N Help Thread

V. Disclaimer
a. MEGA Download Limit
I. Information

a. General
These server files are compatible to S.U.N Online Episode 1 (v.1007). Relatively speaking these files are 2010 or older. Due to the fact that there are no truly working S.U.N files someone will have to take the time to sit down and make it from either the source code provided here or the source code that I will be releasing soon. The server and client has up to five classes, maximum level of 135, and every map before Episode 2. Unfortunately, there is no repacker for the client, only an unpacker which would be the WPKTool under Tools in Section II. Keep in mind that these files are still incomplete and need to be worked on or rebuilt.

Another thing I want to mention is that I separated the files up and compressed them even more this time around when uploading the files to Google Drive compared to in the past with MEGA. For anyone wishing to download anything off of MEGA please see Section V labeled as Disclaimer for a bypass on MEGA’s download limit.
b. Credits
I would like to say special thanks to @tedchow for even uploading these files and anyone who has even sat down to help get these files to where they are at now.
II. S.U.N Files

a. Server

NAME: SUN_Server.rar
SIZE: 1GB
LINK:

INFO: Contains only the Server.

MEGA Download

NAME: Server Files.rar
SIZE: 1.59GBs
LINK:

INFO: Contains the Server, Database, and Source code.
b. Database
Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP 2 (Recommended)

LINK:
INFO: Remember to get the SQL Express and SQL Management Studio x86 or x64-bit version respectively to your computer at the same time.

Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP 3 ONLY (Recommended)

LINK:

NAME: SUN_Database.rar
SIZE: 662KBs
LINK:
c. Client

LINK:

LINK:

MEGA Download

SIZE: 2.35GBs
LINK:

SIZE: 2.34GBs
LINK:
d. Source

NAME: SUN_Source.rar
SIZE: 883MBs
LINK:
e. Tools/Other

NAME: WPKTool.rar
SIZE: 12KBs
LINK:

NAME: MS_SQL_2000.rar (Not Needed)
SIZE: 33MBs
LINK:

MEGA Download

NAME: OLD SQL Server.rar
SIZE: 32.8MBs
LINK:

INFO: I personally do not recommend using this. I removed it from the files I am currently using because it's in Chinese, has tons of problems, and you cannot transfer or restore data. Basically it's not possible to create a backup or transfer new tables or data in. You do not need this for the server to run properly but if you choose not to use this, you need to go get an SQL server (MySQL, MS SQL, and etc) in your preferred language. I use MS SQL 2008 R2 (Version doesn't matter, get 2012 if you want). If you plan on using this and there is .dll missing for certain things in the SQL 2000 then look into the following directories: \mssql\Tools\isqlw\Resources ,\mssql\Tools\SQLManager\Resource .
e. Incomplete Files
Coming Soon!

III. Guides

a. Database
Instructions

For first time installation of Microsoft SQL, please follow the steps below. These steps will allow the SUN Server and SQL Database to communication with each other, therefore allowing the SUN Server to obtain information for the client. If 'DBServer.exe' gets any errors, please check 'Server Properties' under Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio or the 'DBServer.ini' in the main 'SUNEmu' folder.
Login on SSMS:

1) Open up 'Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio'.
2) On the small window, leave 'Server type:' as 'Database Engine'.
3) For 'Server name:' it should be your PC name, .\ServerName, or (localhost)\ServerName.
NOTE: Should be default to your PC name.​
4) Leave 'Authentication:' as 'Windows Authentication'.
5) Click 'Connect' at the bottom.
Restore Database:

1) Right click on 'Databases' folder at the top
2) Click 'Restore Database...'
3) In the window that popped up, click 'From device' under 'Source for restore'.
4) Click '...' and browse for 'sunonline.bak', then click 'OK'.
5) In the table below, check mark whichever is recently updated.
6) Click the dropdown box next to 'To database:' under 'Destination for restore'.
7) Click the first 'sunonline' on the dropdown box under 'Destination for restore'.
8) Click 'OK' at the bottom of the window and wait for the Database to restore.
Enabling 'sa' as login:

2) Right Click on the main SQL name at the top, then click 'New Query'
3) Copy and Paste the code below and execute/run the query.
NOTE: It's better to use a stronger Password than '123456', if the password is changed then go to \Server\AuthServer.ini and change the password at the bottom under '[SQL_SERVER]'. This can be applied if you don't decide to use 'sa' as the login.​

CODE:

USE [master]
GO
ALTER LOGIN [sa] WITH PASSWORD=N'123456'
GO
ALTER LOGIN [sa] ENABLE
GO

4) If step 3 doesn't work and the 'sa' login is not enabled under 'Security' folder then go to the link below.
LINK:
Allowing Remote Connections:

2) Right click on the main SQL name at the top and click 'Properties'
3) Click on 'Security' on the left-hand side
4) Check 'SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode'
5) Then click on 'Connections' on the left-hand side
6) Check 'Allow remote connections to this server'
7) Click 'OK' at the bottom
Changing Configuration Manager:

1) Open up Sql Server Configuration Manager.
2) On the left-hand side, left click 'SQL Server Network Configuration'.
3) On the right-hand side, there should be 'Protocols for MSSQLSERVER', left click it.
NOTE: The name for your server may be different, in this case it's 'MSSQLSERVER'.​
4) On right-hand side, there should be a list, right click 'TCP/IP', and enable it.
5) Now left click 'TCP/IP' and another window should pop up.
6) Click the 'IP Addresses' tab.
7) Scroll down to find '127.0.0.1' and enable this IP Address.
8) Make sure 'TCP Dynamic Ports' is blank and 'TCP Port' is '1433'.
9) Scroll all the way down to the bottom to 'IPAll'.
10) Make sure 'TCP Dynamic Ports' is blank and 'TCP Port' is '1433'.
11) Click 'OK' at the bottom of the window.
12) On the left-hand side, left click 'SQL Server Services'.
13) On the right-hand side, right click SQL Server(MSSQLSERVER), and click 'Restart'.
NOTE: The name for your server may be different, in this case it's 'MSSQLSERVER'.
Creating ODBC:

1) Open up Data Sources (ODBC)
2) Under User DSN click Add on the right-hand side
3) Select SQL Server Native Client 10.0 and click Finish
NOTE: This will be installed on the machine in most installations of Microsoft SQL.​
4) In the box, next to 'Name:' type the name of the connection of your choice
NOTE: 'sunonline' would probably be a better choice since it's easier to find.​
5) In the box, next to 'Server:' type in '127.0.0.1' and click Next.
NOTE: The Description box can be left blank.​
6) Check the second option for 'With SQL Server authentication using a login ID'
7) For 'Login ID:' type in 'sa' and for 'Password:' type in '123456'
NOTE: This login and password can be found in the 'AuthServer.ini' in the main 'Server' folder.​
8) Click Next. Check 'Change the default database to:' and select 'sunonline' in the dropbox.
9) Click Next. If you wish to change your language of SQL Server system messages, then do so here.
10) Click Finish. A window should popup and click 'Test Data Source...'.
11) If a window pops up saying 'TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!' then click OK, then click OK again, and click OK for the third time
b. Server
Instructions

At this point the Microsoft SQL and ODBC should be setup correctly. If not, please check the ReadMe.txt under \SQLBackup\ReadMe.txt or Database\ReadMe.txt
Startup

1) AuthServer.exe
2) DBServer.exe
3) AgentServer_d.exe
4) GameServer_d.exe
NOTE: \Server\channel01\GameServer_d.exe​
c. Client
Launch

Go to the directory in which S.U.N Online is installed in and run a file called ‘Launch_SUN.bat’. This should automatically start up the client.

IV. Other

a. Known Issues
Database

1) May not be able to restore in MSSQL 2014 or later due to the fact that the database was upgraded to 2008. To get MSSQL 2008 R2 SP2, please check Database under Section II.

2) A lot of the Stored Procedures are out of date, therefore they do not run properly. The database requires a lot of updating on the query end. If you decide to do this then you need to update the source code end for the server to communicate to the database.

3) Tables and binary needs to be updated properly. One thing I have noticed over time is that the tables need to be updated to fit the server and client end. The binary preloaded into some of the tables need to updated or removed for the client to properly load or update.

Server

1) The server does not load in guild related information from the database. This problem occurs from the fact that the code related to this is nulled out in the source code.

2) The server has buffering issues when sorting through large amounts of data. I'm assuming the hard coded in packet size needs to be updated on the server source code end.

3) The Cash Shop slots and tabs are hard coded to only provide 5 pages or tabs and 25 items total on all 5 pages. This issue is found in the game server source code.

4) There is map loading issues. The client cannot load into new maps and the server has a hard time accepting new maps that are linked (other than Tringel and Zapir Lake). I personally believe there is a packet issue or it's hard coded in.

5) The servers (I know for a fact DB and Game Server) do not recognize anything related to GM, such as verifying GM accounts/characters, commands, and etc. This is because the GM related code is not complete in the source code.

6) There is a lot of skills that do not work because of all sort of reasons. Some don't work due to the skill not existing on the server end, some have incorrect status effects such as the user gets stunned when they shouldn't, the skills don't have lingering effects such as heals or buffs, and etc. because they are not coded in on the source code.

7) All constants (const.h) or defines (define.h, commondef.h, and etc.) on the server end needs to be updated. These files were originally built from Aion, so please keep that in mind if you decide to pick up the source code.

8) Lots of animations on the server end don't work. For an example, sitting, waving, auto-attacking (with or without weapon), and etc. This occurs because the constants and defines (number 7 in this list) needs to be updated.

More to come!
b. S.U.N Help Thread
Please see the subsection above called Known Issues for a more details about the server. Here is another thread for this set of server files if anyone wants to use it. It’s optional.

LINK: http://forum.ragezone.com/f859/online-help-db-server-files-1092227/

V. Disclaimer

a. MEGA Download Limit
For anyone who wishes to download my files off of MEGA but getting that download limit issue, please follow the guide on this . I'm not responsible for anything on that website, but the programs provided has helped me get around the download limit issue. If anyone has any suggestions towards hosting sites similar to Google or MEGA that works best for them, please let me know.

god bless you thank i will try

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@SMF001

Good luck. If you need anything, post on here or private message me. Have fun!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just a quick update:

there are some .txt .xml files within the sources, they actually have types of "lists" left by the devs of the game, as is, i've found a .ppt file containing all the steps for the server communication, wich ended to be FTP (potentially cash shop).

problem is, they are in Korean. since my Korean is enough to get myself killed. i have no idea what to do there, the sources are "a bit okay" and the binary updater seem to have a charm mostly for the tests. again, problem is that is in Korean. getting dem files translated into google is like "asking a deaf guy where is the terlet".

don't get me wrong, i'm only pointing a potential gold mine, for anyone that can translate these Korean files, logs with "TODO" and some functions as well. also there is some ASM in the source, just learn the basic bytes handling and you will be fine (most of the time).

and i really recommend using IpLoopback, cause sniffing with wireshark be easy, and the game actually does send half-assed packets to the server (i've been testing with Shards of War btw... and it's working with "login packets")

-edit-
here be a "commented" bit of code from TypeDefine.h (from agentserver's sun3d engine folder)
Code:
/// CDrawBase::RenderMeshGroup ÇÒ¶§ ÆĶó¹ÌÅÍ
/*typedef struct
{
	HANDLE m_hTexDiffuseToUse;	///< ¿ø·¡ ÅؽºÃÄ ¸»°í ¹Ù²ã¼­ »ç¿ë
	float m_fUShift, m_fVShift;	///< UV shift ±â´É
	BOOL m_bUVNormal;			///< normal ÂüÁ¶Çؼ­ u, v °è»êÇÑ´Ù.
	WzVector m_wvUVNormal[2];	///< normal ÀÌ u, v ¿¡ ¹ÌÄ¡´Â ¿µÇâ
	BOOL m_bUVLight;			///< light ¿Í normal ÂüÁ¶Çؼ­ u, v °è»êÇÑ´Ù.
	int m_iSunLight;			///< Gouraud, Phong µî ½¦À̵ùÀÇ Àû¿ë ¿©ºÎ ( 1 - default, 0 - Àû¿ë¾ÈÇÔ, 2 - ¹«Á¶°Ç Àû¿ëÇÔ)
	WzUVVert *m_pwuvUsePhongUV;	///< Phong ½¦À̵ù¿¡¼­ »ç¿ëÇÏ´Â u, v
	HANDLE m_hTextureFilter;	///< ÇÊÅÍ¿ë ÅýºÃÄ( ±¸¸Û ¶Ô¸° À̹ÌÁö )
} WzRenderMeshGroupParam;

inline void InitRenderMeshGroupParam( WzRenderMeshGroupParam *pwrmgp)
{
	pwrmgp->m_hTexDiffuseToUse = 0;//INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE;	///< 0 - ¸Þ½¬°¡ °¡Áø ÅؽºÃÄ »ç¿ë, INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE - Èò»ö ÅؽºÃÄ
	pwrmgp->m_fUShift = 0.0f;
	pwrmgp->m_fVShift = 0.0f;
	pwrmgp->m_bUVNormal = FALSE;
	pwrmgp->m_bUVLight = FALSE;
	pwrmgp->m_iSunLight = 1;
	pwrmgp->m_pwuvUsePhongUV = NULL;
	pwrmgp->m_hTextureFilter = INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE;
}
*/

since i'm a using a notebook i didn't arse myself into adding a Korean languague pack (not that it would help, since google is the one that needs a better languague pack).

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@wall57
I will look through the source and see if I can find anything that may help. Just please keep in mind that the server executables are much larger and more complete than the source code. I did spend a few days trying to reconstruct the source code and I got the AuthServer fully built with no errors or warnings. The issue is that the source code is incomplete by itself. I have other source code to where I might be able to piece a server back together. Aside from that I found a more complete source code that has nine servers instead of four. I will probably be making a development post soon on RageZone. I just haven't made a true decision on what files to really work on because they are completely different in structure.

Im going to look into what you suggested and see what I get.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The nine server version is the correct one. I think that is where we need to aim. I have the korean text files as well, I think I sent them to you ages ago Ashime, when we were still trying to fix the EMU.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Macgyver70
I am going through the SUN source for the nine servers and checking it out. It is more complete than the SUNEmu but has way more bugs than the SUNEmu files. Korean text files?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll see if I can track down my copy of them and repost for you. It's Korean, but you can googlate most of it, as Korean translates a lot better than Chinese. It's all dev notes and such.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
First of all, i haf to thank asime the easy install guide, which helps me save a lot of time. mainly, i do haf a big problem to creating a charater. i use the tool which Asime's provided(OLD SQL Server.rar) to create an account, but when i access to the server i cannot created any character. is there anyway that i can create character by manually rewrite the data file? or any other way? THank you all

Back