Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Release] WIP on 9dragons US Server Files

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: WIP on 9dragons US Server Files

*UPDATE 1*
I've created a batch file that start the entire server, if you used my configuration script to install the server, and you have c:\scripts\dbauth.py you can use the batch file I'm attaching, this will allow you to start a single component or all the server components in the correct order.
To use it you need to have the dbauth.py correctly configured, and this is done by the autoconf.py
This will start the server components but not the maps, for the maps I'll post something later today
To work the script needs to be copied into your c:\scripts directory

*UPDATE 2*
Based on the EU Release that shdoc1 has kindly signaled me I've modified the map control system to work on this server.
What you need to do:
Download the updated mapcontrol

extract somewhere on your 9d VM

Let's assume you have extracted it onto c:\MAPCONTROL
To configure it you need to:
1)
edit the file c:\MAPCONTROL\Commander\env.ini
Replace the IP address with your VM ip address
2)
Copy the file c:\9dragons\env\ServerEnv.inf into c:\MAPCONTROL\Commander\
3)
Edit the file C:\MAPCONTROL\Ctrl\env.ini

Now it's configured.

To use it, you need to execute first LocalServerCtl.exe from c:\MAPCONTROL\Ctrl
after is started you need to execute the LocalCommader.exe from c:\MAPCONTROL\Commander

A nice Interface will start... Click on the group 0 from the Group List
Now you can start the maps one by one or all together.

To start a single map you need to click on the Number of the map, the click is not really precise, so click the number until it become blue (Selected) then click ON on Server Command.

If you want to start all the maps (Is really CPU/Memory consuming so if you don't have a good machine you'll need to pay attention to that) you can use the group command, like all on etc etc

more updates are coming ;)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

*UPDATE 1*
I've created a batch file that start the entire server, if you used my configuration script to install the server, and you have c:\scripts\dbauth.py you can use the batch file I'm attaching, this will allow you to start a single component or all the server components in the correct order.
To use it you need to have the dbauth.py correctly configured, and this is done by the autoconf.py
This will start the server components but not the maps, for the maps I'll post something later today
To work the script needs to be copied into your c:\scripts directory

*UPDATE 2*
Based on the EU Release that shdoc1 has kindly signaled me I've modified the map control system to work on this server.
What you need to do:
Download the updated mapcontrol

extract somewhere on your 9d VM

Let's assume you have extracted it onto c:\MAPCONTROL
To configure it you need to:
1)
edit the file c:\MAPCONTROL\Commander\env.ini
2)
Copy the file c:\9dragons\env\ServerEnv.inf into c:\MAPCONTROL\Commander\
3)
Edit the file C:\MAPCONTROL\Ctrl\env.ini

Now it's configured.

To use it, you need to execute first LocalServerCtl.exe from c:\MAPCONTROL\Ctrl
after is started you need to execute the LocalCommader.exe from c:\MAPCONTROL\Commander

A nice Interface will start... Click on the group 0 from the Group List
Now you can start the maps one by one or all together.

To start a single map you need to click on the Number of the map, the click is not really precise, so click the number until it become blue (Selected) then click ON on Server Command.

If you want to start all the maps (Is really CPU/Memory consuming so if you don't have a good machine you'll need to pay attention to that) you can use the group command, like all on etc etc

more updates are coming ;)
Do you know how to send [Server Notice] , there is a command "msg" but dunno why when i use that command says "unknow comand or so".
im also looking on the DB tables to find a way to create new accounts and Gm accounts, and be able to log a gm character.

Again thanks for all :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

if you install the server following the guide that zeroburner posted, when you run the script " autoconf.py " it automatically change all the passwords of all accounts (it also restore the DB`s and make other things)in the DB to 9d123 , but if you want to use a different password you just need to edit the script with notepad and replace 9d123 for your desired password. obviously do that before run the script.

Almost correct... the Ninedragons_Accounts DB does not contain any info about the passwords, so the autoconf.py is creating a new table and populating it with the passwords.
All the rest is correct, you can change the default password or use the changepass.py to change the password of a specific user.

Now I would like to modify the stored procedure that create a new user to create also the entry on the other table.
Please be patient... I've a lot of stuffs to do and few time to do it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Almost correct... the Ninedragons_Accounts DB does not contain any info about the passwords, so the autoconf.py is creating a new table and populating it with the passwords.
All the rest is correct, you can change the default password or use the changepass.py to change the password of a specific user.

Now I would like to modify the stored procedure that create a new user to create also the entry on the other table.
Please be patient... I've a lot of stuffs to do and few time to do it.
So that procedure just make a new account but dont store passwords, so you want to modify and that procedure ill write at the new table that store the changed passwords.

Btw im interested on that crypter/decrypter that u was coding, because there is some files that can be decrypted by 9dEncTool.exe and the other sh1t cant remember the name.

So we can customize even the quest and rewards and item table to remove useles things.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

So that procedure just make a new account but dont store passwords, so you want to modify and that procedure ill write at the new table that store the changed passwords.

Btw im interested on that crypter/decrypter that u was coding, because there is some files that can be decrypted by 9dEncTool.exe and the other sh1t cant remember the name.

So we can customize even the quest and rewards and item table to remove useles things.

Simply because a lot of them are not encrypted but they are ascii databases created with a really old but stable methodology, file databases created with a specific structure that needs to be read and parsed with binary methods char by char... not easy as you can think believe me...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

A new update

I've created a procedure to create a user into your 9d server

copy the file into your server, double click it and when management studio loads, click on the ! to execute query.

This will create a stored procedure you can access from: NineDragons_Account > Programmability > Stored Procedures > dbo.pr_Create_Account

Right click and Execute Stored Procedure.

This will require you to insert a username and password and will create account and password data in the various tables.

You can integrate it with any webserver, if the user already exist the procedure will obviously fail.

I hope it helps some of you :)

help. im setup is step 11
c:
cd \scripts
autoconf.py
192.168.0.211 ( my ip)
pas 123456

resus :
attempt number 1 failed
attempt number 2 failed the scripts is not connect to able to database

Most probably you created a named instance and not a default instance, or your password is wrong... did you install the MSSQL server? is MSSQL 2008 R2?

i need help to in step 11 ... is there are any other way to make it becaus when i doing this it say ( autoconf.py is not recognized as an internal or extrenal command, operable program or batch file ) ir any idea what need ?

Did you follow the previous steps? Installing python etc etc?
Did you copy the necessary things on your machine?

did you launch the script from the correct directory? you have to do cmd
on the prompt write
c:
cd \scripts
autoconf.py

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I need to use my default gateway ip ? right ?

And i am not getting this... ( i dont get the webpage. .... ) Is it vital ?

Step 6
Open your web browser to http://<yourvmip>/cgi-bin/testenv.py
you should see a simple web page that will demonstrate python is working and correctly configured

You should get:
ZeroBurner - [Release]  WIP on 9dragons US Server Files - RaGEZONE Forums

like me. If won't - probably your Apache server isn't working correctly.

I got one question. I want to do it not on my VM, but on local, standalone OS. In step7, I still need to use 'mssqladmin' account or just my 'normal' Admin account?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You should get:
ZeroBurner - [Release]  WIP on 9dragons US Server Files - RaGEZONE Forums

like me. If won't - probably your Apache server isn't working correctly.

I got one question. I want to do it not on my VM, but on local, standalone OS. In step7, I still need to use 'mssqladmin' account or just my 'normal' Admin account?

You are not obliged to use it, but is a best practicse to use a dedicated account since if you change the password for your admin you will not have to update your services in this way.

I'm almost sure you are using SQL Server via these .py files with config and to connect with DB when login into game.

Absolutely correct, my autoconf.py is doing the db configuration, importing the db backups, creating the missing tables and normalizing the user passwords, the authentication.py is connecting to the db to check the auth. those are py's not pyc so you can see the code inside, there is nothing hidden :)

Well my apache server isnt working then............ weard

But in the tutorial you posted zeroburner you install sql server 2008 R2 and stuff but you dont use it ? ?

9) Extract the content of the file posted on the release topic (the 9dragons server rar) to c:\9dragons on your virtual machine
can i do step 9 to ? cause i downloaded all the files Sdoch1 posted..... but it doesnt have any files in it our something ? ( i packed it with 7-zip file manager but now it only is a packed winrar file....... )

Someone help me. XD *( i am such a noob,,,,,,but i want my own server )

Thx

Keep hard, everyone was a noob at the beginning... also me :D (long time ago, I'm old now ;)) Did you restart apache btw? Do you follow the configuration as I explained? what error did you encounter?

Regarding the files kindly posted from sdoch1, those are equivalent to the rar in the release, just extract t them all in a folder called c:\9dragons in your vm and it will work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

don't found the dbauth.py,who can share it。thankyou

The dbauth.py is created on the server when the execution of the autoconf.py is completed.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Followed all the steps from the guide and i am still stuck at step 11 even after reinstalling vm 3 times, it keeps giving me the same error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Error)

attempt number 1 failed!
attempt number 2 failed! The scripts is not able to connect to the database maybe you provided the wrong credentials

The IP i inputted is according to my ip in ipconfig.
As for my password i have already checked it and was also able to login to the management studio with it.
So it should not be the password problem..

And also some other problems that i dun understand
(Problem 1)

Could you help me check if i downloaded the correct version of sql server 2008? I downloaded this: SQLEXPRADV_x86_ENU.exe from

(Problem 2)

The no dhcp thing that you typed out on your guide which i dun understand

IMPORTANT NOTE2: You are obliged to use a static ip assignement, no DHCP, tested and is not working

Do i need to disable it? Do i disable it at administrative tools/services? if not what should i do?
Hope you can help me out and i have to sleep already 7am here >.<
Thanks.

You messed up with the ip addresses for sure. You have to insert your vm ip on the autoconf, not the ip of your physical machine.

When i state to use static ip this mean not to use an automatically assigned ip and not to disable a service.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

/
to your 9dragons server so... :S

Vm is vmware workstation right ? ( we are talking about the same thing here ? )

I dont get it XD[/QUOTE]

VM = Virtual Machine

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Starting from now my real weekend is starting, so I really don't know how much I will be able to reply to messages on forum. I'll do my best to check it but I cannot guarrantee a fast answer.

Sorry for that, have a nice weekend all:)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I got one problem. Can't make 'set server on' today. Still telling me - 'server close'

You have to write there after pressing esc on your DS window

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

dont run the MS server (Flashed on off),how to fix it。。。。

Did you copy the lump.dat from c:\ scripts into your c:\9dragons folder?

I have this error here:
View attachment 140982
Any idea why this is happening?

How many memory you have on your vm? Do you have enough disk space this db is needed but contains a lot of old data that can be probably removed I will have a look on monday to see if i can reduce the size and post a new bak file with just the data structure and the procedures.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Previously I had set it to 8192mb and it gave me the same error so I set it to 16384mb but it still didn't work.
I am wondering if this is 32bit isn't the max ram suppose to be 8192mb? do I force set it to 16384 mb ?
I have 100gb as the disk space

Wasn't 3.5GB for 32bit?

BTW. Everythings works SOMEHOW fine, but my IM procedure return v_error 1 and can't get any item via IM.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Wasn't 3.5GB for 32bit?

BTW. Everythings works SOMEHOW fine, but my IM procedure return v_error 1 and can't get any item via IM.

Windows 2003 enterprise ediction 32 bit have 32gb memory limit, the limit does not depend from the number of bits but from the os structure. A 32 bit os theotetically can handle up to 1Tb of memory

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

zA3aAPm - [Release]  WIP on 9dragons US Server Files - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

So any idea why the ND_History keeps failing? everything goes smooth untill that part.

it fails litterly within a second. tested with blocking it and installing the other ones first.

then blocking the rest and only allowing the history one to restore but it fails within 1 second.

If you changed the script remember that in python you must respect the indentation or the script will fail. You can try importing it manually from sql mgmt studio and commenting with a # the line autoconf.py that contain the name of the bak file, should be an append command.

Reaction score

Nvm, the fix is to actually upgrade to Datacenter edition or download it from pirate bay... credits go to the post below me.

[strike]if someone wants to fix that database.. restore it into EXCEL using a software example like ->

and send me the file ... i will repair the corrupt data.

or.... i can just re build the database for the community if the community really needs that database, but this will require me using someones test server + a lot of time and effort! - Seeing how this is written in python "wtf who uses python in the gaming industry" this will be a little annoying :p
[/strike]

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

woo finally ...

I managed to get the ND_History_0.bak to restore.

To do this you need to already finish step 7 from zeroburner guide

You need to perform a edition upgrade for the SQL Server 2008 r2 express to datacenter with this

here are the steps:

1)Go to all programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 -> Configuration Tools -> SQL server Installation center
2)Go to maintenance and click Edition Upgrade
3)Ok -> Next -> select Enter the product key and paste the serial in and click next
4)Accept the license
5) select MSSQLSERVER as the instance -> next next-> upgrade

and the restoring should be working cheers

Back