Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Scarlet Blade Server files + Client + DB

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
found a few old executables (without gamefiles)
maybe someone can frankenstein an working client together.

Reaction score
All I'm going to say about current progress:

A snippet to show SlotIndex of equipped weapon - as this will be brought up a few times.
Code:
                <Component Type="SlotListItem" Name="Char_Info_EquipSlot_0_WEAPON" Skin="queens_BG_ItemSlot36" >
                    <Property Name="ID" Value="0" />
                    <Property Name="MousePassThroughEnabled" Value="False" />
                    <Property Name="DragDropTarget" Value="True" />
                    <Property Name="ScreenBound" Value="False" />
                    <Property Name="AreaRect" Value="58, 149, 110, 200" />
                    <Property Name="SlotIndex" Value="0" />
                    <Property Name="CoolTime" Value="0" />
                    <Property Name="CoolTimeUpdate" Value="0" />
                    <EventLink Name="event_char_info_item_mouse_enters" Key="MouseEnter" />
                    <EventLink Name="event_char_info_item_mouse_leaves" Key="MouseLeave" />
                    <EventLink Name="event_inven_slot_item_clicked" Key="MouseClick" />
                </Component>

InvenType (inventory type) - db only shows values 0 and 1 at the moment (1 seems to be equipped items and 0 not equipped items).
SlotIndex - seems to be populating into the character inventory table properly.

the *.layouts file - queens_gui_charinfo.layouts shows the right "SlotIndex" values to match proper pieces of gear and aligns properly to the database stored inventory on my character.

Meaning the client/server are not jiving with the correct value per equipped item or inventory items, for "SlotIndex" (that are stored in the database) client side.
All equipped items are receiving InvenType 1 (equipped items) and SlotIndex 0 (weapon).
All inventory items are receiving InvenType 0 (not equipped items) and SlotIndex 0 (which I believe means the inventory slots 8*4 must be 1-32)
SlotIndex is not being properly passed to the client.

Even though a quest or looted equipment item is showing the correct SlotIndex "in the database" when looted and auto-equipped (InvenType = 1 when equipped).
The client itself seems to receive either a "Null" value or 0 (zero) for "SlotIndex", which makes all equipped and not equipped items = SlotIndex 0

Inventory seems to receive the inventory, but not display the inventory.
So, similar to equipped items SlotIndex - I believe there is no SlotIndex 0 and it starts at SlotIndex 1
Based on the "SlotColCount" and "SlotRowCount":
Code:
<Component Type="SlotListBox" Name="Inventory_PCBangList" Skin="queens_Default_SlotList" >
<Property Name="SlotColCount" Value="8" />
<Property Name="SlotRowCount" Value="4" />

Inventory items (like equipped items) have only a single SlotIndex, meaning inventory layout is nothing more than a number that increments up to 32 slot count, based on Col(8) * Row(4).
So inventory not equipped may have a SlotIndex from 1-32 and most likely not start at SlotIndex 0.
Since InvenType 1 and SlotIndex 0 is the location all equipped items show (currently the weapon slot), and SlotIndex 0 would hypothetically not exist in not equipped inventory (if SlotIndex = 1-32 and not 0-31 for inventory bag - not referring to equipped items).
It makes sense that we see only Equipped Weapon Slot being the placeholder for equipped items (no matter what equipped item type).
ALSO that Inventory would never show in SlotIndex 0 if it counts from 1-32.

Seems to be one of the last remaining "large" issues to contend with, before working towards any minor issues.

-----------EDIT ADDED-----------
After testing various methods. I can confirm that inventory bag items are receiving SlotIndex 0 as default no matter its SlotIndex in the database.
I looted an item and changed its InvenType from 0 to 1 (not equipped to equipped).
Even though the SlotIndex was 3 in the database table Inventory, the item shows in the Weapon slot of equipped items, meaning it received a "Null" or 0 (zero) as suspected for SlotIndex.
Image attached to show reference.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just stopping by to say thanks for the hard work and updates!

Reaction score
We've tested on 5 clients thus far, all 5 have the same issue. Only SlotIndex being an issue regarding equipped items and inventory.

We will be looking into it further this weekend. (rough week right now).
Just "noting" the delay, since we're all anxious to get this running proper like.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow big big thanks to this work! I read everything but didn´t understand all of your progress but I checked a bit whats the problem is

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have it and correct client i think, let me share you the GM tools

can anyone post an screenshot of the client? just to compare

Reaction score

Client: 0.9.20.431 seems to work fine (All versions have the same --NULL-- Error). There are multiple copies of this client out there right now.
Even though vendettagn has their own client, I wouldn't use it for 3 reasons.
1. They put it together themselves.
2. It has custom file changes.
3. Just don't like stepping on someone else toes (even if they think I have in the past - which I haven't)

NULL error could be caused by database, haven't had time to dig into this just yet.
terzo (added a screenshot of a 0.9.20.431 installer version) I don't have time to sort out other clients at the moment for further screenshots. Perhaps someone else might?

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score

from those pck files its kinda looks vendetta client files. if is the inital version then could be what we are looking for with DNC

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This game was my favourite MMORPG.
The gameplay style is actually awesome.

Reaction score
Currently, we're using the (custom made) web api to authenticate the client. The web-api authenticates account login and character creation. The authenticated account can log out and generate a new character based on that authentication, but it is not carried over inside the game.

Once in game, the client does not have the proper authentication to retrieve data from the database. As the web api is merely forcing an account name/password to be validated for account login / char creation only (at the moment). Once the client attempts to use character authentication (in game) to retrieve character data from the database, it fails due to not having maintained authentication of the "character inside the client". This can be validated by attempting to use in-game GUI's that reference character authentication (2 examples are the Broker or Guild Storage - which require character authentication and query from the database, but fails due to lack of character authentication via client).
Since the character authentication in game versus the database retrieval of information is not maintained; the items cannot be read from the current character stored data in the database. The server knows the character is correct and thus populates the data to the database, but retrieval is failing since the client cannot authenticate the character during the retrieval of information via database queries.

In this instance the client can only return a null value for SlotIndex (for character sheet) and the auto-equipped items get stored into the "weapon slot" since the weapon slot would have SlotIndex = 0 (queens_gui_charinfo.layouts) and SlotType (queens_gui_inventory.layouts).

Auto-equipped items are done so at time of accepting reward, so show automatically in character sheet. Problem with other gear types, they cannot validate their InvenType/SlotIndex from the db vs character. So the next item auto-equipped gets forced into weapon slot without a means to validate InvenType and SlotIndex (since the SlotIndex returns "null").
This is also why the item poofs upon logout, as the item registered in weapon slot is no longer "temporarily" stored in memory - the location slotted upon reward acceptance.

We'll continue to work on the issue.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Currently, we're using the (custom made) web api to authenticate the client. The web-api authenticates account login and character creation. The authenticated account can log out and generate a new character based on that authentication, but it is not carried over inside the game.

Once in game, the client does not have the proper authentication to retrieve data from the database. As the web api is merely forcing an account name/password to be validated for account login / char creation only (at the moment). Once the client attempts to use character authentication (in game) to retrieve character data from the database, it fails due to not having maintained authentication of the "character inside the client". This can be validated by attempting to use in-game GUI's that reference character authentication (2 examples are the Broker or Guild Storage - which require character authentication and query from the database, but fails due to lack of character authentication via client).
Since the character authentication in game versus the database retrieval of information is not maintained; the items cannot be read from the current character stored data in the database. The server knows the character is correct and thus populates the data to the database, but retrieval is failing since the client cannot authenticate the character during the retrieval of information via database queries.

In this instance the client can only return a null value for SlotIndex (for character sheet) and the auto-equipped items get stored into the "weapon slot" since the weapon slot would have SlotIndex = 0 (queens_gui_charinfo.layouts) and SlotType (queens_gui_inventory.layouts).

Auto-equipped items are done so at time of accepting reward, so show automatically in character sheet. Problem with other gear types, they cannot validate their InvenType/SlotIndex from the db vs character. So the next item auto-equipped gets forced into weapon slot without a means to validate InvenType and SlotIndex (since the SlotIndex returns "null").
This is also why the item poofs upon logout, as the item registered in weapon slot is no longer "temporarily" stored in memory - the location slotted upon reward acceptance.

We'll continue to work on the issue.
good news anyway

Reactions: DNC
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My favourite MMO for long time too, I played it in Aeria.
Nowdays Ive installed the Vendetta client but unlucky many players are getting mother disconnections from server all time, me included.
Any new alternative server will be great.
Ill try my best with attached files in this post to get up a SB server although my knowledge about servers is 0,1.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how do i run this game Is there video for installation ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Are there any subtleties in setting up the SQL server? While I praise the connection error in the database, the profiler is empty.

ConnectToDB() error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@DNC first of all I appreciate the effort of your team your doing a great job trying to revive the scarlet blade.
But in my opinion and considering that you don´t have free time to advance you should consider to share the project files. All links in this thread are broken "even if they was not complete" a person with knownledge could do something with that. And remember that an emulator of a game is not a work that would be done in 1 day. For sure it would took around 1 year or more of development.

Again thanks for keep us informed about the development progress. And please consider to share the project.

Reactions: DNC
Reaction score
@Rose
You'll have to forgive my correcting a few inconsistencies (none of which is directed towards yourself or anyone else, just clearing things up).
I did not start the project, nor is it an actual team but friends assisting one another.
The web api (the only part not here - all other files are identical to what we have), was created by Hycker and as such, not something I'm willing to share (that'd be on him).
Yes, I do not have enough time on my hands, but that was not the reason we're in the current situation, the clients versus the api versus the server (3 individual pieces are not fully meshed together as of yet).

Apologies, for not having made further updates to the thread, but again this isn't my thread and I've not made any progress due to real life.

Cheers

This files is lack of api so unable to login.
Also one db is missing
+client is not compatible

sorry to say that, but its useless in this state :(

Here is another tidbit, since this isn't Hycker thread either.
He made comments regarding initial release.
He's also pointed out the missing database and incorrect client version.

Back