Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server file 9Dragons VN 2008

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I hope guys can make it work.
server :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_AgFvm_i7NAdnNfTUtpUnhhM28/view?usp=sharing
Client :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_AgFvm_i7NAbXdkdW0yUXZOU0E/view?usp=sharing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: [Release] Server file 9Dragons VN 2008

Login server times out. Any ideas?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I got a problem.

Please someone...help me.

In the past I did set up a server with the well-known 2012 US server files (following ZeroBurner's guide) but I didn't like it. Of course big thank you to ZeroBurner, without him most of these private servers would not have succeeded.

I'd prefer older style UI elements, instant map loads, a maximum of +12 refine, no Kunlun/new maps, etc. I found some new server files. They're the VN 2008 ones (which would be perfect - I'd just have to change the NDTEXTDB and/or FONT on client side and I believe it would be just fine).

OS STATUS: lots of Windows Updates installed, with tons of C++ redi,.NET's.
CPU: i5
RAM: 32GB
VMWARE: No
NETWORK: Ethernet/Wi-Fi/Hamachi VPN

Current progress: (followed ZeroBurner's guide at some points)
- downloaded the 'VN2008 Server Files'
- downloaded the 'VN2008 Client Fles' - it's version 31 ... according to the launcher and NDREG.
- installed python, pyODBC and other files from the guide.
- installed Apache Web Server, used the Hamachi IP, configured the same way as ZeroBurner did.
- put all required folders into 'C:\httpd\Apache2\htdocs'.
- put 'authentication.py' into 'C:\httpd\Apache2\cgi-bin' and renamed it to 'login.py'.
- installed MSSQL 2008 R2 on local machine, enabled TCP/IP + the rest of the options inside SQL Manager, then restarted the services.
- renamed 'EOD_DATA_ORG' (the VN2008 files) folder to '9Dragons' and placed it to C:\. [Path: C:\9Dragons]
- placed 'scripts' folder to C:\. [Path: C:\scripts]
- edited Hosts file just like ZeroBurner did
- restored the following Databases: 3 DB files can be found in 'EOD_DATA_ORG' / DB folder: ND_GAME_0.bak, ND_HISTORY_0.bak, NineDragons.bak. I restored these. After this, I took the remaining DB files from the 2012 US server's DB folder: CIS_DB, ND_LOG_0, ND_STATISTICS, GMS. I restored these as well.
- configured the DB's just like ZeroBurner (Hamachi IP addresses, my own DB PW, 'sa' user, etc)
- I set the patch number to '31' in SQL and the client version to '393337' so that it matches the VN2008 client!
- made sure my Hamachi IP was in the SQL configuration manager
- edited dbauth.py inside 'scripts' folder accordingly (correct DB IP, PW, USER, etc)
- used the 'lump.dat' file and placed it to the correct locations (ZeroBurner guide)
- the file 'keybox.dat' is also at the correct locations
- in 'C:\9Dragons' --> edited all *.inf files (ServerEnv files, log files, AuthAddr, Billing, etc, literally all of those) and used Hamachi IP everywhere. (AuthAddr.inf points to '<hamachi ip>.../cgi-bin/login.py')
- in 'C:\9Dragons' --> decrypted all *.enc files, edited them to get the correct SQL Connection strings then encrypted them back to *.enc and replaced them everywhere including 'C:\scripts'.
- took the server starter icons and changed the word "idc" to "extra" because that's how I left the connection strings in the .enc files. (Later I tried it with "IDC" in .enc and icons too but it didn't work ofc).
- edited LOG_SRV icon and added my hamachi IP in there
- launched the server: they all started up nicely, I opened the server and started Hefei. By default NDServer.exe appears to be in 'Innertest' mode but there's another exe in \GS folder called 'NDserver_.exe' and by using that one the standard maps launched, instead of the 'Innertest' mode, - but of course it did not solve my problem.
- started up the VN2008 Client and managed to get to the login screen. The server list was visible.
- I opened SQL Management Studio and looked for a recent account in the table 'dbo.Tbl_MemberLogin'.
- typed 'set trace on' inside NDLogin.exe server console in order to see the errors

Now this is the part where I get stuck. I try to connect and the login server times out. When I try to log in with a valid account (one that exists in the DB) the NDLogin.exe server console says the 'DBLogin was successful' or something like that. But it says the same even if the password is wrong... Now, if I try to log in with an invalid account ID (one that is not present in the DB) it instantly says 'Login failed'. It kind of implies that the NDLogin sees the DB and has an active connection. (By no means am I an SQL Expert, I'm just speculating). I tried logging in with other existing accounts - same error. Then I tried using other NDLogin.exe's (there are a few more login servers available) but no success. I also tried using the 2012 NDLogin_US.exe + the 2012 DB files but obviously did not work... However, I checked the log files in DS_SERVER log folder and found this:

"
15-34-52, COdbc:: Disconnect: Try Disconnect ODBC DSN=, ID=
15-34-52, COdbc:: Connect: Free All ODBC Handle
15-34-52, COdbc:: Connect: ODBC Backup connection information.
15-34-52, COdbc:: Connect: DSN=ItemShop, ID=shop_gw_user_nine
15-34-52, COdbc:: Connect: Success - Allocate DB Connection Handle
15-34-52, COdbc:: _Recover(1): #ERR SQL Dbc:IM002, NativeError=0, [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
"

I'm not entirely sure what it is or what it refers to. Maybe this is why the login server times out? DS appears to be struggling to connect to something? I don't even know what ODBC is.
(I mean it's OLE DB I guess and it's some sort of DB connector application? xD)

A few other things though,

I opened NDLogin_US (the 2012 one, from ZeroBurner's files) executable with OllyDBG and looked for strings and found a shitload of text and they refer to HTTP Authentication! Such as: 'Send Success', 'nfofile/AuthAddr.inf', 'Content-Type', etc...
Then I opened the VN2008 NDLogin and found literally nothing that indicates the presence of HTTP authentication methods...or any authentication method at all. It doesn't even have "AuthAddr.inf" in there so...I don't know how this works.

Or maybe it really needs that 'authentication.py' file? Something must send the NDLogin executable a call that the login was successful?

To summarize, I believe I did everything correctly yet the login server times out.

Thank you for reading!

Back